Reviews for The Lioness and the Wolf
The Crystal Rose chapter 50 . 10/7
mille libri chapter 50 . 3/15
And we've come to the end - or I have, rather. I enjoyed it very much.
mille libri chapter 49 . 3/15
I liked not only Arielle's generous gift, but Anders's knee-jerk first reaction being to feel bereft of his last friend - after such a long time, being alone in his own body must feel strange, and to have to deal with that on top of his other great loss ... it's almost enough to make me feel sad for him, and that comes a pretty far way for me!
mille libri chapter 48 . 3/15
What a dark thing for them all to face on homecoming - figuratively as well as literally.
mille libri chapter 47 . 3/15
I'm glad Hawke was there to ease Anders' guilt and to hopefully keep him from doing anything too foolish, and I very much liked Sebastian's interaction with Areille - his sincere belief seems to have given her the calm she needed to look at her future objectively.
mille libri chapter 46 . 3/15
Oh, man. That wasn't what I was expecting at all, and yet I really should have been - Anders' and Arielle's happiness was too fragile with Justice still lurking there. I don't know what Anders will do from here, if he'll lose everything in his guilt and despair or if he'll overcome, and I really like that you've built the story to the point where I can legitimately believe he could to either way.
mille libri chapter 45 . 3/15
You can feel everything coming together - both couples have come to a point of mutual support and understanding and now they're building toward the final showdown.
Absolutely the best. Hope there is a sequel
mille libri chapter 43 . 1/9
Poor Fenris, that ritual has to have been overwhelming, especially as the full brunt of the restored memories hits him.
mille libri chapter 41 . 12/26/2015
Wow, that's a twist! I can't wait to see where that amulet takes them and why it was there, and see them all fight a dragon.
mille libri chapter 40 . 12/7/2015
That speech of Fenris's was perfect for him, absolutely beautiful.
mille libri chapter 39 . 11/17/2015
Glad to see everyone coming together and working toward answers. I sympathized with Hawke's dilemma, needing to tell Fenris what she knows but not wanting to do so in front of others.
mille libri chapter 38 . 11/11/2015
Ah, I was hoping that was where Fenris was going. That makes me smile.
orangeflavor chapter 50 . 11/7/2015
Wow. Just. Wow. Somehow, even with Arielle's death, even with all the unanswered questions and open-ended possibility with Danarius, you've managed to give this piece a sense of closure. Maybe because it's like Hawke said, Arielle lived and she loved. And that's what this story was about. It wasn't about foiling the warden plans or Danarius' dealings or even the mage/templar conflict. It was about one woman coming to terms with her life and her past and her future, short but fulfilling as it may be.

This has been a wonderful, action-packed, emotionally thrilling adventure. You've captured the life and love of these characters so beautifully. Thank you so much for writing this! You are beyond amazing.
orangeflavor chapter 49 . 11/7/2015
AVELINEEEEEEEEEE! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I realized right as I sent my last review that I missed Aveline's name in the end there and now I'm just OH MY GOD THE GRIEF I CANNOT

God. I mean, you know how much I love her. Just...give me a minute, or a week, or something. Oh god it hurts. *ugly sobbing*

But then the epicness of this chapter is beyond words. The fight with Orsino, the back and forth arguing with Meredith and Hawke and Cullen and everyone, and the heightened tension and explosive conflict. Just...just amazing.

And ARIELLE! I mean, geez, what a way to go. The whole culmination of that ending was brilliant and perfect and I hate that she's dead now after everything she's gone through but you couldn't ahve sent her off better. Saving everyone, and curing Anders of the taint and Justice. I cannot even explain to you how much in love with this I am right now. And I'm seriously wondering how you're going to finish this in the next chapter. Because Anders is just so broken now, and the city is in pieces and Maker, I just...I can't. I simply can't with this.

You have blown me away.