Reviews for Sacrificed With Love
Regin chapter 18 . 8/30/2013
I Like, I Lust, I Love! Please Update Soon!
An Echo In Time chapter 18 . 8/24/2012
Been reading this since... er, lets say a couples days now. Thanks for making me lose sleep! Jeez! Haha, but amazing story, very realistic, and amazing writing. Can't wait for the next chapter!
Sarah303 chapter 18 . 8/24/2012
Yay! An update! Great chapter, it was well worth the wait. I loved how you wrote about the mentors watching the last fight happen, how Riven came to District 13, and how Lecks died. Although, I'm surprised that they managed to escape when the Peacekeepers saw the hovercraft blatantly flying over the Capitol. Overall though, nice job.
MissDizzyD chapter 18 . 8/21/2012
Oh my God. It's the end... :'( But what a note to end on. My favourite scene is so hard to pick out. I loved the part in Chapter 2 when they're talking about skills and Lyria says that if they're going to stare at her she'll need a mirror. I loved how closed of and unemotional she can be on the outside while she's in turmoil on the inside. I loved Ryanne so so much, she's the type of older sister that I'd want. I loved Lyria's private session with the Gamemakers and how snarky she was after it. Most of all I loved her relationships with Riven, Tristan and Lecks. Her friend, the boy who loves her and her uncle. It's magical and you got each relationship perfect. My favourite character is Lyria (even though I know it sounds stupid because she's the main character and everything so why wouldn't I like her?) because she's so strong right from the beginning. My least favourite character was Aiden. How could he be so cold to Lyria? He had a young sister himself so her should've understood what she was going through and tried to be nicer to her but he wasn't. He was an ass to her instead. I'll never forgive his character for that. I LOVED Tristan and Lyria (I assume you mean as a couple). There was never a more perfect combination.
And the best part of this is that I just read the bit about the epilogue. Am I excited! YES, YES, YES!
This has been an awesome story, I'll be sad to see it go. Congratulations on such likable, realistic, totally awesome characters and the perfect story line. Sorry for such a long review :P
Dizzy xx
WolfDarkfur chapter 18 . 8/21/2012
Love this chapter, wasn't a particular fan of Lyria/Tristan at the beginning, but it's grown on me. So glad you've updated.
yo chapter 17 . 6/16/2012
"...Thanks to all the reviewers!..."

You're welcome! :)

"...But I'd also like to give a shout out to two of my newer reviewers, schylur-shay93 and MissDizzyD..."

"...yo, here's another response for you; Scarlet's characterization, the stereotypical Roma woman thing, survived through her family, but maybe not over all. She is from a long line of women with the 3rd eye. I just didn't think she was important enough to write out that explanation. And no, by the end, he didn't see her as a sister. He just wouldn't act on his feelings because it would have been wrong at the time..."

Got it now, thanks.

"...and how Lyria had survived after the Games. Or really, been resurrected..."

So now Tristan knows but we still don't. Heh.

"...He is a brilliant man and Lyria was practically bred for the Games."..."

"... including skilled Capitol healers who could very easily seal up a couple of stab wounds. They set her up on a ventilator and a little less than an hour later, she was alive and kicking..."

"...And I do mean that literally. One of the healers got a broken clavicle to prove it."..."

Heh. Now I wonder what the healer would say about that to friends who asked what happened (like, "Dude, you're not gonna believe this, but..." ?).

"...The Capitol woman nodded, her pinned back pink curls..."

Nice depolarizing of the split between pro-District non-Capitol people who can't afford dyes and anti-District Capitol-resident people who can. ;)

"...Her tiny bare foot connected directly with his clavicle and he felt and heard it snap underneath the sudden pressure. The pain hit about a half second later and he staggered back, emitting a pained moan..."

Ouch ouch ouch. And what an anecdote for him to add to his personal history...

"...Lyria had begun to cry, sobbing hysterically, her eyes shut tight but the images from the arena haunted her even from inside her own mind..."

How sadly awkward.

"...The healer grabbed a pail of water and unceremoniously threw it over her tiny form. This momentarily silenced her as she coughed and sputtered and he took advantage of the temporary quiet. "LYRIA!" he roared, "You are safe! We are trying to help you! Stop fighting."..."

Whoa - and I hope that was warm water, making her gut reaction more "WTF?" than "ouch, cold!".

"... "I think it's been about a month since I've seen her. Occasionally, she just shows up on the upper levels. I don't know where they're keeping her or her mentor. Some rumors even go that she's down in the deepest levels, trying to help 13 put an end to the Games and others say she's completely offsite because she refused to work with the President and incite a rebellion. I'm more inclined to believe the latter."..."

No rumors of her going to some sort of school (finishing high school, starting college, academic stuff, vocational stuff, whatever)? I mean, she'd be only around 18 at this point.

"..."And where is she now?" he asked..."

Here's hoping it's school school school school...

"...Coin looked unimpressed and even a bit agitated herself. "Mr. Whitlock, believe it or not, Lyria Lake is not the center of my focus,..."

Apt snark. ;)

"...but she is not even within the walls of 13 at this moment..."

Woohoo there's a chance she's made it outside Panem altogether and is seeing what foreign countries have to offer! :)

"...The President grabbed the cup just in front of her and took another sip. Why wouldn't someone just take the damn mug away from her already? It was obviously too distracting for her..."

