Reviews for Rise of the Snake
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 1 . 10/26/2012
This story is amazing.
mabidiso chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
Man did that ever sound dangerous. Iruka truly does have trust in these jounin comrades of his to allow them such access to his body and chakra and manipulate them this way. Unbelievably intimate. Dangerously sexy too. Powerfully descriptive.
Rhianona chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
Interesting concept, very well handled. I like the way you described everything and the insights into the characters you gave, even if it is all from Iruka's POV.
TJ Dragonblade chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
Hngh. Wow. This was worth the wait. I think you've done a very good job of piecing together your research with the Naruto world and your own speculation to present a believable amalgam. It really works; it's incredibly sensual. Thank you for sharing this, and thanks for dropping the note on the original kink-meme prompt because I probably wouldn't have found it otherwise. _ (Yes, I'm the anon who responded there)

Wanted to give extra kudos for what you did with Yamato here - he's my favorite, so he stands out, and I like your portrayal. Which is maybe a funny thing to focus on when we're seeing him through the eyes/perception of Iruka, who's barely familiar with him, but nonetheless. We see his sense of humor and his personality showing through, and I appreciate it. It's not always easy to find Yamato written in a way that feels right. So thanks. Kakashi telling him to stand there and look pretty, and the effect that Iruka observed it having on him - it was nice to have that included. Same for Iruka's perception midway through the gate-opening process that Yamato likes Kakashi on more than just a sexual level. The 'taste' of his chakra felt just right, too, and the final climb-and-release with Gai really resonated. Wonderful imagery, really.

I know, this was a very Iruka-centric fic and here I am carrying on about how well you did with Yamato. _; Please pardon my distinctly-biased focus. But your Iruka is very funny, also-his internal snark is hilarious-and feels more right to me than a lot of Iruka portrayals do. And Gai and Kakashi also feel just right, Flowery Springtime of Youth and all.

In short: I really enjoyed this. Kudos on a job well done, congrats on finishing it, and thanks for seeing it through to the end. _~ d (- Good-guy pose)
Anon chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
I really really liked this piece! I can't believe that you spent two years working on it! But it really shows with the effort that you put into it. Well done! I hope to read more from you soon!