Reviews for How hard was that?
EvaKAlways chapter 1 . 1/28/2014
This is definitely how it should have happened, it would have saved us all from a year of angst and heartbreak!

I love how Castle sent the flowers from Alexander so Josh wouldn't know (by the way thanks for getting him out of the picture, about time is all I can say!) and we all know that Beckett would have known immediately who they were from.

Well done on addressing the fact that Beckett's makeup was perfect, which looked totally out of place considering what she had just been through... nice touch that is was the nurse who had done it for her, as you can just imagine Beckett asking (especially if she knew Castle was on his way).

I can so imagine Castle not believing her "I love you", stammering and then of course assuming that she didn't mean it in the way that he did! Great way of clearing it up though.

Amazing one shot of the way things should have gone. Another wrong has been corrected (if only in the fictional world of Caskett fandom!).
Adele Heels chapter 1 . 5/8/2013
Amazing story!
firtree chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
nicely done! I loved the little tongue-in-cheek references to the actual episode ;)
Rennich chapter 1 . 4/27/2012
Loving it...
Caskettlove22 chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
This is a perfect fic! I love your way of getting them together, and how there weren't any secrets to begin with. I cracked up when I read how pissed Josh got and laughed even harder when I read that Castle had sent roses and Josh had thrown them in his face. Why can't you take over Castle? That way we wouldn't have to deal with all this angst. Once agaon this was an amazing fic. Thanks for sharing it!
Lord of Kavaka chapter 1 . 4/7/2012
I know, right? That wasn't really that hard. And I can totally see the show still working when they finally hook up. No more angst over will they, won't they... I imagine them having the same banter and playfulness as they had in Season 1 and 2 (minus the finale). Those were lighter seasons and what made CASTLE such a fun show.
LittleLizzieZentara chapter 1 . 3/28/2012
Yep, I'm on a library computer so I can actually leave you a review on this site. So here it goes...

Did she ask for him in the show? I don't remember. But I love that she did in your story.

He signed the cards 'Alexander?' I LOVE it!

Alexander's flowers were better than his? LOL

"It was the thought that counts. Except he put no thought into this.' I can't help giggling at that.

He was the get-well gift? Oh, brother. He really might think like that.

Even worried about Kate, he still has to check to make sure he looks good. (Shaking head and slightly smiling) He so would do that.

LOL It took the e-mail you sent for me to figure that one out-the nurse that did her eyeliner.

I love the way Castle ignores Josh's response and stays because Kate wants him to.

You really made Josh into an arrogant idiot in this. I like it.

Yeah, Josh can't control his emotions nearly as well as Castle.

Their conversation about the flowers made me smile. I'm glad the flowers were so uplifting to Kate.

The florist sent long-stemmed roses from Castle? I'm not surprised at Josh's reaction. Although I like that Kate wasn't too happy that Josh acted like that.

'A nice tackle.' I bet if she had felt more light-hearted towards him at that point in the episode, she would have said that.

With the 'in case you haven't figured it out' I think you lost their 'voices.' I like what they said, it just didn't sound like them a whole lot. It felt a little rushed.

But the parts I liked from that last section:

*the way Castle stammered after Kate told him she loved him.

*do you mean like a brother; yeah, he might tease her like that. Or was he really wondering...?

*Lois and Clark-LOL I'm trying to remember when Lois said she loved Clark like a brother. The season 1 finale, maybe?

*'Well, I had to do something while you were slacking off'-this part sounds a little more like Castle.

*Okay, with the 'I still have a lot to work through' it sounds like them again.

Awww, he just wants to be with her. That's so sweet. And so true to his character. I think he would have reacted like this if she had had the courage to admit her issues a whole lot sooner. I felt cheated in the show, that she avoided him for 3-4 months. Not as cheated as Castle, but you know...

Ummm, I can't imagine Kate saying, "Now it's official.' But the idea of it having it so clearly spelled out for the shhippers is awesome.
WhoKnows1125 chapter 1 . 3/27/2012

I love it and you wrote it beautifully. Then we could have focused on cases and stuff in the show...

Someday, maybe?
Krist0526 chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
not hard at all, dammit!

I wish it all had gone this way.. and also I don't. They would have been together much earlier.. which I was so waiting to see, but well, they are still not. But then we wouldn't have all these secret looks and smiles and so on.. also no drama because there would be no such vital secret.. I like angst, but not when it is too much.. I just need them to talk it it like now!

great one shot!
castlebeckett siempre chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
I like much chapter, impressive
Louey7 chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
This was awesome! I could totally see them going off about flowers before getting more serious. And that would have been super easy for them in that episode

Also thanks for castle and Beckett not liking josh :)
Rick13 chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
I like it, it's really good
Angels-heart1 chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
Very nice.
addicted2broadway89 chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
loved it. should've happened in the show.
phnxgrl chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
I love it! I loved the comment on AM being a Man trying to complicate everything.