Maybe it's coffee or cola, she's yet another caffeine junkie, and nobody wants to get between a powerful junkie and her fix? ;)

"..."However, we think that if we were able to air your touching story - even perhaps a reunion between you and Lyria - we could begin to rally the Districts behind our ideals and against the Capitol."..."

I thought it when I read Mockingjay and I'm thinking it again: I know it's a series aimed at teen readers but it's still annoying to see these adults not man up and woman up and stop expecting teenagers (yeah, 18- and 19-year-olds are when teenage and adult overlap, but older adults still shouldn't dump everything on even these teens) to solve heavy problems like these! :/ So, good onya for staying in character for the series. ;)

"...Lyria looked like she was thinking, her eyes avoiding the stare of everyone in the room and bouncing to different points on the ceiling. "Say that's true - that I am like the nation's child. It's not by my command that they would have rushed to avenge me, but by my death. In this, I was more valuable dead than alive. A martyr for your cause, if you will." She crossed her arms across her chest. "But by bringing me back, you lost your greatest sympathy factor - the fact that I was dead. I mean, sure, you could shut me off somewhere and pretend I'm still dead or, hey, you could kill me all over again." Lyria took a second to look around and was relieved to see that no one seemed to think that was actually an option; she'd been going out on a bit of a limb there. "But it wouldn't change anything. If the rebellion were to happen by my doing, it would have happened months ago. I am not the rebellion. I am collateral damage."..."

Very well said, and a bit snarky too! ;)

"..."Well, Lyr, mom died a couple years back. She always felt so guilty about leaving you and when this sickness started going around, she couldn't get better." Lyria's smile had fallen by now and Davath could barely stand to look at her as tears formed in her impossibly blue eyes. "The healer said that the constant state of depression had weakened her body and the sickness was too much for her."..."

How sad and how plausible. Poor Ms. Lakes. :(

"..."Who are you?" the man asked of Tristan, sounding confused. "Why are you here?" / Tristan blinked. Those eyes were her's but this man was so obviously not..."

Her dad? :)

"..."Liam Lake?" he asked the man cautiously..."

Her dad! :D Just in time for Father's Day too! ;D

"...Because after the shock wore off, Lyria looked murderous. / "What the hell did they do?"..."

Lemme guess, since they offered to reunite her and Tristan for propaganda purposes, now that she's being reunited with Tristan she thinks that they *are* using it for propaganda purposes and have a camera on her and Tristan at the moment...?
AnneSilverfire chapter 17 . 6/16/2012
Yay! More please more! And of course lyria would be upset that they took him away from his family... Did I ask for more yet? Pwese?
conneryyy chapter 17 . 6/15/2012
I want an epilogue! :)

This chapter was quite enjoyable, and the end is awesome. Lyria's reaction after being resurrected and breaking the healer's clavicle was a nice touch.

I would've had a hard time incorporating Coin into a fanfic as well, so I thought you did well with it. There were a couple of places where I think you could have expressed her demeanor more through her actions, instead of just explaining what she seemed like. You did do a good job with this for the most part though!

One thing that I really liked was Liam Lake's characterization. His lapses are interesting and you wrote about them in a way that was realistic and excellent. Another thing I liked (and agreed with!) - Lyria's reaction to Coin's rebellion proposal. She's wise and the "collateral damage" quote was awesome.

Keep it up! I'm loving this.
Sarah303 chapter 17 . 6/13/2012
Haha, I did not see Lyria being pissed coming. I'm excited to read what they have to say to each other!
M chapter 16 . 6/11/2012
Sorry I haven't reviewed in a while I had examsand other boring and useless things to prepare for. :) I am really exited that you are continuing the story. My only piece of advice is to add a lot of detail and make the next chapter(s) believable. The last few chapters were amazing, but what's new? Congratulations on youre longest story and good luck with your job.
AnneSilverfire chapter 16 . 6/10/2012
KNEW IT KNEW IT KNEW IT KNEW IT KNEW IT KNEW IT KNEW IT KNEW IT KNEW IT KNEW IT KNEW IT KNEW IT! And now it's 7 years later sooooooo it's not pedophilia! Woot! Haha and I totally think lecks got killed for getting lyria out :p please please please please update nooooooooooooooow!
AnneSilverfire chapter 15 . 6/10/2012
So maybe it just the optimist in me saying that maybe they revived Lyria in the hovercraft... There was no body! If the crime does not fit you must acquit! (or something like that...) anywayyyy can't wait to read this next bit sorry it took so long for me to R&R. But I myself was feeling a bit angsty after we lost Lyria...
A-mellark chapter 16 . 6/10/2012
Thank you for writing this! It is literally amazing and I can't wait to read the next chapters! :D
conneryyy chapter 16 . 6/8/2012
This was an amazing chapter. I like the allusion to Gloss and you did well with Haymitch and Plutarch. Definitely excited to see Lyria and District 13 and best of luck getting that job!
schylur-shay93 chapter 16 . 6/4/2012
yes, you are the embodiment of evil) Cliff hanger's are pure torture! I do have to say that I love how you put a quote from the chapter at the beginning. Makes me go lookin for it