Reviews for Genius Denied
yay chapter 1 . 2/23
I love every part of this.
Ziek Aramaik chapter 1 . 1/11
I'm having trouble putting how I feel about this story into words. I found it by accident, and it was an instantaneous favorite. I noticed the other reviewers are trying to diagnose Wally, mostly guessing dyslexia or aspergers (though it doesn't seem like those to me). My point is: I think it was the right decision for you to leave it ambiguous/unnamed. A lot of people have to deal with being diagnosed incorrectly - or not diagnosed at all. A lot of people don't get labels that can conveniently explain everything. They just have "trouble," mentally or physically. I think that lack of a clear-cut answer is a lot harder to deal with (and thus, more dramatic fiction). This is the type of story that touches your heart.
Wildrop chapter 1 . 6/20/2014
Cute. Thank you for the story!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/23/2013
I'm guessing he has dyslexia
Didn't expect the shounen-ai ending
I prefer bromance
Still, very good story.
wiz-witch in training chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
I love this fic, I've read it several times over, and until my own diagnosis, I wondered what caused Wally's brain to be different.

So...out of curiosity, does he have Asperger's Syndrome in this? That's what I have, and, well, I detect a lot of similarities: the being "fast" in some subjects but "slow" in others, the genius like intelligence at a young age, the inability to hold a pencil correctly (I hold it weird) and having sloppy handwriting (Mom always comments), and especially the scene where he's playing with the girl but she ends up getting bored of his conversation topics. Common aspie trait...

So, again, I LOVE this story, and was curious about the Aspergers thing...
VaRa129 chapter 1 . 6/25/2013
Oh I just love this! I've always put Wally with a form of disability like this. I don't even know why. To me it seems like he has a type of autism? Aspergers to be specific? It kind of seems like he has some of those symptoms.

I can relate to how he feels, I myself have Aspergers so I would really only do well in sciences and maths. Dick's right, there isn't anything wrong with having a disability and it just apart of what makes you. I love how you put that into your story!

I'm thinking maybe you should/could do another story based on this idea. I would defiantly want to read it! Long review is long so I shall go now. _
andysanime chapter 1 . 5/31/2013
Good job on this story... with the pencil part I could kind of sympathize with Wally since I was constantly told by teachers in elementary and middle school that I was holding the pencil wrong... poor Wally though going through all that...
skyinthenightslove chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
Just to be clear, were you playing at Wally having a form of autism?
steam-panda chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
omg so cute! and this one touchs home with me, so thank you for this amazing story!
TealEyedBeing chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
The ending was cute.
graesun chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
Very sweet and well written. 3
umbuby chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
This is great. I love how well it's set up at the beginning. you're really good at writing kids : )
PrincessLeia1560 chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
At first in your story I thought I would cry... Then towards the end, I started feeling really happy. I'm glad the story had a happy ending.