Reviews for Basement Therapy
flootzavut chapter 1 . 11/3/2013
You have Tony's inner voice down so well, it's almost painful.

Gibbs would definitely understand...
Long Live BRUCAS chapter 1 . 4/15/2013
HA! Perfect way for Tony to get his anger out.
DS2010 chapter 1 . 3/28/2012
well done therapy session.
diana teo chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
The imagery of the smells and sounds in the basement,nice...

Tony griping about the grumpy guests,his Dad,the deposit and ring,great details...

Liked the last bit,too,of course... ;)
Dixie Dewdrop chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
The entire basement scene was good and had detail, but I thought that the couple of lines to conclude were awkward. It goes from this deep psychological picture to a hurried ending of five sentences:

"After about 20 minutes of beating the crap out of a punching bag at the NCIS gym, Tony still feels like his heart has been ripped out of his chest, but he's simply too exhausted to care anymore, at least for the time being. He doesn't tell the boss that he's been imagining Wendy's smug face on that punching bag with every swing, but Gibbs knows. He's been there.

Three times."
Phosphorescent chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
I can definitely see something like this happening; Tony pouring his feelings out (and wishing he could stop the whole time), while Gibbs provides him with quiet understanding and tough love. I also like the fact that you've included all of those nitty-gritty real life details that come along with a last-minute cancelled wedding: grumpy relatives, unrefundable honeymoon tickets and reservations, etc. Of course, none of those consequences seem to have been as lasting for Tony the emotional ones.

My favorite section:

'Tony watches quietly for some time, taking in the dim light, the pungent smell of sawdust and oil, listening intently to the "swishing" sound of the sanding block and the static emanating from the transistor radio in the corner. He's never been subjected to torture, but this is pretty much how he imagines it must feel. Slow...unrelenting...maddening.' [Excellent imagery.]
WinglessBird chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
Great story- in character and amazing writing. I like how you portrayed Gibbs. Well done!
Meilea2010 chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
Figured that it was either Wendy or Ziva. Not knowing at the very beginning just when it took place. Poor Tony. Damn that woman pulling that crap on Tony. Then his father acting like he did, what an ass. That was the last thing Tony needed right now. Fantastic story.
scousemuz1k chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
Wow, he's already saying 'loved' in the past tense and punching her out... I've not met her yet, but you don't like her, do you?

binkeybella chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
yes, Wendy would have stood Tony up AFTER he came to work for Gibbs, I never thought about that fact, and that Gibbs would be there to 'pick up the pieces' in his own unique style, whether he really wanted to or not. Thanks for writing and posting!