Reviews for Watership Down Beyond The New World
Chipster-roo chapter 28 . 4/27
Overall, this was a good chapter.

The part on the plane was well written. It was nice to see Haywood kill Travis, although I doubt one man less will really make any difference, especially since the plane that will crash soon. I just hope it won't crash on Watership Down or Vleflain like McEwen's helicopter crashed on Sandleford.

Nice to see Sam actually made it to the future alive, I was sure she had been killed. But with that injury, the elil (as a side note, the singular form appears to be "ela", not "eli") and the weather, she may not make it very far. Stonecrop will probably be all right, assuming he isn't injured.

One thing I never really understood was why Bigwig insists on keeping Hawkbit in the owsla. Hawkbit is perhaps the most useless rabbit of the entire warren. But he was often used on missions in the TV series, so it's all right here.

Good job on the cliffhanger. I really can't wait for the next chapter!
RogueFanKC chapter 28 . 4/27
I actually had to smile for Major Haywood killing Travers. Score one for the dying major; if he had to go out, he went out taking out a bad guy. Although I have to question Traver's parachute falling out of the plane. I cannot help but think that is a red herring.

And I also get the feeling this isn't the last we've seen of Heywood's plane.

I'm a little worried for Stonecrop actually, although not as much as I am for Samantha, especially once the others find out her last name is Fields. Granted, I hope they eventually learn the truth that she wants to help and was sent for a reason, especially with Stonecrop needing to come into the future but she's going to be in for a rough time, and I wince at the explosion that is going to occur.

I enjoyed seeing the descriptions of the feast for Frith's Eve (although I'm surprised that some of the elil are edible) and I thought the bit about Josie and her waiting for her son in the guest bedroom was touching. You wrote her hope quite well; even if it's a small hope, she's hanging on to it because it's all she has. Although I get the feeling Jamie will be appearing soon...

Forget the elil; I'm more worried about Samantha being around hardened and escaped criminals (although the fact its winter may make it easier since they'll probably die due to the elements and exposure if not the larger animals looking for prey) who are now in the future. Here's hoping they can defend the Honeycomb with that many antagonists. I also had to smile at the title "Lord Brock's Wood".

Continue soon! And my sympathies for the writer's block; it's never enjoyable.
Ruby chapter 28 . 4/18
Chipster-roo chapter 27 . 1/27
Nice to see familiar characters again.

I somehow expected Hyzenthlay working for equal rights for bucks and does. I originally thought it would have appeared at the end of the original story, but it didn't, so I just forgot about it.

Well, I guess it was too good to be true for Bluebell to be back to normal after such an experimental surgery.

I'm a little surprised at Alan wanting to find those crypts of civilisation, as I never thought he wanted to rebuild human civilisation, or he would have brought more people. I don't think he will be able to find them any time soon, considering the approaching danger and the lack of any method of transportation for long distances.

However, there are a few small mistakes: "only the lagomorphs shared their human intelligence" What about Hannah? She seemed to have human-level intelligence too. Also, "Josh had finally determined that his new heart". Do you mean Josie?

So far, this has been a really great story, and I can't wait for the next chapter. Please update soon!
Chipster-roo chapter 26 . 1/26
An intense chapter.

I was rather surprised to see that Mike McEwen knew where Sam was going, considering he didn't believe those rumours about time travelling.

The plane scene was well written. Thanks for not making it too gory.

I am really wondering who will make it to the future. Sam doesn't seem to have much of a chance after the glider accident, leaving only Stonecrop, but I don't see how he could make it very far alone...but then Drake believes that they will be all right. I guess I'll see in the next chapter.
Chipster-roo chapter 25 . 1/25
I really don't know if Sam will accept that job to deliver a message in the future. But then, having made it that far, I don't think she could refuse...

And now Shartok wants to send a plane full of convicts to destroy the future. That's an interesting idea. But with Robbins and Woundwort dead, Crowley may have a bit of trouble.

I agree that it's a better idea to leave Jamie and all the others in the future. He would have no reason to go back to the past without having found his father, that's why he left to begin with...
Chipster-roo chapter 24 . 1/23
What luck that, of all police officers, it was Santon who caught Sam in the apartment. I don't know how she will react when she learns that her brother is a psychopathic terrorist, but it's probably going to be a deep blow for her.

