Reviews for Sympathy for the Devil and Mycroft Holmes
Robin chapter 2 . 9/25
There is many comments about how wonderful this is so I will comment on some of many highlights. The after effects at the pool. Mycroft and John sharing an understanding. I love John confronting Mycroft after the Irene / plane scene. Mycroft did grind him down in front of Irene. I loved Sherlock/Mycroft talks after the Bakerstreet explosion and Bakersfield. The idea of Mycroft not knowing he survived was spectacular and John guessing by Mycroft tears. Then you tied it up neatly with the puppy. This fits so perfectly with the show it should have been included.
Wonderful!
Guest chapter 2 . 9/14/2018
Excellent study on Mycroft and his constant desire to protect his brother. He does love Sherlock very much.
I was not happy however on how John saw Mycroft's actions. He only saw the cunning politician and totally missed the caring brother. And still, Mycroft took upon himself the duty to care for John after the fall.
I should not be surprised by John's actions though, after all season 4 showed that John is not that much more mature than Sherlock, is he?
Empspesy chapter 2 . 5/25/2018
just absolutely wonderful, and a beautiful end.
Angela.Qrow chapter 2 . 4/14/2018
Beautiful...
YouCareSoMuch chapter 2 . 12/3/2017
Oh my god, I will never stop crying over Sherlock Holmes. Your puppy analogy throughout the entire story is gorgeous. I am a strong believer in one event in tour life making of breaking you. This story reflects something I’ve believed for a looong time: It is all about John. The entire show is centered around John. How Sherlock reacts to John. And your story had that. It was Sherlock reacting to John and then, in turn, Mycroft reacting to how Sherlock reacted. Beautiful story; the best fanfics are ones like this one that dig deep into Sherlock’s and Mycroft’s past and their psyches to reveal just how much has changed since John entered their lives. And just how very much Sherlock loves his John. Thanks!
CrimsonQueen24 chapter 2 . 11/8/2017
I loved this story! Mycroft is such a mysterious character, that even a little insight is amazing. However you went far beyond a little :) I loved the depth you gave him and especially the way you portrayed John as well. I thought you did an excellent job with all the character portrayals actually. Great story.
Andante825 chapter 2 . 8/10/2017
Stunning work. I've enjoyed your stories so much today.
bee.zippy chapter 1 . 7/13/2017
Pure wonderfulness. Love the conversation at the end between the brothers. Your writing of Mycroft was so good! Thank you!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/13/2017
Absolutely delightful. Thanks for sharing this.
Annie
lany-chan chapter 2 . 12/25/2016
Omg so much feeling!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/25/2016
fourth, not forth.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/25/2016
holmes, not homes. auto-correct?
Guest chapter 2 . 12/15/2016
yes. this is amazing and i hope you write more amazement in the future. 8)
The Other World chapter 2 . 11/15/2016
Absolutely amazing! 3 The last part was so strong - my God, it almost brought me to tears. I was taking deep breaths to stop myself from crying. I'm glad they finally got out the words.
Don't think John would much appreciate being called a puppy though :P These Holmes brothers... so caring and so idiotic. 3 3 Gotta love them both, really