Reviews for The Fallout
Guest chapter 1 . 8/5/2014
THese stories are never that good because your trying to take something that is clearly beckett's fault and have her trying to spin it around on Castle.
Guest chapter 2 . 6/23/2014
I have absolutely so sympathy for Beckett whatsoever. She obviously had no problems teasing Castle then going home to have sex with Josh. She spent a year with him yet I'm suppose to believe she cares about Castle. I don't think so. I know Castle is an idiot, for starters, he should have dropped Beckett the moment he found out about Josh. It's ridiculous that he has to wait a 18 months for her when she couldn't wait 3 months before she jumped into bed with Josh. Yet Castle is suppose to put his life on hold because of her issues. Not buying it. My only issue with Castle is that he should have moved on with a woman of success and never returned back to the precinct. Beckett does not want him, will never love him, let alone treat him with any respect. She's a lost cause.
GT500RonSmith chapter 2 . 4/14/2014
This story was excellent!

A/N was pretty good, too!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/26/2014
Not to into stories where something that's clearly Kate's fault for the most part get's flipped around to somehow become Castle's fault. With a lack of evidense to back it up.
Ashes2Ashes121 chapter 2 . 1/15/2014
When Castle and Beckett began a serious relationship on screen, I was kinda disappointed. I mean, yeah, I wanted them to be together, and I was happy that they had finally managed to do it, but one of the biggest draws for me in this series was the drama in their relationship. It was always there, even if only in the smallest of words or gestures, from season 1. Now they were actually together and I was like, 'Great, they've magically resolved all of their issues and the series from this point on is going to be a giant sappy love fest.' But you've redeemed my faith! Instead of going from cold to hot, like they do all too often in canon, you have them seriously talking about their issues and actively trying to make the relationship work. This should have been an episode. All we got to see was them arguing, then eventually having sex, and immediately afterward skipping to happy boyfriend/girlfriend territory. This is what was missing from those scenes, and I am now personally counting it as part of my own headcanon.
Habita chapter 2 . 3/10/2013
I feel like reading post-"47 seconds" today and this one is different of what I have been reading. I really like it :) I think you did a good job. Thanks a lot for sharing!
lazupri chapter 2 . 10/31/2012
I really think this fic did exactly what you meant it to do. Like you said, it’s a reaction piece. I can see Beckett reacting this way. Doesn’t have to mean she’s right, or anything—though she may well be. But when people react, it’s rarely rational (though there’s often a measure of truth in what they say). And when they’re hurt, the easiest thing to do is to lash out and hurt the person that hurt them.

That’s what Castle did at the end of 47 Seconds and in Limey, and it’s what you had Beckett do in part one of this fic. (I realize Beckett’s reaction is much like your own, initially, and I think that makes for a truer emotional reaction in the fic, if that makes sense.)

I agree that Castle’s reaction was immature, but I think it was justified, too. Like you said in your author’s note, his pain was very real and he reacted in a way that was consistent with his character. Yes, he’s grown up a lot, but he regressed when hit with a huge whammy. That’s so very common for people to do. I’m glad you had Beckett recognize that he was falling back on his own coping mechanisms. Obviously he needs healthier ones, but still.

I am kind of interested in how you would have written part two had you not reconsidered. Just curious where you wanted to take this initially. But I really liked what you ended up doing with it!
student chapter 2 . 6/19/2012
it's a pretty good fanfic. of course, you had me at the line "you're the only one" :)
Deb838 chapter 2 . 4/28/2012
I loved the angst in this - the way you portrayed it was really well done.

The scene in the hallway - perfect
Theresa chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
Well, you definitely have a point here! Kate has every right to be angry, Castle doesn't show any trust in her or their future, he doesn't ask, doesn't fight, just assumes, gives up, and runs, like he always does. Man up Castle, really. I'm hoping that he will come to his senses in The Limey, to be fair, all we've seen so far is his immediate reaction.
Prairie Song chapter 2 . 3/28/2012
"Powerful" If I had to use one word to describe this story that's the one.

This is a well written, character driven story. It doesn't matter whether you feel more empathy for Rick or for Kate.

I felt very sad for Rick finding out the way he did about Kate's

secret but I was also angry that instead of talking or even yelling about it with Kate he discussed it with Martha.

It was also breaking my heart that Kate has no idea at this time why he is acting this way and she looked so hopeful when she asked him what he wanted to talk about when the case was over. Then when he said "nothing important" she just had a sort of lost look.

I think you presented both sides remarkably well and still stayed within character. Thank you for sharing this. :)
I'm Widget chapter 2 . 3/28/2012
I love that he came back for her. That he waited. So THEM.
samlis chapter 2 . 3/28/2012
I loved it! Best post-ep fic so far. Thank you for Kate's POV. I really don't understand why people assume she'd feel guilty when all she knows is that Castle is angry. If someone is angry with me with no reasone, I would get mad, not feeling guilty. And his behavior in the promo... Well, I agree with everything you said in AN. I'm not Beckett, but I had this kind of relationship. And both chapters look very believable and realistic. Thank you for writing it.
castlebeckett siempre chapter 2 . 3/28/2012
excellent :), thank you very much for writing chapter
polrobin chapter 2 . 3/28/2012
Lovely job. Very true to their voice.