Reviews for A Death Deferred
DarkPuff chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
A shining representation of imagery done right! By the end of the first line I was absorbed. Each stage grows darker and more dangerous, infused with more meaning, yet not without compassion. It has served to enhance my empathy for this character. Can't wait to read more from this author!
Exceeds Expectations chapter 1 . 3/28/2012
"In the space between the beat that is and the beat that never will be, his heart falls silent."

That line is just beautifully written. The whole thing is lovely, but this line just echoed around my head while I read the rest of the fic. It's just so...human. You've made Voldy seem normal.

The idea of him searching for his mother almost makes me feel sorry for him. (Almost.) He's like a lost, little boy. An evil, murdering, power-hungry, lost, little boy.

The ending is strangely uplifting, yet creepy. Creepy because, well, he's Voldemort. Uplifting because Voldy was human too, and he's free from his greatest fears.

Good job, et-tu-lj!
Iawen Londea chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
Very well written, with great images and word choices. Writing Voldemort's experience after the Killing Curse rebounded on him would be hard but you made it look easy. I liked the tone of this. At first I wondered if Voldemort was in hell, but then I realized that this was after killing James and Lily.
notwolf chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
This fic intrigued me, yet I am still not sure of what is happening. Voldy-I believe it is him, right? He has been killed, but it almost seems like he has gone to heaven, then is pulled into hell...like he keeps moving between the two. I really wanted him to get to hold his mom and see what real love was.