Reviews for Mother
twolostsouls25 chapter 1 . 3/20
:) This was cute.
Since you've got those great Stones references for titles in Sympathy for the Devil and Ruby Tuesday, something in my mind went straight to Pink Floyd's 'Mother' when I read this title, even though the lyrics to that song have hardly anything to do with the premise of the story. Heheh.
Is it weird to say that I immediately thought of Jesus Christ Superstar when I saw the title for your other fic, 'Gethsemane'? Possibly just coincidence on both counts, but you made my inner music enthusiast quite satisfied
Haven't read it yet, but I kinda smiled when I saw the title.
rmpcmfan chapter 1 . 2/25/2014
Being a mother, I found this hard to read, emotional but a mother would do anything for her child.
jehabib1 chapter 1 . 12/20/2012
After Emily left she returned to Lily's parents' Facebook page, and picked out a still of the little girl wearing an apron with chocolate smeared on it. She sent it to one of the photo printers, and went to collect it. On returning to her office, Garcia put the printed photo into a frame, and set it beside the photos of Jack and Henry.

Well, that's depressing as shit...she can never be there for her like she is for Jack and Henry...
ditzie-blonde chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
I had tears in my eyes by the end of this! I'm glad that Emily acknowledged Lily and told the time. The story was really well written and it's very honourable of Emily to insist that Lily stays hidden and for putting her child's needs first, although it's great that Emily can see glimpses into her child't life thanks to Garcia. I imagine finding out that you are the child of a spy and an international terrorist would definitely screw with you, even as an adult.
Crowded Angels chapter 1 . 3/30/2012
I declare this to be canon. Nice insertion of the dream too.

fantastic piece.
Crowded Angels chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
I declare this to be canon. Nice insertion of the dream too.

fantastic piece.
FashionableRaid chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
omg so sad~!
radioactive460 chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
Wow, this was so beautifully written and it sparked so many emotions in me. I was so heartbroken for Emily and the sacrifice she made for her daughter's safety; everything she gave up, every moment she missed and will continue to miss just gutted me. This is the epitome of strength, to do something you know is right, even when it kills you to do so.

Thank you for keeping Emily strong in her conviction that Lily should stay with her adopted family. I think this is true to her character as I cannot see Emily being that selfish after her original selfless act. As an adoptee myself, I cannot begin to imagine what it would have been like if my biological mother showed up out of the blue when I was a child.

It's funny this story was posted today because it is actually my birthday, and it's made me reflect on my own biological mother and her decision to give me up on this day, several untold years ago, to a loving couple who have loved and supported me in everything I do. For that I will be forever grateful to her. And I thank you for this unexpected birthday gift!
LOVESxPAGET chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
Awww that's so sweet of morgan to say that :') I'm sure Garcia will convince Emily to get lily back :) can't wait for the next chapter :)

UPDATE SOON :) 3
fictionlove101 chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
OH MY... You had me in tears!

I hope you will do more with this. Maybe (just a suggestion) Emily could get Lilly some how. I don't know but I would love to read more!
sarahb2007 chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
Ok I'm totally crying right now... Great start to this story. Have you thought of doing a sequel for closer? I hope you do decide to keep writing Ian/Emily because you're amazing at it! Update soon please