Reviews for Luna
PuffTheMagicDragon1 chapter 1 . 8/16/2018
Melts my heart
plahbie chapter 1 . 1/11/2016
In the beginning the time sequence is wrong. Harry and Ginny don't get together until after the second book, which is when the two 'gorillas' ate Hermione's spiked chocolate cake.
Nargles on Asgard chapter 1 . 6/24/2013
i love that
TvGeek98 chapter 1 . 9/15/2012
I absolutely loved this story, as Luna is my favourite character. This sounds exactly like something Luna would do, and I love the way she absentmindedly walks into the forbidden forest without a care in the world, and because she's so naturally good with animals, doesn't encounter any problems there.
Well done, great story! :)
reminiscent-afterthought chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
[She passed on by an arguing Ron and Hermione] - it's funny how that extra word does wonders for Luna's personality.

[She left alone the snoozing gorillas covered in a piece of chocolate cake, that she passed on the fifth floor corridor on the left hand side] - you don't need the comma in there, and I would suggest writing the last part as "she passed on the left hand side of the fifth floor corridor". Makes more sense that way.

I really like how the journey occurs. Going deeper, winding around corners, and ultimately winding up back and square one. And it is so like Luna to hum...not that I've ever heard of /what/ she's humming.
MadHatterBellatrix10 chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
Aww luna is just so fun and awesome. You're really good at capturing who she is. Loved it.
Queen Riza chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
Haha you've got to love Luna! This was delightful and I love how Luna notices things that no one else seems too.
Ongaku7 chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
I love the part where she puts the twig into her hair...THAT WAS INGENIOUS! The bunny part was nice too.
Eusebius chapter 1 . 5/30/2012
Thanks for writing this! I love Luna too. I can't decide what my favorite part is, though. Possibly petting the unicorn, or 99 Luftballoons, or the grass and twig stuck in her hair.)
imkindofahobbit chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
i love luna and this was just amazing. i loved it
shmollycoco chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
I love this! This isn't a "story," per se, but it's a fantastic little glimpse into Luna, as well as the rest of Hogwarts in what I assume is her 6th year...maybe the end of her 5th?

A few typos:

"She past on by an arguing Ron and Hermione..." you should use "passed on by;"

"...piece of glass and grab..." you mean "grass" here, don't you?

"Humming softly she stepped into the forest with light and airy feet; brushing gently passed the briars and branches, that attempted to snag on her skin and clothes. She trailed her hand over the bark of trees that she passed as she went deeper into the forest. She waved to the herd of centaurs that she passed, that were skulking under the trees." the word "passed" is repeated too frequently, in my opinion; try to find other verbs that mean a similar thing.

"...beside her, and she started to pet her absently." I think you mean "absentmindedly."

You definitely capture the "essence of Luna" in this story. The only thing that I thought was out of character was her knowledge of Muggle songs, like "Don't Worry, Be Happy." Great job!
owluvr chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
I really liked this story. I thought that it sounded so, so Luna. Like I could so picture her just walking into the Forbidden Forest for no reason at all. I also loved how you made her ignore all of the important stuff that was happening around her, like Dumbledore and Snape arguing about his death. Once again-so Luna. So anyway, I really enjoyed this story and thought that it was very realistic. Good luck!
Alohaemora chapter 1 . 4/20/2012
This was fantastic! Your characterization of Luna was spot-on, and your incorporation of the color into your story was lovely! I love how she was so completely in her own world. Well done! And thank you for the submission! :)
Abigail Belle chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
Luna is so sweet and innocent - I love it! If I tried to put in every moment and line that was my favourite, I would run out of space in the review box, so I'll try to pick just a few...

I liked her dreaminess, the way she ignores everything that happens (especially the arguing over Dumbledore's death - oh my god, that made me laugh out loud) and the way she just wanders into the Forbidden forest.

I love Luna's musical taste, by the way ;) And feeding the thestrals - just like she was in the movie of OotP, wasn't it...?

The bit about the spiders also made me smile - of course Luna wouldn't be concerned with such creatures!

I cannot find anything to criticize. This was just gloriously, overwhelmingly sweet and funny. I lovelovelovelovelove it!
Evon1222 chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
I have always liked Luna. This was an interesting take on how she spends her time at Hogwarts. With the way it was written, it felt airy and sort of disconnected, which is very Luna. I think that you have captured her essence well and it was fun to read about how the world may seem through her eyes.

The only error I saw was that you initially spelled 'grass' as 'glass'.

Also, just a note, the writing would have been just as effective if you said that she was humming a tune than actually naming songs.

Good work!