Reviews for Bound
Aldrean Treu Peri chapter 5 . 3/5/2013
WOW. I'd really enjoy reading more of this. Definitely a different take on the future but I'm intrigued and must know more. Loving the J/H bits but it's good that it's subtle - this is a tale about Steven Hyde after all, not a love story about Jackie & Hyde (though if it wound up with them happy together I'd have no problem with that!) ...hope to see more installments soon :)
White Light White Heat chapter 5 . 1/1/2013
I klove it. This is such a fantastic story and I am thrilled to have found it.
It could be cool to see some of the gang, or even all, come visit Hyde at some point.
Overall well written and entertaining.

I look forward to the next chapter!
schottzie chapter 5 . 12/12/2012
I hope you get time to write. Poor Hyde-he's ahd it rough. Curious to see where you go with this...
ShanghaiLily chapter 5 . 12/9/2012
Amazing! Seriously, you've built a whole universe here. I can't believe how far in Hyde's head you are. I know you're busy, but if you get the chance, an update would be very much appreciated :)
BloodyOsbourne chapter 4 . 11/5/2012
Really good story. Can't wait to see more Jackie in there.
christineexx chapter 4 . 10/27/2012
I love this comeback chapter! I'm not a big JackiexHyde fan, but you actually have me really interested here... and you portray Hyde so well that I'm just really excited for more! c:
nannygirl chapter 4 . 10/26/2012
Wonderful, wonderful work on this new chapter! I was so excited to see this story had been updated and the chapter not only did not disappoint but it was so very much worth the wait!

The first scene with the flashback was terrific! I always love flashbacks with the gang when they were younger and this one was no different. It’s sweet seeing how much Hyde’s friends care about him, their concern about him smoking, Eric inviting him over for dinner so much, and especially Donna’s concern for him. It was also sad reading that already at such a young age some of Hyde’s negative behaviors had started, no doubt that some of those behaviors played a part in getting him where he was now. Nice job too at adding the bits of humor like Kelso and his space boobs lol

Again, I love the way you write the bits with Hyde at the rehab center because it just feels so real, and you can not only see the scene happening but you can almost feel what it is Hyde’s feelings of frustration and wanting to escape. Like the nurses there, they seem to be very helpful and I hope eventually Hyde will see this. Very great job at that section about the past three days, very well written but poor Hyde sounds like such difficult and dark three days. And the bit with him thinking EXIT was the most beautiful word—could very much see that, glad the nurse was there to point out what would happen if he did what he was thinking of doing.

Also really liked the way you described the whole recovery process and the whole thing with the new drugs and such, you were having it all explained to Hyde which in turn had it being explained to us too. Terrific work there! And I could so see Hyde thinking this part here ‘ Unless they're just giving us more drugs to be chemically dependent on so they can get insurance money. Those are the real fuckin' criminals.” Made me laugh a bit.

Fabulous descriptions of the area that the men were in and the men in the room too. Simple and yet at the same time said a million and one words! Very interesting bit with him having the reflex of putting his hands into his pockets like that. and I really felt bad for him when he was getting mad at himself for bringing himself into the place, hopefully that’ll change soon and he’ll feel proud about the decision he made. Another heartbreaking part was the part with him thinking about his friends, most especially Donna and Jackie. Terrific line here “Dark hair around darker eyes. She was the beginning of all this.” And she was the beginning of this? He did something to her that started this all? What did he do? Oh my I’m guessing it’s something not very good but I really do want to find out what it is!

I though these new characters there at the center were some cool characters that I hope we’ll be seeing more of. The guy with the one arm and his speech was very nicely done. Rocko is another character I’m hoping to learn more about and Evan is terrific character who not only gave Hyde some advice but even almost made him laugh.

Terrific ending and I so loved the way that line about dark hair and darker eyes came up again. Brilliant thinking!

Overall this was a fabulous chapter! I’m so glad that you’re back! I’m very much looking forward to the next chapter! Till then keep up the terrific work!
ShanghaiLily chapter 4 . 10/25/2012
LOVE this! Everything feels so real and you do a good job of putting the reader in a slightly confused, off-kilter state-as I'd imagine Hyde is right now. Can't wait to find out what he did to Jackie and Donna. Keep going, seriously. Can't wait to read you next update.
ShanghaiLily chapter 2 . 10/25/2012
Fascinating! Really loving this story!
nannygirl chapter 3 . 5/9/2012
Wow! This chapter was so AMAZINGLY BRILLIANT! So very much worth the wait!

