Reviews for Intermittence
Matt561 chapter 1 . 11/9/2014
That was very good, thank you.
Ziodyne967 chapter 1 . 2/15/2014
Damn you covered the entire series! Now if only you could 'ruin' the last moment with Shepherd walking in on them! XD
NeverEverFaceTheDark chapter 1 . 10/28/2012
love it. But wasn't Shepard supposed to walk in on them at the end? I would have liked to see that happen in this fic, it would have ended it on a funny note. hehe. Tis a good slow progression of their relationship i feel like. although the jump between not quite hostile to friendship seemed bigger than the others to me(?) I feel like the characterisation was very well done and their interaction (plus internal background) was great.
anon chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
How nice is this story. Congratulations :)
lavalamp49 chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
Great story. You added so much detail to what seemed like tiny insignificant interactions in the game. Garrus and Tali were two of the best characters (maybe along with Wrex and Mordin) in the series and it really makes sense in the game that they would get together if you romance neither of them. Awesome
TheNightmirage chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
This is so lovely! You played with the build-up over the years quite nicely. I adore this pairing, and this is the first legitimately well-written fic I have seen about them. Nicely done!
Lucifer's Garden chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
Oh god WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY EMOTIONS? *dying from all the greatness*
Project Phoenix Agent 003 chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
Man, I thought I was the only one who loved this couple. Great work. Truly great work here. It was so natural, the characters were spot on and in character, the pacing was great. There were no cliches, no groan-inducing lines that kill the mood. And the final segment, I have to admit there's something about awkward romantic Garrus that I love seeing and reading.

P. S.

Sorry for the anon review. Too lazy to log in.
Mesataki chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
My impressions of the story are favorable. The beginning is a little iffy. I could do without the first sentence as I'm not quite sure what it adds to the story. The next paragraph has it summed up quite well.

The transitions don't seem like much trouble, though the first tentative foray into their relationship seems a bit spontaneous, granted you did try to write in the game's script. I would encourage a little deviation, if only to add in the flavor of your interpretation of the character. As the relationships began to develop, the humor and light-heartedness became sort of the selling point. It was these moments where I smiled (I have tendency to read with a grave expression unless the humor strikes me particularly). There were tender moments, yes, but I feel as if more could've been done with them. There seems to be an overt lack of intimacy - I don't recall them delving into particularly personal matters other than the general state of things - and more emphasis has been placed on camaraderie rather than deep understanding.

Call me a Shepard lover, but I felt that the good ol' commander could've played a bigger role. I understand that this story was strictly Tali/Garrus, but I felt like the commander may have had some influence over their relationship, or at least more than what was observed in the story. That bit about "[Tali, Garrus], and Shepard" getting things done is especially striking in terms of closeness. And if not Shepard, I thought someone else could serve as a mediator or advisor in the relationship (as our dextro squaddies are not particularly suave) - if not, at least, provide a starting point for the rumors mentioned at the beginning.

I found the end quite enjoyable to read, if not somewhat morose concerning the impending D-Day of the Reaper war. They were in-character (and if they were not, the discrepancies were not quite as a jarring if I can't even recall it), and they were amusing in the cutesy way of fluff. Some may argue for more passion, but I've come to see the story as an explanation for how the romance was possible rather than a visceral dissection of love.

All in all, a good story, and you've more than enough merit to be proud of it. Of course, I'm somewhat obligated to say this seeing as I gave you the idea - but whatevs. You did good, and that's all that matters.
ChiChi-O chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
I personally really love this couple, I think they're cute together and it's nice to see two companions in a a relationship that doesn't revolve around the mc. So anyway thought this fic was really cute and you did the characters and their blooming relationship real justice. Loved your writing and hope to read more from you:)
Dragon Kin Roan chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
Bravo! Bravo!

To you my friend I give heavy commendations. Bot only did you write a superb build up over course of time lapse but you did so while keeping them completely in I do so mean completely.

I will read this over and over many times to come. Look forward to hearing more from you!

And I agree... Transitions are hard XD

Roan - Out!
goose2989 chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
That was a nice read; great job! I hope to see you add another chapter for the our two favorite dextro squadmates, and what happens after defeating the Reapers. Oh, and if you would ignore that so-called "ending" Bioware crafted, all the better
Amathya chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
Great job with this! I really loved that Garrus and Tali were together (as you say, under the right conditions); actually, it was something I wanted to see or had thought about for quite some time, so I'm glad Bioware did it. Fans are silly when they get their knickers in a twist about these sorts of things; after all, it is a story, and not all the characters will do what we want. Of course, when we play Shepard, we feel as though we're directing the story, but we're really just the participants :) And I agree, I really liked seeing other relationships develop, as it adds more scope to the game.

Back to your story, I liked the way you wove in each game and developed the relationship, here. Your characterizations were strong and their voices definitely made me think of Tali and Garrus, especially with the humour. Again, great job and thanks for sharing!
Gfzgfx chapter 1 . 3/28/2012
This was great. I'd love to see more exploration of the Tali-Garrus dynamic as they really don't get enough love around here. Keep up the good work.
galanthusMist chapter 1 . 3/28/2012
The subtle ending was rather perfect for the hidden story between them. Thanks for writing