Reviews for A Blind Purpose
AlsoKnownAsMatt chapter 11 . 1/7
This is an interesting story which I have just been catching up with. I like some of your characterizations a lot and the changes in the physicalities of the characters (Shepard small, Liara taller etc) are very interesting. I do question whether anyone no matter how bright could overcome the reaper advantage in technology even though your thought to let Cerberus distract itself with the Crucible is inspired. How one overcomes the advantage in capability, resources and offensive firepower that the Repars have without the kind of deus ex machine that the crucible represents is something your story has utterly not yet established or even potentially demonstrated. I will somewhat dubiously follow this story because you've got me curious but I feel that you've a long way to go to prove that your fundamental premise (legitimate though it is in engineering circles, illegitimate though it is in medicine), can lead to a workable solution. Thanks for your hard work on this. story.
Guest chapter 11 . 12/28/2014
Good to see Traynor backing off and loved the family bonding time (though in Liara's defense the records were there before she took over... Also something about turn about is fair play and all that jazz.)
Guest chapter 11 . 12/22/2014
YAY A UPDATE! I look forward to this so much! I hope EDI picked up on Udina's crap and managed to get some hacking done.
ChocolateTruffles chapter 10 . 1/30/2014
My goodness an update indeed! Please oh please keep writing this story! :) Nice to see the writing style etc. have been kept. I look forward to your take on the genophage cure but first, how will the gang rescue Shep and Mordin? Questions, questions that desperately need answering...soon! :) I look forward to the next update.
metaladdict chapter 10 . 1/29/2014
this series is awesome, I had kinda given up on this series being updated, I'm happy I was wrong :D
raw666 chapter 10 . 1/29/2014
Keep up the good work. Hope you keep up the story.
Guest chapter 9 . 8/12/2013
YAY YOU'RE BACK! Please say there's more! And wow so much to say with this chapter

The thoughts Shepard has about Liara not waiting is heartbreaking even though we know it wasn't like that.

I'm a little disappointed that the Rachni Queen had to die, but I understand the reasonings there. Someday... And I'm curious about what would happen then especially since if you didn't spare the original queen the first time they ended up sabotaging the war effort. I'm hoping some time with the mother had changed her from becoming that.

Silly Traynor, is this your way of volunteering to suit up with everyone else to get shot at or go toe to toe with a Phantom like Shepard did? As even Cortez has to manuver around bullets sometimes. Plus you could always try for Shiala or Lizbeth Baynham or maybe you were meant to bond with heh T'Suzsa. (I chuckled a bit at James's way of opening up a conversation with her.)

I like the interaction to get the genophage cure, but really Wrex why you can't wait for Shepard? And I'm with Wiks on this one, why are you making Liara's position as the Shadow Broker public?

And then you leave us with a cliffy :(
raw666 chapter 9 . 7/30/2013
Personally it was a nice chapter after a long delay except for one point.
What the hell happen to Sheppard? I mean the negociation is intersting but I more intersted to see what happen in the kidnapping and if they are going to save the day, no offense.
nycarts chapter 9 . 7/30/2013
Well, you already know my thoughts on the chapter ;)

Thanks so much for the shoutout! 'Bout time you got back on the horse and continued with this AMAZING fic. For realz.
Fyby chapter 8 . 6/9/2013
For the love of god, please resume updating this story, I'm begging ya. It's so awesome!
Guest chapter 8 . 8/31/2012
I'm actually surprised that Shepard lost against the Phantom. Most engineers (and adapts) handle Phantoms easily especially via combination of combat drone and overload... But then again, this isn't ME3 multiplayer.
Guest chapter 8 . 8/31/2012
YAY UPDATE!

Enjoyed the Shadow Broker scene. I like this explanation of why Shepard didn't say anything when the Yahg threatened her crew.

Martinez is interesting… sounds like she's either a spy for the good guys trying to fight indoctrination or she's one of the Reapers' indoctrinated planted within Cerberus ranks.

The Geth consensus is interesting as well, I like the little talk between Legion and Shepard about the past. And I really love your version of Legion. He sure put a lot of thought into all of this, he seems a lot more emphatic and personable here too (I'd say human but then I'd be an "anthropomorphic bag of ****" as Aethyta would say), having good timings on jokes and everything.

I'm curious on what your plans for the little plug is going to be as well. And I fell on the floor laughing so hard when Tali decided to name the Prime. That is awesome! Though what is she gonna call her drone now?

Now I'm curious about that talk. I do like the frustration Tali and Kasumi has with Shepard and I like that Shepard always did what she felt was right. Oh And you win some internet points for working in Paragon. LOL.

Even though I'm worried about Shepard (and Liara's reaction to what happened) I like the difference with Benning, and I'm curious on what Shepard did for Martinez- wait is this THAT Martinez? The sour idiot that yelled and snapped at Shepard in ME1?! Come on, at least you got someone to sent to solve your problems, how do you think Shepard feels having no one but the Normandy crew to help her solve the Saren problem -_-.

LOL Speculation of Legion and Tali's off-screen action. har har ;P
E.M.PRAETORIAN chapter 7 . 8/24/2012
I just had to stop to review this story when I realized how much I loved this chapter. Jack and Miranda alone would have made for great fuel but when I realized that Councillor Tevos was getting it on with Aria T'Loak and poor Sparatus walked in on it...OMG I have yet to stop laughing.

Boo the hamster and Ezra Kovac were both great touches of inspiration.

So far this story has kept me pinned to my laptop reading seven chapters instead of playing ME3 online today, thank you for the entertainment. I am totally enjoying your FemShep/Liara and your take on a hopefully better ending to the Reapers. Having gone Vanguard down the red and blue routes myself, I would love to see a world where Shepard doesn't have to make the sacrifice... yet again.

elder master
Theodur chapter 8 . 8/24/2012
Hmm. That was certainly original and unexpected way to solve the geth problem. I find myself wincing a bit at how much of a leap of faith your Shepard takes at times, but like Kasumi remarked about it, she's being uber-paragon. Still, it's miraculously working out, somehow... well, except for the whole getting into a trap there at the end. :P

The only thing I wasn't sure about for this chapter was the beginning with the Shadow Broker flashback. It seemed detached from the rest of the chapter, and didn't appear to serve any purpose. Unless I missed something.

Also! Needs more Shep/Liara scenes, either fluff or working together! You can't have a good Shep/Liara story without those, surely. :)

Other than those minor criticisms, I enjoyed the chapter. Good stuff!
Guest chapter 7 . 7/28/2012
Good Grief, there's *so* many things about this chapter that I love, just love to death.

Everything leading up to "I am yours." from Shepard

Boo! Boo and all of his Hamster thoughts! Love how he calls her *his* Human. And the adorableness of him giddy with his find of Shepard's Jacket! Liara, feed the poor little guy!

Yes! So much Yes on the Mind-Speak! Liara and Shepard should have this ability, but then again, it might cause Liara to worry too much and make Shepard even more distracted. At least they have the empathy link.

I like both the Turian and the Vangard. I like how Janus, even wounded, is ready to shoot.

And the Jack and Miranda banter had me in stitches. As did Sparatus's opinion on the Tevos/Aria scene. I'm so glad someone finally go their head out of the ground to try to bring the Councilors together to back Shepard up. And I snickered so much at his sudden change on Tevos, from serious to an eager "So, Aria, huh?"

Despite Sparatus, my favorite line is: "Who else would force me to perform acts of altruism on a regular basis?"

'cause yeah, it's nice that paragon!Shepard does have that effect on people.
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »