Reviews for Ricochet
Pink chapter 1 . 4/17
I love this story
Ireland Scott of BROH chapter 15 . 4/13
Oh my gosh, i need new hobbies. Second thing tonight that has ripped my heart out. First the 100, now this? Lord help me. Stop killing me please.
Blitzstrahl chapter 7 . 4/9
He promised Sakura, to bring Sasuke back. Does she even care that much still?
sixfullmoons chapter 1 . 4/6
I didn’t think I would like this when I started and suddenly I’m halfway through the chapter and already addicted.
lindsey chapter 15 . 4/6
Loved it years ago. Love it more now. This story breaks my heart, and makes me smile, and is my favorite characterization of this fucked up team.
holy shit you're back! love this story please don't leave me again
Mary chapter 15 . 4/3
Sauske will forever break my heart while enraging me simultaneous. Sai just breaks my heart. Your version of Narutos parents are so perfect they hurt my heart, and your Sakura and Kakashi are everything I've ever wanted them to be.
Nobody Smurf chapter 15 . 4/1
I love Kushina. I really do. From a safe distance, of course. Minato is twice the man anyone gives him credit for, just for surviving her continued presence, let alone basking in it. Had she survived, she would have been the one to tell Sasuke that 'bitching' was the right response. And Mikoto would have died trying not to laugh.

Thank you.
Nobody Smurf chapter 14 . 4/1
Thing is, running is all Sasuke has really been doing. But no matter how fast or how far you run, you can never escape yourself.
So it has taken, what, a thousand years for Asura to finally get through to his brother? Older than ages, indeed.
Nobody Smurf chapter 13 . 4/1
That is a very Naruto way of dealing with problems. It isn't bright, logical, or in any way sane, but it still puts him head and shoulders above the rest, and isn't that a wonderful commentary on the shinobi world.
queenfirst chapter 1 . 3/30
This is so sad. How could u do this. I’m so sad rn.
Onmyoudou chapter 15 . 3/26
If there's one thing I can say is that reading this from start to finish in one go has been quite the experience, to say the least, although unlike apparently everybody else who read and reviewed this I'm not 100% head over heels in love with everything you've done so far.

Better to start with the not-so-good to get it out of the way: I've got 2 problems with the story, but before explaining them I'll admit that one of them is more about my personal taste; the first and most objective of the problems is how you've handled most of the comedy, mainly that most of the jokes are not only very, very, very, very much alike regardless of which character says them but are repeated constantly throughout the story, sometimes repeated several times in the same chapter, case and point Sasuke's so-called "manpain", sure it was funny enough the first couple of times, but after reading it for the eleventh time before getting even close to halfway into the current full chapter count? It lost it's charm by that point, and that's not the only case, ending the sentences where someone is doing a list with "or some shit", doing a simile that goes "XYZ character does a rather especific and exaggerated sound like XYZ animal", 3/4 of anything Sai related revolving around dicks, the point is that there's a fine line between a running gag and a cheap gimmick and frankly I think that for the majority of the story you've sided a bit too much towards the gimmick side, and that makes most of the characters seem blurred amongst themselves in this regard instead of having their own brand of humor, kind off what's happening with The MCU and Star Wars right now.

Thankfully most of these have been toned down considerably in the last chapters and I'm very aware that writing good humor with mass appeal is one of the hardest things to do, even more so one that's uniquely tailored for each individual character's personality and characterization.

Speaking of humor and characterization, I guess it's time to talk about my personal pet peeve with the story: Kushina's and Naruto's cartoonish, over-the-top, random and hypereccentric personalities. Again, I'm painfully aware that I could very well be alone in this but I still gotta say it; at first I did found them amusing but the issue is that almost every single line of dialogue that came from this two while they were in the genjutsu was nothing but zany one-liners one after the other at breakneck speeds, they quickly turned to cringed, eye-rolling moments, yes they're both Looney Toons level of curazy, we get it, but is that all they are? And if that's the case do we have to read them be raving lunatics 24/7? Talk about one-dimensional. The worst part though is that they were so fucking similar that if you didn't clarify who said what, I'll dare people to try and guess who is saying each phrase.

When the finally broke out of the illusion I was relieved that I wouldn't have to deal with line after line of that version of Naruto and his fake momma's brand of nut job humor, but it turns out that that's how your Naruto talks... Not gonna lie, my reaction was "wait, what? This is still going? Aw shit", at that point I couldn't help but identify with Sasuke about their annoyingly meddlesome, insane asses, and while in Naruto's end you've been much less humorous given all the drama, I'm honestly afraid of what shenanigans both of them will inevitably do while the genjutsu is fully functional.

Technically there's another problem, the fact that your murky timeline doesn't add up in a lot of ways, but given that you've recognized that problem more than once 'm not going to give you flack for it.

Now that the shitty part is done for it's time to talk about what I really enjoyed: Your characterization is so fucking amazing, especially Sakura's and Sasuke's, for the former you've given her so much depth, made her so layered and nuanced, so human in her insecurities and internal conflicts... Dayumn, just dayumn.

Regarding Sasuke, not only have you capture the core essence of his canon self (be a walking contradiction, flip-floppity behavior, massive tsun-tsun tendencies, brooding extraordinaire, the Uchiha trademark of delivering soul searing burns of the "My nigga you just got ROASTED YAOW!" level) but have given him your own flavor that actually managed to make his tragedy so palpable and real that makes him easily the most sympathetic character in the whole story, let's face it, that's not an easy thing to do.

The most impressive part is that I'm not a fan at all of these two, sure I don't hate their guts like most people do, doesn't change that I have preconceived notions about them that are not good, so the fact that you've made me like them this much is a statement of how well written this is.

I shouldn't leave Kakashi and Naruto out of it, while not a fan of their gimmicks (yes, the whole schtick of Kakashi's smile having a different meaning every single time is a gimmick) I do like everything else about them very much, the fact that Kakashi is a much more depressed individual and is actually self aware of how much he failed as a senses to Naruto and Sasuke is great; in Naruto's case when he isn't being obnoxiously random, he shows a level of insight and an emotional queficient that shows that while a not eloquent simpleton at heart, he is not dumb and understands far more than everyone gives him credit for.

In conclusion, while I do think that there are problems here, this story and you deserve all the praise coming your way, no doubt about it.

Before I forget, you had Sakura and Naruto tell Sai how he truly is a member of Team 7, so why not have at least one POV chapter for him? Just putting it out there.
LucidKren chapter 15 . 3/25
This was a fab interlude. Naruto's line to Madara was snort inducing. I like his thoughts on Tragedy Ninja.
Xcherokee chapter 15 . 3/22
I love your story so much I’ve been saying this for years now but god I love this story. Didn’t think it could still make me cry and laugh and still have all the emotions when o first started reading it a few years ago. But lord was I wrong. Yay Sasuke finally realized Sakura is beautiful and he’s back to help my baby naruto and everything is going to be okay hopefully. And Kushina and minato are great and it tears my heart apart that they’re not real and naruto is going to come out of this again heart broken.
Xcherokee chapter 13 . 3/22
I’m so proud of naruto I’m crying. I love him. He’s just a great human being you know and gosh I really love Naruto.
1,232 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »