Reviews for Three Words
ThisLoveHasNoCeiling chapter 5 . 4/28/2012
Sorry it took me forever to review, but I love this! It's a wonderful conclusion to the whole thing!

I love how Remus doesn't quite understand his feelings for Tonks and how that makes it hard for him to let himself feel what he feels for her. I think that's probably a pretty good explanation for his behavior throughout HBP...I don't think he's really sure what to do then, and he just sort of resorts to his words, like you suggest.

I love the very last scene, too...he doesn't quite give up on his three words, but instead finds three new ones. That was a really nice way to end it! I think it makes sense that way, too, because he never really forgets his old three words (as he pretty much rephrases them in the argument with Harry during DH).

Basically, I loved it! The whole thing was really well written and thought out, and I love how you write Tonks and especially Remus. I hope you post more soon!
kittykatloren chapter 5 . 4/20/2012
Wonderful conclusion to a wonderful story. I'm glad it came back around to the Three Words we all know and love. I wish I could say more, but it's 2am, I probably won't be coherent. Needless to say, I enjoyed this bunches 3

ThisLoveHasNoCeiling chapter 4 . 4/8/2012
I love this one! I think it really does Remus' "too dangerous" argument justice.

As sad as it is for Remus to have horrible nightmares about harming those he loves, I think it's really telling that he worries about harming Tonks. Even if he doesn't quite recognize the significance of the nightmares involving her - or does but doesn't want to admit it - I think it's important for him to have those fears. Obviously, something's bothering him if he can push her away for a year or so during HBP.

And then the line about how Remus wonders if it'd've been easier for his parents if he'd died instead of being turned...oof. So rough for him to even have that thought, yet again very telling about where he is emotionally and the amount of guilt he feels about what happened to him.

I loved the last scenes best - in St. Mungo's and in Tonks' flat. Both are very interesting because Remus never really addresses his feelings for Tonks - he doesn't come out and say he loves her, but his actions and thoughts suggest that. It's interesting that he doesn't quite seem to realize it yet. And the bit about him worrying about seeing her unmorphed, because she hasn't chosen to show him her face, demonstrates a lot of respect he has for her.

Then, the last one, is both adorable and heart-breaking! I mean, it's horrible for both of them to wish it'd've been them, and to feel guilty for 'causing' the death of their friend/cousin. But the way they both reveal a bit of their feelings for each other, again without saying anything explicitly, is wonderful. And the fact that they can relate to each other through their feelings is, too.

Anyway, loved it! These are great, I can't wait for part V!
kittykatloren chapter 4 . 4/8/2012
Ooh, so much good. What's so scary about his dreams is that he's AWARE of it. In real life, if something were to happen, he wouldn't really know it while it was happening, only after, which is terrifying in its own way but there's something different about being mentally there as it happens.

I love the details about Tonks' unmorphed face, her expression, how it feels almost "wrong" to see her vulnerable like that. Tonks must have had interesting teenage years... Sort of free of all the self-image issues that are sure to plague adolescent witches as much as they do Muggles, but still, not really.

The responsibility/survivor's guilt they both feel about Sirius is touching. And sad, of course. It's a conversation they have to have, sort of the prequel to his rejecting her.

L.C. Li chapter 3 . 4/3/2012
Lovely. Poetic. One of my favorite pairings. What else could I ask for?
ThisLoveHasNoCeiling chapter 3 . 4/2/2012
Sorry for taking so long to review on this, I sat down to yesterday and then the internet decided to act strangely.

But anyway, love this one! I completely agree, Remus' "too poor" argument is very powerful, not necessarily because he and Tonks would have financial problems but more on principle. I think, like you've portrayed, that it would deeply bother Remus to not be able to provide for the ones he loves, even if they don't need it.

Anyway, I love how you start with his childhood to show how this has been a problem for him ever since he got the bite, but not forever. I feel as though, like you wrote, it would devastate Remus to know he wasn't always poor, and that it was a direct result of his lycanthropy. And, as you portrayed, I think Remus would feel very guilty about what the bite would've done to his family, even though it wasn't his fault.

He certainly likes blaming himself for things! Which I you wrote wonderfully, later on, when he blames himself for his father's death. And Tonks, in the scene at his father's grave, is perfect. It seems so much like her and yet so mature at the same time - I just love it! The way she doesn't argue with him but instead just tries to comfort him, to understand him, is very powerful.

