Reviews for We Two Alone
annj chapter 20 . 7/21
Really liked it. A lot. Very in character, plausible plot and exciting.
Farbeyondthegrave chapter 20 . 7/11
This is such a great story holy shit. Love it
Swiss Army Knife chapter 20 . 4/30
Whoo, what a ride. I didn't expect to read this story all in one day, but after I got into the meat of things, it was difficult to let go. Honestly, I've been getting myself into a real funk, frustrated already with the new film coming out in the summer and my dissatisfaction with the way that Doctor McCoy's character in particular has been treated. It seems a real disservice to all that these characters have been (in the original series) and all that they could be. Your story did me a world of good, seeing how you took both Kirk and McCoy and made them completely in character for the new version while still retaining the core that made me love them so much originally.

Things that stood out to me particularly: the little details, like the hot bunking and the medical realism; Frederick's death, which was awful, especially from Bone's perspective just holding onto him while he died; the survivalist nature of the story, including the bug catching; the recapture scene on the dock and that desperate dialogue; the resolution, which Bones and Jim rooming together, and Jim restored to the command program.

If there was any dissatisfaction on my part, it's that I always feel like Bones gets underestimated. I keep seeing him with Khan's knife to his throat, calmly offering advice about where the arteries are, and him walking up to a hysterical man with a gun and gently taking it from his hand. That said, your Jim is completely satisfying. You do a great job balancing his vulnerability, nerve, ingenuity, and courage.

Thank you very much for the story. It was a wonderful read.
Iamnotsignedin chapter 20 . 3/5
HEADCANON ACCEPTED.
Hooooly moly, this is fantastic, truly an epic like no other. Ahh, I can't believe I just read that all in one sitting. But worth it, so worth it.
McCoy and Kirk were perfectly in character and I've never seen McCoy in a fic that disliked Jim from the start (usually that's a Spock thing) but with how you set it up it makes so, so much sense.
I'm still reeling from how amazing that was-
AhhhhH-
And, I admit, Pike putting that much faith in Jim in the movie was kind of unrealistic, it threw me for a loop as I watched it, too. But if you've got something like this backing that decision...then I can definitely see where he's coming from.
Alright, I think I'm done gushing.

Introverted-Verses (my actual account)
TOSoldtimer chapter 19 . 2/26
Great story. I loved the wilderness escape. Urine and pseudo scorpions. Yuck! And I've walked out of the woods (not far, thank heaven) on a broken leg. I know how bad that is. I spent the next month in a cast. You did a terrific job. Thanks.
ADayWithNoLaughterIsADayWasted chapter 20 . 2/9
I absolutely love everything about this. You're an extraordinary writer, great job.
DalekQueen7 chapter 20 . 12/23/2015
It does indeed make perfect sense now. :) In my headcanon, Kirk was just an exceptional cadet and Pike put him in command because of that and convenience, but this works too.
That's kind of funny about writing your injury into the story. When I'm injured or stressed I tend to project that into my characters as well. It's therapeutic.
Wonderful story! There aren't many good academy-era stories that aren't romances, so this one was a breath of fresh air. You did a good job keeping up with the canon characters as well as the OC's and keeping the whole thing going at a good pace. Sometimes stories tend to stall near the middle and float around in irritating repetition, and your did not do that, which is good. Kudos to your writing. :)
Serendipity989 chapter 20 . 10/29/2015
I remember watching bear grylls a few years ago and I thought of that show when they were discussing survival plans xD I really like this story, Tarsus IV is one of my favorite themes for Star Trek fics so thnx :D Also, its pretty cool you wrote this just to fill in a plot hole. This would be perfect for canon. :D
Thousandsmiles chapter 20 . 9/26/2015
Lol. This was great. I enjoyed it. Last night I watched Bear Grylls drink his own pee and and yuck! Seriously I was grossed out. Then I met it in this story and I was like :aww man! *shudders* but it was a great fic!
nili-roshan chapter 20 . 7/24/2015
Omg, I LOVED this fic! The medical details were a great touch!
Thank you for writing and posting this. I'm genuinely sad it's over!
tanseynz chapter 20 . 7/14/2015
A really neat story, and you connected everything so brilliantly. I really liked the descriptors - the dirt & smells gave the reader a real sense of what they were going through which many novels tend to skip. And the rollercoaster when they got into the city, and Bones's dilemma and the reasons behind it gave a real cliffhanger effect. All that's left to wonder is what happened to the others the Orions took.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/20/2015
Wow! This is pretty good so far! I love how you used dan corrigan from The Vulcan Academy Murderer!
ian.yatalese chapter 20 . 5/24/2015
Amazing. Best multi-chapter ST!reboot fic I've ever read. And I've read hundreds.

This was perfect.
Sian chapter 20 . 3/29/2015
I read this story a long time ago, back when you first posted it. It remains, to this day, my favourite Star Trek fanfiction. You capture the characters and their relationships so well. I really hope that one day you write another Star Trek fanfiction- because I will be reading it!

Thanks!
Minion79 chapter 20 . 3/27/2015
Thank you so much for writing such an excellent story. I only just found this but so glad I did. It's rare to find such good writing and such a bonus that it was finished as well! Loved reading it and just spent my whole Friday reading!