Reviews for Singing All Your Lullabies From Memory
FinchelWriting chapter 1 . 7/9/2014
Perfect :) I like the fact that they were adults about their decisions and they struggled and they got it right and they ended up being better versions o themselves just because they supported each other. I also love the particular way you narrate. It gives the story and the readi ng a different pace, I feel like you choose the words and formulate the sentences so we read it and feel it at the speed you want us to, and it's great, I'd love to know how you do that. Or maybe I'm reading too much into it but that's just how your narrations feel. :)
Thank you for sharing your great work :) xoxo
Gillian Deverone chapter 1 . 4/5/2012
Great story. I love the almost "stream of consciousness" thing and how "Finn" it sounds.
Paceismyhero chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
Took me forever to get to it, but I did and I'm so happy I waited until I was able to give it my full and undivided attention. This was a very angsty interpretation of what life could be like for Finchel given certain circumstances, but it is also very realistic. Things are not going to be (should not be) easy for these two if they go through with it. And, yes, the song is a lovely addition to the tone of the story.

I won't pull out the whole thing, but I loved the idea of Finn having to quit Nationals. What an interesting twist that was sort of awesome. And, well, Finn as a firefighter DOES seem obvious, but in a great, sexy way. LOL!

Some other faves:

***They might sweat their guts out because there's no air conditioning and they live most of the summer on peanut butter and jelly since there's not actually a kitchen in their apartment, but… whatever. The living practically on top of each other thing really isn't a problem and later he'll swear that was their best summer together ever.***

Awwe.

***"We're doing fine," he says. He tries not to sound smug about it, but he kind of is a little bit and why not? He's working his ass off and so is she.***

I'd be smug, too!

***He's pretty sure she feels him tell her dad to fuck off and never call again, because Rachel doesn't call again after that either.***

It's sad but also hilarious!

And, yeah. Loved it and definitely hoping you'll do another part in Rachel's POV!
holygoof101 chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
Dear Jann,

First of all I would like to thank you for writing this so I had something to wash the epic garbage I've been reading for two days out of my brain. I adore you for that. I am going to try to keep the personalization of this review to a minimum but I make no promises. I also do not promise this is fully coherent for reasons you surely understand (I cant wait to feel normal again)

I think what I love the most about this is how you manage to realistically put them in a marriage. It's not all flowers. Sometimes you're inovet your head and don't even realize it. Sometimes things don't work out the way you have planned. Sometimes you don't have a freaking clue what you're doing at all. And just when you think you've got things worked out everything can change.

What you've done here is just wonderful. Its the Finn and Rachel we love, clear as day. Its the Finn we know so well and its a very adult real world situation that I don't think they (at least on the show so far) fully realize they're getting into. Here you put them into and they're forced to deal with it. The good, the bad, and everything in between. Even the thoughts that sometimes love maybe not be enough. And despite the work and the doubts and all the bullshit that comes with growing up they push through. Because sometimes at the end of the day when the world doesn't matter, just sometimes love is enough. Or at least enough to make you push through.

There's a lot about this story that struck personal chords with me and we can discuss that if you'd like but I will abstain from putting it out on Front Street. So I will end this by simply expressing my love for this story and stating very clearly if you ever state in any way that your work belongs in the land of bad fan fiction I will... be very upset with you for berating my awesome writing friend.
nelunar chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
aww, this is so awesome! I love how its hard, and real, but they stay together! Finns mom supporting them is great! Glad Finn found something. Can't wait to read more!
This Little Lady chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
What a lovely story! I've missed your writing and this one totally makes up for the time you were away. I can totally relate to Finn and Rachel's situations when they got married and moved to New York because it's believable and realistic. And while I was reading this, I can't help but think of how thankful I am for the things I have and for the experiences that I've learned from. Starting over with almost nothing is hard, but it gets better eventually.
mprmusings chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
Ah Miss Jann-welcome back, love the new addition to your ff's. realistic, angst worthy and just the right balance of enough love and self introspection. Excellent!
AliasCSINYFriendsER chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
I freaking LOVED this. I don't think I can get more eloquent than that tonight; it's late & I'm exhausted. Haha!

But...it was AMAZING!

LOVED!

-mandi *_*
joshsgrl chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
Hai girl ! Ok I can honestly say I've missed seeing stuff from you in my inbox. This was amazing as usual, like anything you write would be anything less than amazing. It's also like the first Finchel thing I've read in months so thank you for reminding me why I love them. This makes me want to work on the final chapter of Hells, but yeah my muse is currently who knows where, probably off with Jen's drinking tequila shots somewhere. I need to get back on Skype so we can have a proper catch up session. Muah! Ali
noro chapter 1 . 3/24/2012