Reviews for Heir to Chaos
T.T what will happened next?caius die...and light alone with her baby...oh my please dont make it sad end...btw its a good story i enjoy it...keep it up
Namirah chapter 30 . 1/8
OH MY GOD! An update! I'm so happy!(for the new chapter) and sad( for both Lightning and Caius). I’ve been following this story for a long time since you first post the first chapter but at that time I didn't have my own fanfiction account and didn't want to leave my review as a Guest (sorry). I feel like I need to make up for all those times where I didn't review your story.

First, you're a very talented writer yourself Nirianne. Your stories, the plot, the words flows, it was all amazing. Honestly, this story what makes me love Lightning & Caius pairing even more! I have been re-reading the whole story few times now while waiting for an update from you. This story never fails to pull me in.

Anyway, I never thought I would cried when Caius die. Remembering all those things he had done to Lightning make me hate him in this story. But then he came back to lightning, care for her, making promises, die and the truth came out. Oh poor, poor Caius. All this time, been manipulated and lied to. It was so heart breaking and I couldn’t hate him anymore.

As for Lightning, my heart goes out for her. All this time she had hated Caius with all her heart. Never imagine that it was all along planned by Chaos Yuel. Both Lightning and Caius were all a pawns.

I really hope I can see the day where this story will be completed. This story is great, and the new chapter really make my day.
13 chapter 30 . 1/7
I'm dead. That's it I just died. My time has come. This chapter was wow...I don't know how it was possible but you've made me dislike Yeul even more than before. All this time I thought Caius was an animal but now I see it was all Yeul. She poisoned his mind. I'm so glad Lightning found out the truth, I just wish Caius was around again (I never thought I'd say that) and I just want them to meet ;( The feels man, this hurt so much. Amazing story, amazing chapter I can't believe you updated I screamed so hard.
i chapter 30 . 1/7
I just... couldn't believe I would see this new update again... Oh my... it was so beautiful and full of feelings. It was such a beautiful chapter, believe me, and the update itself after all this time nearly brought me tears.
Okay, the power of your words and the flow of each one of them was in a harmony that made the emotions to burst. Light's remorse and sorrow pierced hearts, the sounds, the atmosphere, the whole dynamic of the scene rang alive when I read this. It was purely amazing. It was your style all reflected on this. My favorite scene was the reveal of the truth. Finally, you can say. It was Caius I felt the most pain for. Damned to protect someone who kept on dying, to abandon his human self and pure desires of having a family like everyone else, he was damned to succumb to the poison of Chaos. During all the story his fate is equally (or maybe more) cruel as Lightning's. Yeul is close to achieve her goal, taking adventage of Caius' humanity and Lightning's life destroyed by fate. Caius' struggle was aching to read.
Light's recollection of the past was just as dynamic.
After this chapter and this revelation everything came to an order. And then the true storyline is made clear and its a tragedy for two lives, abused with cruelty by both gods and chaos.
What else can I say? :)
FantasyWriting chapter 30 . 1/6
EEEH! You finally updated it! I'll tell you right now I literally squealed at my screen when I noticed! You REALLY perfected this chapter as you intended to. I also go through those obstacles whilst writing. When I write, I go to my realm of imagination, pretty much separated from reality. It's difficult for me to pull myself back into that world and keep going too.

This CHAPTER! AAAaaaahhHHHH! O_O I adored everything about it, how you planned it out, took your time with it so it'd be flawless and your descriptions of everything, especially how Lightning was feeling about the loss of Caius. There's just so many similarities between them, such as being pulled by the grasp of fate and being a mere pawn charged by hope and belief, attempting to defy their destiny for the sake of their beloved so they can live, both serious and solemn at first sight but once you get to know about their struggles that they have their own reasons for what their doing, and, ugh! I just LOVE THESE TWO SO MUCH! It's so much fun to write them out and experiment with them by putting them in countless situations where they could be forced to work together and eventually break at some point!

And freaking Chaos Yeul! Oh man, I just wanna... kill her off like the vermin she is! I always got this feeling something was up with Caius being so obsessed with Light and BAM. It was just Chaos Yeul, knowing all along how things would play out. She put a spell on Klaus too... man, this girl is really getting on my nerves. Now what other problems will she cause? If one thing's certain, I haven't gotten a clue. But based on what I've seen her doing, she knows it all, how it begins and how it ends.

