Reviews for And So It Goes
Kitty chapter 8 . 4/22/2012
You write your characters very, very well, which I find to be remarkably rare in general, and exceptionally so when one of the characters is Garak.

I also enjoy the way this story weaves around canon. It all reads as though it could have been part of the episodes, themselves.
madly9 chapter 8 . 4/20/2012
I cannot describe how wonderful, suspenseful, and in-depth this story. From the plot twists to keeping everyone in-character, it is simply...brilliant. You've explored the characters in ways I never imagined while still keeping the story as a whole as close to canon as possible. I can't wait for your next update.
madly9 chapter 7 . 4/9/2012
Hurray for another great chapter. Sorry for not reviewing earlier; I've been reading this on my phone and it has finally stopped messing up when sendibg a review. Anyway, can't wait for the next chapter!
mollybdam from LJ chapter 3 . 4/1/2012
(comment cross-posted for records)

Just wanted to say that I'm really enjoying this fic. I had all these little moments while reading where I thought - my goodness, are you me? I've been pondering a lot of the things you've put here - from big things like Bashir visiting Garak in the brig to little things like Bashir going to Sisko first when they all wake up in sickbay during Things Past because he's the captain and top priority. (btw, I'm misereremei over on Tumblr - all those little photosets I've been making have been part of my little preliminary way of thinking about these off-screen interactions.)

Anyway, I'd better get to work on (re) watching season 5 - I just finished Things Past and I've gotta get ahead before you post again!
mrs260 from LJ chapter 3 . 4/1/2012
(comment cross-posted for records)

I really liked how you integrated the story with the episodes it covers, and I'm looking forward to the next part! (Interesting that you've placed Bashir's conference so early - I think it works, though!)
tsukinokujira on LJ chapter 2 . 3/29/2012
(cross-posted from LJ for comment recording purposes)

I like your handling of Ziyal in this. In most stories I've read, she ceases to exist or the writer blatantly hates her.
mrs260 from LJ chapter 2 . 3/29/2012
(cross-posted from LJ for comment recording purposes)

An enjoyable second part! I like seeing the tough aspects of their relationship tackled, and the gap in understanding shown here is really plausible. (I hope they'll be okay in the end!)
RiseofDarkFire on DA chapter 2 . 3/29/2012
(comment cross-posted from DA for recording purposes)

So, I have to be honesty with you, I didn't read Part 1 because I've seen so many bad fanfics about Garak, and this part I only read because of the mention of the Tarlak Sector. I thought it would just be pointless drivel, tell the truth. But this. This is fantastic. :wow: You absolutely nailed everyone's characters and blended the lines from the episode seamlessly into your own writing. That'll teach me to be closed-minded!
l'Ombre chapter 2 . 3/29/2012
I like this. A lot. It's cleverly framed by the episodes, you've got into Garak's head so well, and super-accurate little beats rather than reams of florid description keeps it taut and snappy. I particularly liked Bashir's "wide, swaggering movements" at the end of ch 2 - I can just see him doing that.

Also, the quality of the writing satisfies even my inner grammar-Nazi. Bravo.
seraphtrevs from LJ chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
(cross-posted from LJ for comment recording purposes)

Oh man, this was so fantastic! "Our Man Bashir" was an episode that left me DYING for some sort of resolution between the two of them, which we never got. And hooray, now you're giving me some! :D

You've done a really wonderful, subtle job exploring their complicated relationship (and Bashir and O'Brien's relationship is really well done, too). I loved that you had the three of them do a holosuite together - it was really funny, and it also highlighted poor Garak's third wheel status. The way Garak reacts is so perfectly him - subtle, but insistent. And Julian's reactions are also really keeping with his character - kind of a blend between deliberately avoiding him and genuinely being sort of oblivious, lol. Their conversation at the end of the chapter was really well done - I'm anxious to see where you're taking this!
mrs260 from LJ chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
(cross-posted from LJ for comment recording purposes)

Very enjoyable look at a complicated time in their relationship. :0)
sharplyunclear from LJ chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
(comment cross-posted from LJ for comment recording purposes)

Oh my god, I need a box of tissues. ;_;

First of all, I love the title you chose for your story, it's such a perfect song for Garak. I had to listen to it while reading! And I love how in character everyone is, and I love love love your Garak, how perfect you described his loneliness and desire to connect to Bashir, and how Bashir just retreated into his friendship with O'Brien.

I've been reading A Stitch in Time lately and it's so sad and aaah I have many feelings about Garak.

Thank you for writing this, I'm looking forward to the next chapter a lot. :)
crowdog66 from LJ chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
(review cross-posted from LJ for comment records)

I really appreciated the thought and research you obviously put into this story, and the subtlety with which you lead the reader through the minefield of Garak and Bashir's relationship in the aftermath of the shooting. It was beautifully done, and I'm looking forward to the next chapter with bated breath! :)
43 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3