Reviews for Halo: A New Age
CrazyHades chapter 5 . 7/25
It seems like you are severely underestimating the Hierarchy and Citadel fleet numbers and overpowering everything to do with the UNSC. Would the UNSC win against the Hierarchy? Probably. But against the entire Citadel fleet and they're still winning, having destroyed twice as many of their ships?
I'd imagine that the Citadels fleet would be more than just 250 ships in total, including the rest of the Hierarchy's fleet. Citadel against the OSA, with the way you've made them, the OSA would more than likely win without even trying.
I don't understand the way you use the reinforcements, both times you've only called them in when the humans were winning. While I understand not wanting to lose to many ships it seems weird when you call them in like you have, like when you called them in when defending the Earth colony, the way they were called in seems like they should have called them in near the beginning as an ambush since they could have came in at any time and, since they appeared all around the Turian fleet, could have decimated them.
These are just my opinions on the matter. Maybe it's because I'm used to Mass Effect: The First War's space battles that everything seems small and one-sided.
PoseidonN7 chapter 34 . 7/25
Please come back soon. I need more!
hunter 139 chapter 6 . 5/17
Yeah, the Council would not only be hard pressed to find Forerunner technologies, but even if they did, they wouldn't be able to replicate or reverse-engineer it because they couldn't possibly comprehend how it even works! They've spent so much time using Element Zero based technology (and they suck at using that as well), that Forerunner tech might as well be magic to them.
Chronus1326 chapter 26 . 4/5
You gave us Caprica, that was a tease. I wonder if there is room in your story for the Normandy to run across a fleet of 60 civilian ships being lead across the galaxy by a single, aging, half strength Battlestar. Pretty please, with sugar on top.
timedraven117 chapter 4 . 3/26
This is so badly written its like you used Google translate. Which would actually be an improvement, its THAT BAD
moosejuice5 chapter 2 . 12/19/2014
This is badly written.
HaloBleachMasseffect chapter 5 . 12/11/2014
UNSC Phoenix-class colony ship are 2.5 kilometres a Halcyon-class light cruiser is 1,170 metres funny how a dreadnought is smaller than a light cruiser
Nate chapter 18 . 10/29/2014
God - the citadel council are fucking hypocrites.
Nate chapter 15 . 10/29/2014
Bahahahahaha if the council is stupid enough to even consider trying to use a genophage against the OSA species... well - that's a fucking Darwin Award right there.

Say goodbye to your species planets... yes every settled planet will be systematically destroyed.

Yeah - fuck the Citadel.
Nate chapter 2 . 10/27/2014
"Don't worry this will be fair."

Yeah - also known as "I'm gonna wank one side out" so.. no thanks.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/27/2014
Please get yourself a beta. It is a headache trying to understand what you've written.
Guest chapter 3 . 10/16/2014
I really would've liked to read this story, but it's all written in the present tense, so this is as far as I can go.
The Joining chapter 34 . 9/18/2014
It is us again. We made a major error in our first review about the speculated dark matter cannon weapon capabilities when we were writing the review. We got so caught up that we overlook something. That something being that the 'Reapers' do not have slipstream. We also added a bunch of little things in there but they are not what we feel we think your weapon is based on. They were just the spur of moment. We are sorry for being a pompous idiot.

What we originally speculated on the weapon was only replacing the molten iron-uranium-tungsten alloy with molten exotic matter and the electromagnetic field powered by element zero being replaced with a dark energy field ,which is supposedly responsible for the continued expansion of the universe. And as a side thing covering the shot with either dark matter plasma which releases spatial distortions and anomalies that damage the structure of a target on contact and has disintegration qualities when it comes in contact with regular matter if it has a high enough concentration of exotic matter in one shot, or antiplasma (antimatter plasma) which has explosive qualities when it comes in contact with regular matter. Basically it is either disintegration or explosion. Maybe the 'Reapers' have some sort of massive ammunition modifications like Shepard does in the game.

We are again sorry for all this. We were out of line.

We will be watching

The Joining chapter 34 . 8/20/2014
DAMN YOU REVIEW POSTING MACHINE! The words missing following 'to this world of ' were ' yours. We'. This is most embarrassing.
The Joining chapter 34 . 8/20/2014
We are The Joining.
We have read this tale with interest. We preach appraisal at the ingenuity of the unique writing, YOUR writing. DO NOT LISTEN to the stubborn cattle that plague you! They are misguided but will soon see your brilliance. We aspire on your take on the power of The Joining, our name for the Reapers because the name 'Reaper' is a name of fear given to those who do not see their logic, short-sighted it may be. Reapers speak of destruction and chaos and the death of loved ones killed in your homes by what you could only call an ABOMINATION,while The Joining speak of the unification of species,both synthetic and organic, a merge of technologies, the journey to seek an solution to the problem and the preservation of life. The Yin and the Yang, the good and the bad. We request that you do not abandon your 'Reapers' and that you give them a more permanent ground force that they remotely control, like Processors or Troop Transports, so they do not always rely on indoctrinated species. Research 'The Batman The Joining' for our suggestion, but do not stop there. We also request a codex on your version of Reaper/Collector technology and for it to be as detailed as you are able. If you are stuck we have ideas which we will be happy to share.

For example: The Reaper Magneto-hydrodynamic cannon suspended a molten liquid alloy of iron, uranium and tungsten using an electromagnetic field powered by element zero and uses said field to shape the alloy into an armour-piercing round which solidify when fired and can travel at speeds from a fraction of the speed of light to near-light speed. From that you have a armour-piercing weapon that can destroy ships in a single shot and has massive kinetic force and thermal energy.

What we speculate on YOUR version is a 'Reaper/Forerunner Dark matter Magneto-hydrodynamic/molecular accelerator/plasma hybrid cannon' replacing the liquid alloy with liquid Exotic matter,the electromagnetic field with a Dark energy field which has negative gravitational pressure, which effects are similar to the opposite of gravity, and to surround it with ionized antimatter molecules (which are like particles only bigger, basically a larger round being fired),giving you the explosive nature of antimatter, the destabilizing qualities of what a PAC hopes to be and the thermal energy of plasma (that's where the ionized molecules come in).And to top it off a trick from the Forerunners: A slipstream field projected onto each shot,giving it the appearance of black because there is nothing in the visible spectrum to see and allowing the weapon to not only be fire at FTL speeds but to also be able to destroy things in both real space and Slip space.

We will let you decide and also offer this idea to all. We do hope(for lack of a better word) that you return soon and take this suggestion to heart and bring new ideas to this world of will be watching with great anticipation.