Reviews for You're My Dad
Elsie girl chapter 1 . 4/24/2013
very good. I enjoyed this! the pair's relationship is great to watch; this was a little angst-y and little mushy but without going out of the realm of believable. thank you for writing this.
Mary Rose chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
This is a very moving story.
Omilophile chapter 1 . 4/20/2012
Excellent job with this. Hope to see more Awake stories from you and others in the future.
imitateslife chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
Michael's character is very true to the series- excellent work there! Also, I as much as I love the Britten/Vega dynamic, as others have pointed out, Bird is his partner when Rex is alive. Maybe you could fix this? In any case, I'd love to see you play more with Vega and Britten in future stories.

I also enjoyed your Michael/Rex interactions. I think this is very in tune with how Michael would treat the situation. However, the ending seems a little too nicely packaged. Do you plan to write more, going into the details of Rex's recovery and his and Michael's parallel trajectories in therapy? That would be cool!

Anyways, aside from the partner mix up, a very strong and enjoyable piece! Please, write more!
Sandy chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
Great story. But isn't Vega in the wife's story and Bird in the one with the son?
Guest chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
Very nice.. I just got around to warching thirsday night's episode.. I wanted to check out some 'awake' fics but sadly, there are only 5? I might try my hand at a fic for the show just to possibly boost people's esteem.

Anyway, thanks for the fic... I like the idea of a more disturbed/emotional side to rex. Thanks!
Mo chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
Actually I do believe that Vega is Britten's partner in the reality where is wife is alive not his son. Just fyi. Other then that it was great! :)
raven-foxx chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
This is beyond brilliant. It's very well written, but you've got Britten's partners swapped, but other than that, this is flawless. I just love Michael's and Rex's bond. Well done 3
color my world bright chapter 1 . 3/28/2012
AHH! I loved it...one minor problem. Detective Vega is not Britten's partner in the green reality - Det. Freeman is. However, it was well written and very in character :) Look forward to more from you!

-A
JN Cory chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
I thought this was a well-written story. Michael's approach in the conversation seemed fitting.

However, you've got the partner incorrect. Bird Freeman is Michael's partner in the universe in which Rex is alive. (I've struggled with remembering that, too, until Bird and Rex shared that brief scene in the shack when Rex was rescued in the third episode.) At this point, the partnership between Michael and Vega doesn't seem conducive to having this type of conversation. However, I think the partnership between Michael and Bird does, so I think just changing the name would be a sufficient improvement.