Reviews for Against the Wind
This was lovely, I have read a few Tudor fics but never one with this take and I have to say I really enjoyed the whole story, the only complaint is that it had to end. :)
SusanL chapter 1 . 4/2
What a wonderful alternate history for these Royal Sisters.
Osiria Rose chapter 1 . 8/21/2014
Like all the other stories I've read that you've written, it's beautiful :') I'll get to reviewing the others eventually, but I want to try and do it justice. The Unbroken Universe is the best Harry Potter fanfiction I've read since Nightmares of Futures Past.

Sincerely,
Siri.
guest chapter 1 . 8/18/2014
I love how you've written this. This is the ending I think Mary and Elizabeth both deserved. Even though Mary didn't have a nice husband and children like Elizabeth, you didn't let her die unloved and hated like she was in real life. I always felt sorry for both her and Elizabeth. They both lost their mothers and were practically abandoned by their father. The way you wrote their relationship is the one all sisters should have no matter who or what they are or what age they live in. I like how you've kept this as close to the real history version as you could and the way you wrote it almost makes look like it actually happen. Impressive job.
Leni chapter 1 . 7/11/2014
I'm crying here. I so love alternate history with happier endings! And the best part? I'm off to do research on the names I didn't recognize. :D This was beautiful. Thank you for letting Elizabeth have a happy life with Dudley, and the relationship between the sisters, of course, was so tender and... true.

Will have to re-read. :D
MaxRide05 chapter 1 . 4/4/2014
I loved this. Especially little snippets that support my headcanon. It's strange to have a headcanon for history, I know, but having read and loved different books in the historical fiction genre that's what comes from it. Like Katherine Howard and Culpepper being in love, as opposed to lust. And the tiny mention of Anne of Cleves (godmother!) who I'm glad wasn't forgotten. And Edward, their brother, loving Jane Grey. And also the mention of Margaret Beaufort and her rules for confinement.

I really love the ending, how Robin was Elizabeth's pillar, and Mary marrying James (I was wondering if he'd be mentioned). But what I really love was the inscription of their tomb and how they were buried together, equals, as opposed to one superseding the other.

Definitely going on my favs!
MSquared79 chapter 1 . 2/22/2014
Love this story. I have a love of history and it's great how the alternate history works here!
NunaXoxo chapter 1 . 11/26/2013
"She swore that Great Harry's daughters would always stand between England and foreign domination"

This was absolutely positively beautiful. I have no words. It's amazing to see what would have happened if Mary and Elizabeth lived together whilst they were both bastards. The most amazing part is that is still historically correct! I mean, you still made an fantastic story but everything in England still went exactly the way it was meant to go. Elizabeth didn't marry Robin and have dozens of healthy sons, thus continuing the Tudor line. James VI still ruled England. Mary still died childless. Philip still turned out to be a major jerk. Mary and Elizabeth had the same inscription on their graves (I love that inscription! They were practically enemies historically but they were still buried next to each other and had the sweetest inscription over their graves!)

"I may be the mother, but this child is for both of us Mary"

This was incredibly sweet. I loved this part. I love the sisterly bond that could have and should have been created. All of what you wrote COULD have happened. It's a major what-if. I love it. I am truly speechless.

You are talented. Keep writing.
Centaurprincess chapter 1 . 10/18/2013
Loved it
Willow-Bee the Cat chapter 1 . 8/13/2013
Interesting AU.
meriland25 chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
this is such a beautifully well written and interesting fic,. I love the spin off and the relationship between the sisters! Your writting is wonderful and the story is both creative and believable. Thank you for this amazing fic , have a nice day :)
Whatever chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
I really enjoyed this. It's sort of a "what if" story about how things could have been if two of the principle characters made better decisions and things went their way. I would have liked to have seen you include more about the Counter Reformation - i.e. wouldn't it have been great if instead of killing all of those Jesuits, Elizabeth put them to good use in founding schools or colleges. Also it would have been nice to see a brief discussion of the difficulty Mary encountered with mitigating the loss of the monasteries and reconciling with Rome while not returning the lost property (tricky thing, but she did it). A number of the things you have Mary doing she actually did do, but people only focus on the 280something people she torched in the last few years of her life. Elizabeth killed thousands more, but she lived longer and the people who wrote the history books were on her side of the religious question.

All in all, fun story. Your language was anachronistic at times, but not too bad.
SpriteBlue chapter 1 . 11/30/2012
That was good :) I love how you made Mary and Elizabeth close friends and then you gave the latter a husband, yey.
Reese S. Quill chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
Wow...that was /awesome/. Completely amazing. I loved how you let Mary become a great queen, too, giving England an extended golden age and at least letting her be happy with her half-sister, if not with a husband. I loved the Bess/Robin pairing, too. :) Please continue writing.
Kila9Nishika chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
This - THIS is what I have longed for in a story about the Tudors, for as long as I can remember, even before the television show - I cannot come up with the proper words to praise the positive mastery that you have shown in this story.
If you ever had the time, would you possibly deepen this into a chaptered fic? PLEASE?
Many, MANY thanks,