Reviews for The Grass Is Greener
satomika chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
i often think this way...
wanting to experience someone else's life...

although i know that my life, in general, is okay, i can't seem to like it...
and i would also wonder how could anyone like a life like mine when everything's just so upside-down and all...
Tukiko K chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
Lovely, great job!
Aryck-The-One chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
I see you're beginning to move into Avatar Korra territory. I can't wait for the official premiere. Saw the first two episodes over the weekend, and I glad to say Nickelodeon did the original series justice. Good thing, considering how much they've screwed up over the past 4 years.

Looking forward to more Korra fics from you. I'm also starting to get a little closer to MaKorra, though it needs to reach to the same levels of epicness as KatAang for me to really get into it. Remember the Book 2 finale? The 4th and 7th chakras? Aang's fall? That's what really got me into the whole shipping thing in the first place.
yerachael chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
This was such a good story! So well written and the way you elaborated on their thoughts was really good ) Hope to read more of your Makorra stuff )
chelmsford37 chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
Not bad! I definitely appreciate the slow burn developmental style of relationship build for these two. I don't think that Korra is conscious of romance at all. Mako is cautious as well. He might think of it, but he won't act on it. But Korra seems like the oblivious type. As far as the subject, yeah I like it. It really illustrates what I think the two were pondering in that scene, wondering about a different life. But I did feel that it was a bit too clean cut, meaning that their thoughts were too complimentary. I don't think that their thoughts would mirror each other's that much. However, that is a nit I have to pick. I liked the story, good job!
LexiPlexi chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
Really insightful, Light! It was true to what we know of the characters, and I can't wait (or at least HOPE) to read more from you regarding the new series.

-Lex
Krylancelo chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
That was good. I just watched ep 2 and I liked it.

Your fic showed off a nice idea about them. Nice.
Lady Rini chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
I think you did both characters justice. I can see them being a couple down the road. I just hope it doesn't break out into a love triangle between brothers. But knowing the creators they should be smarter than that.
Purple.Slippers.18 chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
Well done.

I think you truly captured what was going through the characters' heads in that final moment. As much as the makorra community lost it in those last clips, I thought of that scene as something more thoughtful, like Mako and Korra were sort of seeing each other for the first time in a metaphorical way.

Anyway, great work, thoroughly enjoyed it!

I.D.Gr chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
Aww! I really liked this! This was so perfect!
KillerLightbulb chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
Wow, this is really good! I'm surprised more people aren't writing fics after the premiere. I was a little annoyed when the ship-tease started so early, but I decided to ignore it until there's more substantial evidence of where they're going with the romance. Hope you write more, I really need more Korra fics!
inkykenrd chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
now that was good well reasoned and planed out. i would like to see someone do something about aang watching korra and his thoughts i mean mako and bolin is what aang wanted people mixing and learning from each other i mean mako's style is like earth bending and bolins water bending and korra using water so agressively like fire bending. i can just see aang looking at pro bending and demaning to play like it was airball and him looking at his son and wishing he would lighten up.
Love Struck Teenagers chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
awesome story! it really nsummed up the amazingness of the first 2 episodes! As I was reading it, i was flashing back to Aang's journey and i have to say i miss him:( although they do share the same crooked smile) I have to agree with the statement that aang was the best avatar there was. He learned 3 elements in less than a year on the go and during a war, not to mention metal bending, energy bending, and using your feet to see during earthbending. He defeated the fireloard single-handedly against all odds. and he still managed to get the girl, who was older than him. I feel bad for katara:( wow sorry kind of long review! great job though :D
BigBossofMoss chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
The more I watch the new Avatar episodes, the more I compare it to Batman Beyond.

But this was an interesting take on the first two episodes. Nice job.