The flashback was so awesomely written! So many details and descriptions as another reader said it felt like I was right there with Hyde watching all the things happen. Aye what awful things Hyde had to witness at such a young age with his parents. Really felt bad for him when he tried to block out the his parents voices that he thought sounded like ‘they were monsters or possessed by demons’ Fabulous line of description! I even felt bad for Edna so too with the way Bud treated her. Liked the little bits of her giving some comfort to Hyde, running her hand in his hair. And the way Hyde showed his protectiveness of his mother with the scene with the gun—terrific flashback within a flashback btw! Aye then the part with Bud hitting Edna and Hyde trying to block it all out while praying into his lap—just wanted to pull him out of there and take him over to The Forman house!

Oh and how heartbreaking was it to hear about how Hyde felt so sick when he was at home…how he didn’t want to be there. That’s not how a home should feel…probably why that’s not his real home. His real home is with the Formans. The bit with Hyde finding the bear was so excellently done! I just loved all the emotions that were packed into that part. His nervousness of getting caught, his excitement about the bear, his curiosity and confusion. This line here ‘a part of him that knew they cared about this can more than him. That part of him wanted to know why.’ So heartbreaking and yet so, so AWESOME!

The lead up to him taking the sip was so well written, him examining the can and looking at the label not finding anything special about it..AWESOME, SO AWESOME. Another heartbreaking line here “Sometimes he even wondered if they'd be better off with out him.” Because it’s HIM who would be better off without THEM! More fantastic details of Hyde’s reaction to his first sip of bear and how he still kept drinking it. I love that you have Bud and Edna’s arguing and Hyde being able to drown it out with the beer, be the thing that set off his drinking. It’s heartbreak yes very much so but at the same time very believable!

The scene back in the present time was just as wonderful as the flashback scene! It’s so sad hearing the things that Steven feels and what he’s going through but at the same time I’m so glad that he’s looking for help and getting it. The nurses there seem very nice as I said before and I like that Maria is so strong headed and is determined to get Hyde the help he needs because she had been there before. Great stuff!

The things Hyde had been through sound just as terrible. With his morning ritual. Him stealing a car. And the whole thing with Donna. Loved That part, so very well written! Not too long and not to short. The visits to the hospital faking injuries to get drugs—another terrific add in! Liked how those memories were set off by the scent on his shirt. And almost killing himself. Poor Hyde. Mentioned his last conversations with his friends and I’m so very curious to find out more about that!

And the ending with the window…FANTASTIC way to close up the chapter!

Once again you did a marvelous job on this chapter! So very wonderfully written! I can not wait for the next chapter! Keep up the incredible work!
TL22 chapter 3 . 5/5/2012
A very well written chapter Your description of Hyde's childhood was chilling. I felt as if I was there in a corner watching what was transpiring.

Excellent
RingoStarrRules chapter 3 . 5/5/2012
This is awsome! You have a very good writing style

And the dialogue is very good.

Please update soon!
nannygirl chapter 2 . 4/3/2012
Wonderfully terrific first chapter!

LOVE the idea of having a flashback scene at the beginning of chapters! Helps us put the pieces together little by little—plus flashbacks are always fun! Terrific descriptions through out the story! Seriously if I wasn’t hooked before I definitely am now! That first scene was just WOW! You could feel the tension and the panic and the whole mystery of it all was awesome! Something is telling me there was some sort of accident maybe while Hyde was under the influence of something…maybe…still trying to figure it out.

Then the part taking place in present time was and even bigger WOW that before! It was amazing! Poor Hyde my heart really goes out to the guy and hearing all the things he’s tried all the things he’s done was so heartbreaking though I think the most heartbreaking part for me was when he said he was homeless. Can’t wait to hear what happened there!

And the way you capture all of those emotions that Hyde is feeling all this things going through his head…its’ really too awesome for words! It feels o real! Like I’m right there watching it all but also having that inside look in Hyde head. And getting that inside look into Hydes head is not always easy to do but you my friend have done an excellent job on it!

I like the nurses that are there helping him out. They’re very nice and really do want to help him get better and I’m glad that Hyde sees this. Wondering though if they’re remind him of another nurse who’s taken care of him in the past.

This story is only two chapters in but already I’m loving it! Can’t wait for the next chapter!

Wonderful job again! Looking forward to more! And keep up the superb work!
Clueless-Major chapter 2 . 4/2/2012
Omg! OMG! This is sooo amazing! D I just love how Hyde is really in character and him checking into rehab is actually a very plausible scenario ) I really enjoyed reading this first chapter, and I can't wait to read more! -
christineexx chapter 2 . 4/2/2012
I love this idea so much... And Hyde's reactions to everything are perfect. Great job. C: