Reviews for Damaged Goods
darylas chapter 1 . 8/26/2017
Wow. This is the best Mary/Matthew work I've ever read. I absolutely love angsty/angry Matthew!
MsMenna chapter 1 . 4/29/2014
I just discovered this beautiful story. Very late to the Downton party . I wish this were a. Scene in the series. Loved it!
13dramaqueen13 chapter 1 . 2/22/2014
This was lovely :) You captured the characters so well, and the writing was really beautiful.
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 1 . 8/16/2013
Again, perfect. Bravo! Fits into canon and feels exactly like the characters. It would be so like Matthew to vent his frustration suddenly and in a self-inflicting fashion. Mary's reaction feels so like her too.
luvgoround chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
This was so well written captured that whole fear of Mary's. Matthew was so perfect in this, in his usual self w fire and passion and tenderness and complete love for Mary. That is what love is - unconditional - loving each other - because none of us are perfect.
princesstaranee chapter 1 . 8/29/2012
Oh, so adorable! I quite imagine them as great-grandparents, being laughed at by more modern, 'cool' great-grandchildren, without any thought for what they went through or how good they are together. They seem so real to me, especially in this fic.
A fan chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
Awwww, that was amazing! :) Really sweet...
HideSeekKeep chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
This was a gorgeous take on what might happen should Mary's story get published. Mary's low opinion of herself broke my heart, but I'm so glad that Matthew's devotion and reassurance of his love made everything better. Great work!
candyluvsu chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
WOW! You are amazing! This story was incredible! :)
pamylz chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
Ahh! I love the emotions the writing the passion (why can't I italicize in reviews) and I especially love how this captures the deep essence of their feelings towards each other, Matthew's in particular. Glorious writing!

April
Chickwriter chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
OMG MATTHEW PUNCHING A WALL. YES YES YES THIS.

You write a brilliant Matthew, and his anger is so very real in this, so very understandable and every word he speaks, especially to Mary.. I can hear it so very clearly in his voice. Even "bollocks." :D

(Side note: Have strange idea that best auction item I can think of is Dan Stevens reading one of your fics on CD. Seriously, I would pay so much money for this, for any charity. Thud.)

Back to review. His outrage at her belief? Amazing. Sheer heaven. Perfect. And that it follows the "lived your life, lived mine" idea? *THUD.

On top of everything else, this feels.. effortless... in the best way possible. Can't wait for your next effort!
Ultrahotpink chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
I love over protective Matthew! He's just so honorable and lovely! I admit that I wanted him to punch those assholes, but I sort of love him for not at the same time. I love the connection you've depicted between Matthew and Mary. Their mutual pain is so real. Wonderful fic!
OnlyALouse chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
Oh! How beautiful! I loved it!

Thought your characterisation was absolutely fantastic and so very very realistic - I honestly don't know how you do it so well!

I particularly liked the part where Matthew sticks up for Mary in front of his colleagues but gets ever so angry - so very true and so wonderfully written! Angry!Matthew is perfect! And that 'nothing was more important than Mary' Oh my heart! :(

Of course she wouldn't be in her room :( I'd never have thought of that but its so obvious, so many horrible memories :(

The walled garden... :( Such a moving scene and finally finally they're able to get everything out in the open and argue and then everything is happy again - this is the sort of stuff I like very much! All the feelings are out there and they're so vulnerable but they love each other so much they can get past it and then everything is alright :)

I'm so glad you wrote this - if we don't get to see it in S3 then we've got this to go by, which is IMO a very accurate representation of it all! Absolutely brilliant! (but not helping my inferiority complex - nothing I write could ever be as good as this!) You're so very very fabulous and I loved it! :D

Alice x
anonnynonny chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
I am always amazed at how well you capture their voices. I can hear Matthew and Mary (or should I say Dan and Michelle) through my laptop screen when you write them.
SingingNurse chapter 1 . 3/26/2012