Reviews for Little Fish, Big Fish
ShadowPhoenix15 chapter 1 . 10/4/2015
Vet du.. Historiene dine er veldig vakre.

Ikke vær disgusted med meg, men jeg shipper Lydia og BJ (men bare når hun er eldre), og dette er både vakkert og trist for meg samtidig.

Jeg støtter dem som bare venner, men allikevel så håper jeg nesten for mer.

Elsker fanficsa dine!
Little Kunai chapter 1 . 9/22/2014
huh another interesting perspective
oldandnewfirm chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
I started re-reading your Drakken/Shego fic on a nostalgic whim, and was delighted to see that you've written BJ/Lydia as well. They're another favorite pairing of mine, whether in cartoon verse or film verse, and I think you bridged the two wonderfully here. You captured Lydia's youth and uncertainty without making her childish, and you addressed BJ's crudeness and immaturity without ignoring the fact that beneath it all he's still a VERY full-grown man who knows more about the world than she ever will. You did justice to both characters, and I really enjoyed this piece.
venG chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
Wonderful story! Thank you!
darkbangle chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
Sad in its way, but still very adorable. Really conveys that period of life that's so hard because you're not really a kid anymore, but you have so far to go before you can really be called grown up. There's also the bittersweetness of BJ's position. He'll always be there for her, but he can't be a part of her life in certain ways, and he'll have to watch her grow old (or die too young, if she's not lucky). It's really a difficult situation all around. I'd love to read more Beetlejuice stories by you, if you ever feel so inclined as to write them. :)
Lenighma chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
Why the hell doesn't this have more reviews? And, DAMN it all, I can't explain things the way you can; I've tried to use the same wording of Beetlejuice's emotions towards Lydia and hers towards him and SO much more you mentioned in this fic, but I can't do it as coherently and mature as you did here!

*SIGH*

...I'm such a kid.

But seriously. This is fantastic. It's perfect. It's so very realistic. I hope you do continue in another fic!
BasementOfTheMansion chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
This is really good, a nice suprise to find in this normally quite dead (groan...) fandom. I really like that you went off into little eddies of introspection that are rarely explored with these two, and explored how open-ended and complex their relationship can be. And I must say, I like your subplot about

Delia getting pregnant and the ripples it would cause in Lydia's psyche. It makes the world they're in feel like a real one instead of an arbitrary backdrop to their adventures.

The last few paragraphs of the story were my particular favorites, so sweet and understated. You're a fantastic writer and a swift wit. It's always fun to read your work.

(Oh, and I love "Down By the Water." Awesome song!)