Reviews for Tyrants and Terriers
detectivejigsaw chapter 5 . 1/24
Awwww...I do agree that the day Vetinari retires is probably the day Vimes will do so as well. Even if it's Moist von Lipwig who takes over the job of being Patrician.

Though it's a bit scary seeing these men being so familiar with each other, it's also sweet.
detectivejigsaw chapter 2 . 1/24
Aw, this is cute. One of my favorite lines here is "...and usually said 'sir' like it was really 'you bloody idiot.'" It's really funny because it's true, isn't it?

I don't know about you, but Vetinari, to me, is one of those people who is an excellent book character, but who you would absolutely hate if he really existed. Possibly the same with Vimes, except I think I could get along with him all right.
CuteSnake Earfalas chapter 5 . 10/12/2014
I just love this fanfic! The writing and dialogues are amazing! Thanks à lots :)

Earfalas
GUest chapter 1 . 10/21/2013
A really brilliant story!
I sincerely hope that strawberriesandtophats at Archive Of Our Own is your own account, otherwise I am afraid that someone else has stolen parts of your wonderful work. Several of your amazing Discworld short stories have been uploaded by this person, including Chapter One under the story name Tyrants and Terriers and Chapter Three under the story name Loyalty.
I truly enjoy reading your fics and, like I said before, I hope that the account in question belongs to you and that everything is in perfect order.
Wishing you a wonderful day!
Ginafisch chapter 5 . 6/13/2013
All those stories are just freaking beautiful! :)
Sofear chapter 5 . 6/11/2013
That was really epic! i enjoyed it heaps, especially since i think there should be more moments like these in the book, and the development of the two's relationship was really interesting. it took me a while to get used to your slightly odd shifting of tenses in mid paragraph, but it was a very beautiful plot and the characterization and dialog made me smile for the rest of the day. More fics like this would be awesome! (especially a longer one, maybe set in the past, during night watch?)
dreamingallthetime chapter 5 . 2/9/2013
This is wonderful! I love them together, and I hope you write some more in this series.
Celynne chapter 5 . 1/27/2013
Simply brilliant. I hope you will write something Vetinari and Vimes in it in future as well.
jenben chapter 5 . 10/29/2012
I really enjoyed this collection of Vetinari/Vimes stories. Those are probably my two favorite characters and they have such a unique relationship-I thought you captured it very well. I was a little nervous as I read this last chapter because it almost seemed as if it would turn slashy; one could certainly read it that way, but I think it's about their friendship. I wish Terry Pratchett would give us more like the scenes you wrote.

Thanks a lot!
Elizabeth Bower chapter 5 . 9/25/2012
Well...it made me happy. SO very happy. I loved it greatly. Vetinari and Vimes, retiring together...really, dying together. Keep writing if you wish, I will be looking forward to any more stories, I swear.
Sanorace chapter 4 . 9/8/2012
Proofreading:
They saluted when they saw the Patrician and gave Igor waved in greeting when he saw Vimes.
"And the army?" Vetinari asked, winching slightly as he turned to face the watchman.

I love how you can convey so much with so little dialogue. I need to learn how to do that. In this story Sybil is dead which is okay. Vimes has lost the one person in his life who was closest to him. It just serves to highlight the fact that Vetinari never had one at all. Drumknott, Leonard, and Lady Marglotta lack creativity, cynicism, and virtue respectively. Sam is the only one who has all three.

Please write a story about that. If you don't want to, then can you write a story about when Vetinari finally gets his garden? There totally has to be choke vines and carnivorous plants tastefully arranged with the other flowers. Pitcher plants can be quite colorful.
Sanorace chapter 3 . 9/8/2012
Ah, Vimes. You seem to have saved my life. Here, have a puppy.

"His hair is still a shiny black and there is no elegant cane" The sudden switch to present tense is jarring. I think you could have done something else to bring justly deserved attention to the paragraph. This mini flashback is lovely and truly adds something remarkable to the story.
Aguna chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
LOVE IT :)
Cuilan Argo chapter 4 . 8/22/2012
Well done it takes a fine hand to trace the two characters and maintain their integrity, please continue this
rhidragon chapter 4 . 8/16/2012
summer holiday with sam vimes and ventinari..thats gonna be a laugh.

great short stories.