And then, of course, (as seems to be norm), your final section is just stellar! Despite how sad it is, that's my favorite. It's so telling for both of them, and such an important moment, and it's just...perfect, I guess! I absolutely loved it!

Anyway, I obviously really enjoyed the whole thing! Great job, and I can't wait for part IV!
kittykatloren chapter 3 . 3/31/2012
So much wonderful headcanon, JK Rowling couldn't have thought it up better herself. The way the bite happened, the bit about his name, his pain at receiving gifts... I am completely invested, and will probably adopt much of your headcanon as my own. x)

I love the relationships you explored later on in this chap, too - though it was just a snippet, I liked Lily encouraging him, and the bit about Sirius and Remus really getting each other now. They KNOW what it's like, they do.

ThisLoveHasNoCeiling chapter 2 . 3/28/2012
Oof. That last line! I mean...oof!

Which is a good thing, actually. I mean, it's one of those last lines that lingers, you know? You set it up brilliantly to come to that conclusion, to that punch-line, if you will. Just the phrasing/word choice/whatever you want to call it leads up perfectly and it's quite the powerful line! Loved it!

And, since we're working backwards, I love Tonks' bluntness about how Remus counts age and how she takes him by surprise there - it seems he doesn't quite expect her to be so insightful and it's wonderful that she can shock him like that. And I love the idea of "a harsh whispering sort of voice that didn't really make an ounce of sense."

As for the story itself...I just adore the idea of an awkward, flattered 17-year-old Lupin having to (kindly) turn down a 13/14-year-old...quite adorable to picture. And Tonks' semi-defensiveness when it comes to the age difference thing is quite telling! But I just love how the moment, in between Molly, Tonks, Sirius, Remus, and Bill, foreshadows Lupin's later arguments against Tonks.

Anyway, loved part II and I can't wait for part III :)
ava15 chapter 2 . 3/27/2012
Absolutely wonderful-I love your style and the angsty feel to your story. Can't wait for the next update! Keep up the great work!
kittykatloren chapter 2 . 3/27/2012
Tonks's lines were all PERFECT in this. ["Do you count it in full moons?" she asked suddenly, and flushed crimson as soon as she realized she'd said it. "I mean… Bloody hell, Remus, I'm sorry. I didn't mean that."] She is the type to just say what's on her mind, and only think about it afterward. And it's so true.

["But I can tell you're younger than you look."] D'awww. What a cute line. 3

I loved the bit about the gray hair at the end, how he's almost relieved to see it. Very nice!

MsTonksLupin chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
Very nice fic! Love your writing style from Lupin's POV. Very sweet meaningful ending.

If you want, take a look at my new RemusTonks fic

s/7939080/1/Of_pink_army_boots_and_elbow_patched_tweed

Thank you!
ThisLoveHasNoCeiling chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
Thank you so much for the dedication, especially because I adore this! :)

I love Remus' version of three words...well, I don't love them, but I love your spin on the classic idea. And it's perfectly suited to Remus, even if I wish he didn't feel like he has to push people away.

But I quite agree; the opposite of love is indifference, not hate, though they're both pretty horrible. And I really liked the contrast between people who hate Remus and people who don't get close enough to him to have any true feelings towards him; I can see how it would bother him more, almost, to not know where he stands.

The fantasy thing is heartbreaking but still quite believable; it makes sense for Remus to fear letting himself get carried away in happy thoughts when, as he says, he reality, "the Real world" is a place "where people died, and betrayal happened no matter how well you thought you knew someone".

The way he uses his words as a shield to prevent misunderstanding, and hurt, and not knowing where he stands...it's just brilliant the way you set the rest of it up to reach that conclusion. It makes his rejection of Tonks a lot more understandable!

Anyway, really love it so far! I can't wait for the next part!
kittykatloren chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
Yayyy :D

So like everyone else, I totally thought of another three words, but it wasn't them! You clever lady.

Poor Remus. The difference between hate and indifference is so stark for him. It's so sad to think that he says those words to Tonks, because since he knows how bad indifference is, he knows how much it'll hurt... but he does it anyway, it's better than the alternative. In his mind at least.

Eagerly awaiting more as always!