Reviews for this is the price that has been paid in full
kylC chapter 22 . 7/3
okay holy shit this fic man. I've been tearing up at every single chapter (outright sobbing at some) and no other fic so far has done this to me. Holy shit. I can't even word anymore. I'm going to go lie down and recover for a bit. Holy shit.
Shorty the Great chapter 22 . 6/16
Seems I'm a little late to the party. This is stunning. These character pieces are beautifully done. You got them all down pat, with the right amount of humor and seriousness. Seeing this story is not marked as complete yet, is there still hope for more chapters? Maybe Robin & Luffy?
PandaGhost83 chapter 8 . 5/29
Loving the fic so far!
Sorry, but I just had to tell u; I'm pretty sure it's 'choux creams' not 'shu creams'.
Everlight18 chapter 20 . 5/9
"There is no hint of his stricken horror at the twisted humor of the world for burning a man whose older brother was literally fire." How did I not realize that horrible irony before now...

Great job once again. Actually all of them are incredible and I love them even as they break my heart.
Everlight18 chapter 17 . 5/9
Money isn't the only thing Nami treasures... It's good to see someone writing her like this, makes me like her much more. (Just realized that she's the only member of the crew who also has/had a sibling and that she understands Luffy's pain on a different level than the other do.) :)
Everlight18 chapter 16 . 5/9
It's one thing to say or think that you'll do something like that and another to actually "take the bullet" so to speak. Great chapter!
Everlight18 chapter 12 . 5/9
This is really, really good! Chopper has grown up so much over the past two years.

I think that there's a word missing in the first sentence. Shouldn't there be a 'the' between the phrase "during day"? If it was written that way intentionally then you can ignore this.
Everlight18 chapter 11 . 5/9
I think that my heart was just ripped in two... I really shouldn't be reading all of these in one go, but, oh my word, this is so good. Sorry for flooding your inbox...

"I'll be the death of you someday" I think I'll go curl up in the corner and cry my eyes out now. It's so bittersweet and Brook wants to comfort him that what happened to Ace will never happen to them but he can't, he won't because he doesn't want to make a promise he can't keep to his captain. Brook's response is perfect and it isn't what he wants to say, but it's still true (for all of them). To think of how many times they must have said that phrase as a joke and that Luffy very likely believes it now... Oh Luffy.

I have always loved the dynamic between Luffy and Brook and I think that they have a very special sort of relationship that is so rarely touched on. Brook understands Luffy in a way that no one else on the crew does and I love the way to told this story-even as it breaks my heart.
Everlight18 chapter 10 . 5/9
I'm crying now too. The trust that Zoro has in his crewmates is breathtaking and Usopp's realization of what that means for him is perfect.

These stories are addicting.
Everlight18 chapter 6 . 5/9
It's so good to see the friendship between these two (it's ridiculous hard to find). I don't think that I could breathe for most of this. It's really good and deep and heartbreaking. Oh Brook, Brook...
Everlight18 chapter 5 . 5/9
And Chopper has grown up in ways that Usopp (and I) probably never wanted him too. I don't know who I'm more heartbroken by, Chopper or Usopp. This is really good.
Everlight18 chapter 3 . 5/9
When it feels like nothing has changed, but it's never quite the same.

I really like how you write Sanji in this. It's really good.
Everlight18 chapter 1 . 5/9
Oh man, this hurts. That moment when you realize that even though everything seems the same, it's not and people have changed and you don't know how to fix it.

I'll have to admit that the first time I read this I didn't get it, but now I think I do. It's not so much about the potatoes or Luffy's skills in that area, but about how Luffy was forced to learn how to do it properly because Sanji wasn't there to do it for him. And that's what's killing him, he wasn't there to take care of his captain and now he's seeing the results. The pride for what Luffy can now do is overshadowed by the fact he had to learn how and Sanji wasn't there.

That last line just kills me. Oh, Sanji...

Love how subtle everything is, and how you talk between the lines, because at first glance everything seems okay, but really it's not at all. Your writing style is amazing!
Winter Anime Fan chapter 22 . 4/5
It's heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time.
protective-kitsune chapter 22 . 3/10
These were all so good! Your writing is amazing! The way you write everyone is so great!