Reviews for Molly and her Daughter
wrappedinharry chapter 1 . 6/24/2012
How typical is this of Ron? LOL. His mother has to remind him to write to Ginny like he promised. Oh, well, at least it was more than just a few cursory words.

This is the Ginny that so many anti-Ginny (and there are hordes of them) hark to when they say she is nothing but a fan girl and only ever wanted Harry for his fame. Hello! She was ten years old and had heard about Harry since she was tiny. Of course she would have been excited to see him at the railway station; she had probably never seen anyone famous before. People are so narrow minded.

I once got a review from someone who berated me for not saying that Harry and Ginny would end up together (this wasn't a H/G fic but she did feature). She went on to say that she hates the little twerp with a passion and if she could, she would love to kill her by setting her hair on fire.

There are some truly lovely people out there.

Anyway, I loved the image of Molly brushing Ginny's hair and them having this girly time together.

Lovely start.

Lesley
Darcy58 chapter 1 . 6/8/2012
Once again tnight I'm having to say Oh well done to you! You really do get canon characterisations so well, the interplay between Molly and Ginny spot on. Cant wait for this to update ...but then that may mean your other stories have to wait, bugger!
AurorWombat chapter 1 . 5/7/2012
I will absolutely be looking forward to following Molly’s view on the series – I’m sure her take is very different from Harry’s. I already love the little details you add to canon, details Harry have no chance of knowing; like how Molly actually made cheese and pickle for Ron, not roast beef.

I do hope the main focus of this story is, as the title indicates, the relationship and characters of Molly and Ginny. Not Harry and Ginny (as you’ve indicated by your choice of main characters), since I personally think there’s more to young Ginny (and this story) than her crush on “the boy who lived”. :-)
PrincessSkywalkerOrgana chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
Lovely.

Great fic.
Thirst4light chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
Wow..That was interesting. I have never really given much thought about Molly's PoV but your take on Molly is definitely different than the other fics I have read. She seemed like a calm person inside..Good one!
aalens chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
You have a grave disability - that of never being able to write an uninteresting fic. lol
rebecka chapter 1 . 4/4/2012
I like the beginning a lot. It's always interesting to hear the thoughts of Molly Weasley:)

RA
Stephanie O chapter 1 . 3/30/2012
Looks to be another fantastic story! That bit about Ron's corned beef sandwiches explains so much! I never really pictured Molly so scattered that she'd give Ron the kind of sandwiches he hates, but the twins switching them out is sooo plausible! :)
Alexandrus W. Pendragon chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
Your command of the child-like voice (Ginny's in narration, and especially Ron's in the letter), interspersed with Molly as main narrator, is quite impressive. I'll be more than happy to await updates to a story like this, even if they're rare...
Arnel 63 chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
This is a story I will be looking forward to. You write the intimate moments between the characters so well, and this glimpse of the two Weasley witches together didn't disappoint. I love how Ginny only chose to read a very few parts to Molly, so that Ron's secret, whatever it is, stays between only them. I look forward to your next installment whenever it comes out.
brigrove chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
Quite sweet

All the conspiracy theorists think Molly asking Ginny loudly which platform it was, was part of a set-up, but lots of parents ask their children things hey know they will know the answer to, just to make them feel that they are being clever or helpful. Maybe Ginny is a little old for that, but Molly does tend to treat her kids like they were still about 5 years old
Oracle2Phoenix chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
Ah the time before Ginny met Harry. This is nice you don't do many story's before the Battle and this is the only one this far back. Is this going to be an exchange of between brothers and Ginny? Love it so far.

Oracle
Illyra chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
Wonderful chapter! I love Mollys POV, how she is contemplating her empty house, the relationship between her two youngest and mostly, that she sees the truth about Harry and his upbringing.

Cant wait to see how this story develops.
MHood80 chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
Really Fantastic! Exactly the kind of glimpse into the world from Molly Weasley that I was curious about. Just perfect to start back when the Weasleys first meet Harry and Hermione, especially her thoughts and Ginny's impression. Really great start!
Athenais777 chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
Such a sweet little moment between Molly and Ginny. And I liked the letter from Ron, at least the bits we got. Very faithful to the beginning of the first book. Finally, I liked the little detail about the sandwich although Molly still knits maroon jumpers for Ron when he supposedly doesn't like maroon...
45 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3