Anyway, GIRL, this chapter was the BEST! Seriously, I spoke so much to myself while reading and squealing, excited at what was ahead in the chapter. Something tells me that whatever's ahead isn't gonna be good, as she fell asleep and is vulnerable to maybe... Yeul or the Chaos. It was so sad to finally see this strong willed woman give into the cruel hands of fate as Caius sadly did too. Seeing them being put against their will in certain ways... how they have to come to accept their cursed futures... what if they'll, in a way, be there for each other in eternal love? Their souls carry on or something, that's what I'm imagining after Lightning gives her heart so the goddess can live. Man, I just love this story so much, I loved how you showed phantom flashbacks of Lightning falling into Caius's games, who wasn't really himself at the time, under Yeul's spell.

Anyway, this is one of the most memorable fics I've read yet. Keep going and take your time! I'm surprised the end is nearing! O:
FantasyWriting chapter 29 . 8/22/2015
You know, Nirianne? I keep coming back to this story over and over, only to find myself in tears again. This was a very tragic tragedy, and I could feel Lightning's pain when she knew Caius had only used her for his desires. Anyway, all of the characters in this story were beautiful, and I have to say that even Ellinor's story was sad indeed. She just wanted to be loved, but Chaos Yeul tricked her, had her playing right in her hand until her eventual death committed by Caius. Caius just wants to have a family, a perfect family, but because of Chaos Yeul, she affected the outcome of his actions. Caius got what he wanted, a family, but Yeul was still locked into her curse.

Sadly, the seeress came before his family, and so he was determined to die. And it was true- he hurt Lightning significantly more in that one action than when he took away her dignity so she could be a mere vessel for their family. I could feel her pain, and it had my eyes soaked in tears.
Her peace was short lived, and so Lightning had been dragged in Valhalla. Over time, Caius grew obsessed with her and took her in during the battle. In all, Lightning was all his, and this had all been caused by Chaos Yeul. Which ever Yeul it was, it controlled the outcome of Caius's behavior and actions as her Guardian.
Caius's development when he realizes how much he's hurt Claire really caught my heart. She gave him a son as told in the prophecy, but she never yearned for his affection. She didn't ask for it, yet she unwillingly became his wife in the end.

You know one of my favorite parts? When Caius tells his son about the Eidolon constellations. He had been born under the stars of Bahamut, and he knows all of his wrongdoings. Knowing Claire was born under Odin's constellation, she fought for what was right. That was why she never gave into Caius- stubbornly refusing her role. Even as his prisoner, she refused to give into him.
Right there, Caius knows Claire didn't want anything from him. She never asked for his affection, but he longed for a family, even as someone immortal. I could feel both of their pain, and that right there is another thing that put a few tears down my cheeks.

Lightning never asked for anything from Caius, but she still wanted to raise her son. A son born out of unwillingness, and she wanted to care for him. She knew Chaos Yeul was the start of this, and it makes me wonder how much different things would be if a much kinder Yeul had been born. Ellinor wouldn't be thrown into madness, and Caius would have the family he longed for, maybe.
Given all of the other possible scenarios, I could see what Claire imagined- having a happy family with a good father to guide their son. But this was all because of you know who.

Like always, there's so much more I wish to say, as this how I write reviews even though I'm not... one to write them. This was also Lightning's first family, and this is what happened. She lost everything- her Eidolon, her parents, and now, her husband that she even came to care for. Maybe she wouldn't forgive him, but he had to be there for the sake of their son.

Lightning and Caius's pain in this story is just... tragic. I... there's just so much more I wish to say, but this is really lengthy by now. But know this, Nirianne. This was absolutely beautiful, finished or not. And I know it seems two years old, but I still happen to come back from time to time again when I get bored.
Sometimes I can't bring myself to write reviews cause I'm... lazy? I finished this awhile back, but I still come back to read it almost everyday!

In all, Nirianne, this is very memorable, and I'm glad I read it awhile back. Whether this sad tale will be continued, it was beautiful and very unforgettable.

I love your work, and you're on my favorites. My feelings for this story can't be fully expressed in this one review, but that familiar feel of the characters' pain comes back whenever I reread a few chapters of my favorite.
This may have been an experiment, but I take it as a beautiful story regardless of the canon story now that LR has been out for some time by now. Thank you for placing this romance tragedy on . It is astonishing in every way. :) ~ FantasyWriting
Guest chapter 29 . 7/7/2015
...
Uh.. So is this the last chapter or...?
devilchild1000 chapter 29 . 5/24/2015
please update soon!
CrystariaMoon chapter 29 . 5/2/2015
Earlier in the story, you said you got your ideas mostly from dreams. That's the same way I get my ideas. I'm still trying to decide if this story made me hate Caius more, or respect him. Either way, you constructed a beautiful story with a well developed background. Your chapters flowed well and without a stumble. I must tell you, few people I have read from have the confidence to write their ideas. The story you have written (whether completed or not) has inspired me to finally type my four-year project of writing my story. One of the best online works I've read.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/6/2014
Hi! I like ya story! 33 can ya please write more stories about caius & lightning? Whoever ya r please add my Facebook profile ( Ayin Hee )
CrystariumRose chapter 29 . 3/24/2014
Was lazy to log in. Anywho.

GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLL. THIS CHAPTER. My poor little feels. That's a feels trip right.
You need to name the baby fool. I mean at this point Light and Caius should have gave the baby a name by now. Lol go with Meeka ;D you know where that is from. Unless you forgot lol. At first I was happy that Caius decided to stay and protect Light and their son. I could imagine the baby's room . . so cute and all them stuff ;3; 3 babbyyy.

Literally yelled out 'Noooo' when Caius cast the sleep spell on Light and decided to go and fight Noel & Serah. Right in the feels.

Ughhh..I hate Chaos Yeul. WHAT DID SHE CAST ON THE BABY?! WOMAN TELL?! -shakes you-

Though what's worst was for Light seeing Caius die in her arms and he went up to the light. WHY YOU MUST DO THIS TO ME?!

-shakes you-
Lotusbitch chapter 29 . 3/19/2014
So the story has finally come to an end now :(

Caius meets his end where he atones for his sins, where he is also free from his fate called “Immortality”. Although he has said that he has felt remorse for all the things he has done, he can never undo it since Light has been ruined by him. Including his loyalty to Yeul, which was also twisted by his first love which showed the reason why he became what he was and why his actions were evil.

At first, I loved him when he was being all aggressive when he took over Light. But when he went a little too far without being accounted for his ways I felt that he needed to be punished for it lol

But when I read his past about why he has become what he is, I felt sorry for him. And now that he has passed away, I felt that he did something unforgivable yet at the same time I felt that it was right for some weird reason. I don't know why, but maybe because he has never been selfless enough or because he wanted Light to acknowledge him. Perhaps their relationship was non-consensual, Light was already affected by since they have become family with their newborn son. But I know that someday, they will survive without Caius and Light will one day regain her lost life and past with the rest of her friends as well as her sister.

So thank you very much Nasa for all your time, effort, and hard work for creating and sharing these wonderful chapters for us. It has been a blast. Looking forward to read your next future fanfics and sequels ;)
Warrior of Spectra chapter 29 . 3/16/2014
...Must not cry...must not cry...must not...(tears overwhelm) dang it...T_T

Just when they started to seemingly care about each other! Now the son won't have a father...

Like I keep telling you, you do a good job at making me cry in this fic...keep up the good work...CaiusXLightning forever!
Cascade00 chapter 29 . 3/15/2014
So sad. Had me in tears. But I'm going to hope that Caius will be back. I just know it. He s too good to die.
i chapter 29 . 3/15/2014
Time to tak about the best by far chapter of Heir To Chaos.
Welcome back Nirianne. Much time passed since you updated this last, but I never thought you were about to give up. This chapter not only made up for the long time, but I said, for me, it's by far the best chapter in the story, and by far one of the most emotional chapters of all times, counting up the stories I have read myself.
Here is the big twich.
Lightning finally accepts her fate. Initially, and until she is to close her eyes, she was dreaming of a new world where ''no chaos, no evil'' will stand and poison humanity. She wished to give up her heart to Etro and live like that for her son -her everything.
But Caius came up and finally phrased to Lightning his realisation of his very sins. I could feel Light's anger pouring out of myself, but at the same time the fear about Caius' fate. The way you presented their characters, their deeper secrets, their deeper emotions and desires was absolutely not just breathtaking for me. Reading this chapter was strong and intense and that intensity, honestly, I haven't found it in many stories.
I marvel your talent, I marvel your work.
Every side of this story seems now to bloom, the fiinal turn of the couple was made upon the moment Light soothed down herself and demanded from Caius to stay with their son -with her... in secret.
The moment when she just appeared, dashed and grabbed the blade to save him.
But at the same time...
... a new plot seems making up its dawn.
The Savior... what is she gong to do? To save the world? Or her son?
I don't know if you plan opening a new story (I want maddly this to happen myself) but I adored one more thing:
The story had reached sometime its peak, (at least for me) but you wanted to happen this way. The twist of things was beautiful. Caius lies down dead. Lightning spreaded out a monologue which breaks hearts and I've no comment to make on it. Chaos Yeul does her part about the world's destruction.
I don't know if this is the end. But for me it's like an opening to a new dream.
I don't know when the next chapter will be...
... but I guess I should try to not die by a breaking heart longing to read the continuation of it.
* Once I began reading this, I remembered the feeling falling in love with this story since I found it first. Well I relived this feeling and it was beyond imagination.
And I want to thank you for that.