And now someone trying to open the time warp again. Maybe Drake is going to have Sam send that message mentioned Tales from the New World? Or maybe it is Red Hand who wants to go to war with the new world? Anyway, I don't know about having the space shuttle being used. Haven't better space vehicles been built during the war?
Chipster-roo chapter 23 . 1/22
I thought you said it was in 2017 at the end of the last chapter? It is written 2016 at the beginning of this one.

Judging by the name, Sam is probably Robbins' sister? And that the violent break-in was made by Robbins himself?

Wow. Stonecrop was totally unexpected. I never would have thought Shartok could have managed to rebuild the species using the information and DNA he got from Hazel and Hawkbit. Anyway, it's nice to see Sam rescued him.

So that's what happened to the copy of the book! Surprising to see that it is still readable after the explosion. Maybe she will get the crazy idea of trying to make it through the warp? Also I found it very funny when it was written that "maybe it's just some geek fan's material for a good fanfic".
Chipster-roo chapter 22 . 1/21
Robbins is really physically strong! How many things he survived in the past few chapters!

Good job on having Jamie and company rescue Coltsfoot. He doesn't seem to be evil like Woundwort.

It was nice to see Celandine rescuing all the others, and the fact that she won't have any permanent scars from her Myxomatosis. I found interesting when HAL was called the "ithé ghost"

It was a little sad to have Jamie hear his father's voice again, since they will never meet again, as he will sacrifice himself to defeat the Efrafans...Since they are going towards the coast, maybe they will meet the survivors of flight 571?

Overall, this was a very good first part to this story, and I am really anxious to see what the second part will bring.
Chipster-roo chapter 21 . 1/19
A well written chapter.

I really loved seeing the demise of Robbins. Destroyed by his own foolish mistake. Although I doubt he will die in the flood...that would be a major change from the original.

I wonder how Woundwort and everyone else will make it out of the HAB, without any human helping them with the rope.

I have the feeling Celandine will be the one who will save all the others. If they are still alive after the flood...

I'm afraid there is a small mistake: in their joy of seeing Robbins go down, Jamie's group hadn't noticed. What hadn't they noticed?
Chipster-roo chapter 20 . 1/18
Nildrohein killed by Robbins? That was very unexpected; I thought she had been killed by a hawk in Efrafa? Anyway, it was very brutal, but well written.

It's nice to see that the 700-year-old vaccine worked...

That fire was a very ingenious idea. I found it very funny when Jamie said: "we're also wasting good clothes that could have otherwise been donated to charity". As if there was a charity they could donate them to.

Vervain seems to be slowly falling apart. Hopefully his demise will arrive soon. And it's also nice to see Robbins struggling to remain on good terms with Woundwort. At least he won't make it back to the 21st century and won't get the kittens.
Chipster-roo chapter 19 . 1/17
A really good chapter.

There was a lot of suspense. I was sure that Jamie was going to be killed and Kenny become the new leader.

Campion's betrayal came as a surprise. I didn't expect that to happen so soon, but at least it helped the others escape.

I really wonder what Robbins has in mind at the end, but it can't be good.
Chipster-roo chapter 18 . 1/16
Celandine's illness is probably the white blindness, and all the others are being exposed! I don't know how far they will make it...

The parachute scene was well written and looked very realistic.

"I don't know about you guys, but I don't want to go to this Efrafa place". What an understatement!

So it is the white blindness. Maybe Jamie will be able to find some old vaccines in the HAB and prevent all the others from being infected, but would 700 year old vaccines work?

And Hannah! That was so unexpected! I was sure she was dead when she didn't come back by the end of the chapter where she "died".
Chipster-roo chapter 17 . 1/15
More deaths! That was somewhat unexpected, as I thought you killed off everyone that was going to die for a while, in the last chapter.

I didn't have any hopes that Ash and Nightshade's trip would bring anything, but the Efrafans are really savage! I thought they would take them as prisoners for questioning, but instead, they kill them in a brutal way!

I like the idea of having Jamie and company meed Acorn and Speedwell. They need more rabbits, and this won't cause any continuity errors as they will both end up dead anyway...

I really wonder what Speedwell's plan is...looks like there will be a lot of action in the next chapter!
Chipster-roo chapter 16 . 1/14
That was an intense chapter. You killed so many characters in such a short amount of time, and I don't know how many will survive that waterfall...

Good job using that dingy for the escape. It really reminds me of the escape from Efrafa in the book.

I'm really getting curious as to what Jamie and company will find at Redstone...if they aren't killed by the Efrafans on Watership Down.

On to the next chapter.