Reviews for We Two Alone
TheRedScreech chapter 20 . 5/15
I just ripped through this entire thing and holy cow it was amazing! The imagery was astounding! The dialogue and action concrete and compact! The nitty-gritty details like drinking urine (I almost gagged; your descriptions were that good!), eating the scorpions, the water, the emotions - it was all incredible. You're an amazing writer!

I now consider this canon. This happened and no one can tell me otherwise. :D
Anonymous chapter 20 . 1/31
This was absolutely brilliant. I can't wait to read anything else you've written. Keep up the great work! Love you!
Fetherhd chapter 20 . 1/28
Absolutely AWESOME story.
Regina shall be chapter 6 . 11/23/2016
Fic is fantastic.
I'm just at chapter 6 so i'll comment more latter.
And we didn't see him, but there is mention of 'the Mudd Incident' in Into Darkness when they need a not-Starfleet ship.
(From comics, it was... Mudd's daughter's ship?)
Ruthie Romanis chapter 20 . 11/8/2016
This story is spectacular! Really well written, and with a great story. I loved that's it's different from other docs I've read, and that it fills that plot hole. Will definitely read it again!
LyraLollygagger chapter 20 . 10/25/2016
I read this story a few weeks ago, but I just wanted you to know that I'm adding it to my favorites because this story was such an amazing read that I had trouble putting it down. I love all the twists in the story and everything was thought out so well! This story is definitely on my list of top favorites. :-)
panni2 chapter 20 . 9/25/2016
That was a brilliant story! I enjoyed every word if it :) Thank you so much for the ride!.
Ultimate Survivo chapter 20 . 9/23/2016
This was amazing! You've done an amazing job and I loved everything!
FrankieHS chapter 20 . 9/21/2016
Awesome story! I loved your charcterization of Kirk and McCoy. Really did set them up for Narada. Thanks for a great read!
Nerdy Ninja in Training chapter 20 . 9/13/2016
Lately I've been having trouble finding a fic that I wanted to read and felt good reading and finding this story with just platonic stuff in it and the adventure and the things Bones and Jim went through together was amazing. All the medical stuff, Starfleet information, the stuff with explosives at the camp all made it seem so incredibly real. This story was the perfect thing to dive into and I've spent the better part of my night/morning reading it cause it was just so well done. It was an amazing story and I enjoyed it so much! The plot line, what they went through, how you wrote the characters was just so utterly fantastic i'm in awe
Lara Valie chapter 20 . 8/15/2016
dear shoreleave.
it was a real pleasure to read your story! wow!...
It was thrilling! I had so much fun reading it.
and while I was reading, I had always in the back of my mind, "yeah, sounds like bear grylls,..., ouch the description of the broken ankle sounds so real".
and after reading the epilogue and your last words of your own happenings,... I had to laugh sooooo loudly!thank you so much! this is really the best explanation, why pike took kirk as his first officer! nice!
anko chapter 20 . 7/26/2016
This was the best story ever! I enjoy reading it so much!
annj chapter 20 . 7/21/2016
Really liked it. A lot. Very in character, plausible plot and exciting.
Farbeyondthegrave chapter 20 . 7/11/2016
This is such a great story holy shit. Love it
Swiss Army Knife chapter 20 . 4/30/2016
Whoo, what a ride. I didn't expect to read this story all in one day, but after I got into the meat of things, it was difficult to let go. Honestly, I've been getting myself into a real funk, frustrated already with the new film coming out in the summer and my dissatisfaction with the way that Doctor McCoy's character in particular has been treated. It seems a real disservice to all that these characters have been (in the original series) and all that they could be. Your story did me a world of good, seeing how you took both Kirk and McCoy and made them completely in character for the new version while still retaining the core that made me love them so much originally.

Things that stood out to me particularly: the little details, like the hot bunking and the medical realism; Frederick's death, which was awful, especially from Bone's perspective just holding onto him while he died; the survivalist nature of the story, including the bug catching; the recapture scene on the dock and that desperate dialogue; the resolution, which Bones and Jim rooming together, and Jim restored to the command program.

If there was any dissatisfaction on my part, it's that I always feel like Bones gets underestimated. I keep seeing him with Khan's knife to his throat, calmly offering advice about where the arteries are, and him walking up to a hysterical man with a gun and gently taking it from his hand. That said, your Jim is completely satisfying. You do a great job balancing his vulnerability, nerve, ingenuity, and courage.

Thank you very much for the story. It was a wonderful read.