Reviews for The Princess of Barsoom
Khartoum chapter 4 . 4/19/2014
I'm curious about how he immediately knew he was in the same star system. Perhaps if she had described the planets a bit more (i.e. Jupiter's Red Spot, Saturn's rings) that would have helped. of course, this could apply to the movie too.

Very nice job showing things from her perspective.
Guest chapter 2 . 3/12/2014
I really like it so far except for one thing. "Tharks who would happily feast on their flesh . ." In the books, and you must have gotten some of your info from the books, using terms like 'tal' and 'xat' and 'haad', Tharks didn't eat red men. Only the Holy Therns and the high ranking First Born did. Also Issus. The Tharks saved prisoners for the games. I don't know about the other races of green men, but the Tharks definitely didn't.
lj13oct chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
Sorry I forgot to log in, the comment above is from me.
Guest chapter 4 . 3/17/2013
I love the way you write. I've fallen in love with John Carter too and have been searching for good fic from this amazing movie. Your story is among the best that I have found. And I've looked really hard! :)

Thank you for your amazing story, I wish there was more though.
LandoftheFuture chapter 2 . 1/26/2013
Amazing story you have and you did great expanding Princess Dejah's role. You should read my own fanfic as well. It's a sequel to John Carter and also has Dejah Thoris's expanded role. Check it out if you like! :)
Star Lyre chapter 4 . 11/25/2012
I love this! You have a really nice grasp of the characters. This is definitely the best John Carter fanfiction I've read. Please do write more! I would love to read it.
Guest chapter 4 . 7/20/2012
I like what you are writing, you have some skill. You have indicated a lack of interest in reading the source material. I think that is your biggest mistake. Edgar Rice Burroughs was a master of writing action and came up with some great characters and dialogue. That being said, if you don't want to spend the time to read the books, here is a link to a great summary of the books, sort of a cliff notes version. For Issus sake please read the first one. I look forward to your next missive, as your style is unique and appealing to me.

Guest chapter 4 . 7/20/2012
I'm really enjoying the story up to here, filling in Dejah Thoris' perspective and the history of her scientific work. Good work! I'm really looking forward to reading more!
AcolyteofDaniel chapter 4 . 6/30/2012
Just saw the movie for the first time today, and was disappointed at the dearth of fanfic. That said, this was an excellent read! Amusing to see things from Dejah's perspective, interesting to see what drove her, very good characterization of Matai and Sab Than, and- and this is pretty high praise from me- very well put-together in the grammatical sense. No matter how good a story is, I will not read it if it's full of errors. It's just too much headache. So, all around, I'm glad there were so few fanfics, making it easier to find this one!
Apache kid chapter 4 . 5/13/2012
Please write more this story is really great,i am loving it.I just hope you dont end it you please write some more,preferably a lot more.
Jeffrey Fouberg chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
Good intriguing beginning, I hope you continue writing from Dejah Thoris' point of view until/even after John Carter is whisked back to earth at the end.
Jeffrey Fouberg chapter 4 . 5/9/2012
Excellent addition to the movie novelization. Written from a woman's point of view. Are you going to finish this. I am hooked. The addition thoughts of my favorite character from the books and the movie are just a hint of whats to come. Keep writing and finish this, I want to know what Princess Dejah Thoris is thinking.
rtk chapter 4 . 4/5/2012
I loved the movie too! But you should definitely check out the books as well, they're a interesting (though sometimes predictable) read. :) And I'm really enjoying this view into the characters thoughts that you don't get in movies.
doikea chapter 4 . 4/5/2012
More please! A fool or a thief.
snake screamer chapter 4 . 4/4/2012
Interesting (i see Sab thaine asking Matai shang who the hell he fought, saying he thought the therns were the only white martians and that they were bald. Matai shang says nothing but realizing what species carter might be is wondering how he got on Barsoom.