Reviews for Colours
anon chapter 1 . 9/10/2013
aw... that was so sad! But I had never seen Glimmer in that light before, so thank you for a wonderful fic.
YOhan chapter 1 . 5/3/2013
poor glimmer i always saw her as an evil career, but now i feel sorry for her. STUPID KATNISS!
HybridsRose chapter 1 . 4/23/2013
Wow, this story is incredibly heartbreaking to read, and it really captures Glimmer.

I've always thought she's more then just a sexual object, and I get seriously pissed when I read fanfictions where Glimmer is portrayed as just a weak girl who has nothing on her mind then s*x, but this fanfiction totally brought out the other aspect of her that I so wanted to read. (But I just couldn't find any other fanfiction that portrayed her in this light).

Once again, I like the format to this story. The theme of the colours, the definitions and especially the last part. It's really sad as it brings the story together.

I think you're a really good writer, and you're really good at characterizing people, and really fleshing them out. Especially the minor characters, so congratulations on that!
AutumnWillow18 chapter 1 . 4/16/2013
i love it!
Zelda12343 chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
This was a brilliant story-telling device, using colors. And it provided a very deep look at Glimmer. Nice job!
Luke777 chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
At the beginning, I thought the idea with the colors was interesting, but I haven't really seen the reason behind choosing this kind of narrative. But with the final flashback, it all fell together in a very clever way. Although this was a really sad story…
Obiwanlivesforever chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
This was so sad. :( The ending was especially cruel - I thought it would end with the green grass and Adin comforting her, but then it all faded to black. Even in the last moments of her life, she was told she was nothing more than an object.

Wonderful insight into Glimmer's character. I loved the usage of colors, especially how there were two definitions - one more positive, one more negative - for each one. Fantastic job!
Glimmer Green Eyes chapter 1 . 4/7/2012
Awwww :3 I was in tears...I LOVE IT! xP
Martin chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
A really creative idea for a fic, and well crafted. A Glimmer this thoroughly developed is practically an OC, given how little we have to go on from the book, but I thought it was all plausible and convincing. Well done. If there's anything bad, in my opinion it's that the use of color was a too heavy-handed. I'm confident you could have gotten the themes and symbolism across without being so blunt.
Zeviz chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
I like how you structured her entire life around definitions of colors.
My Name is Me chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
Why on Earth does this not have more reviews?

Seriously. I lied. I went to your story about Blight and I said that it was my favorite one-shot. I'm a liar. Because this is as good, if not better. Absolutely brilliant. I brought this to dinner with me and got yelled at because I could not stop reading. I'll review more later, but this was fantastic.
Aurora-Borealis Coyote chapter 1 . 3/28/2012
This was gorgeous and heartbreaking...I've always liked Glimmer and I feel like it's easy to overlook her or oversimplify her. But I love how you examined all aspects of her life and personality and character...I think the last line really hits it on the mark, on what it was to not just be a Career, but to be Glimmer, the girl who was basically remembered for her looks and killing and dying. You truly breathed life into her. :)
Tiny Bluebird chapter 1 . 3/28/2012
Oh my gosh, that was AMAZING!

I just loved all the descriptions of colours and how it related to that particular part in the story. . . so amazing.

It was so beautiful, I actually adored it!

Thank you greatly for the amazing story!
Retrak52-IAmOmicron chapter 1 . 3/28/2012
Beautifully written! Loved it! It's another favorite!
littlemisslovelygood chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
i loved how your portrayed glimmer. you really made her human. she is often over-looked and thought of as only one more death, an object and not so much a person with a life and a story. well done :)