Reviews for A Love That Will Never Grow Old
Twist Del Mar chapter 1 . 4/14/2014
I couldn't agree more. This is exactly how i feel after watching this heart-wrenching film. Like they say, we fail to realize what we had until it's finally lost. After losing, then comes regret.
I wanted to hate Ennis too but at the same time I kinda want to understand what he's actually going through. Childhood memories especially traumas can really influence you later in life whether you realize it or not. Ennis is insecure internally and hides it with a thick outer shell. I don't think Ennis is confused about his feelings and love towards Jack at all. He's just fighting with himself to keep their love out of the eyes of society.
But something good I like to notice is that you see Ennis cries a lot more than Jack in the film, even after you count off his crying scenes after Jack's death (in Jack's room and his trailer closet). And Jack is always the one who holds and calms Ennis down saying it's alright. It shows that apart form Jack who's always suffering from Ennis' declination, Ennis too is suffering he had to decline Jack all the time. To make worst, his life hasn't been quite fulfilling and easy either because he's still broke all the time, unlike Jack. I know he really and deeply wanted that sweet life with Jack, but decides there is that 'thing' that makes it impossible.
Thinking of the 'If's and how we want it to be definitely depresses you even more. It's a one shot film, and no matter how depressing it may make us, we have to live with that. There's no way a sequel would fit in.
But what I had in mind is that maybe, just maybe, eventually Ennis cuts a part of both of the shirts (probably the sleeve) and burn it to be scattered at Brokeback Mountain. To fullfill Jacks' wish and immortalize their love that never grew old. But on the second thought, having the shirt hung together like that with the postcard would actually do i guess.
ActingLikeGarfieldOnaMonday chapter 1 . 8/31/2013
As sad as this was, I am very glad that you wrote this. It was something I think everybody wishes that Ennis had thought. (Or at least we'd all like to think that he felt that way) you did a really good job and I can't wait to read more of your work!
grieving-pln chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
My god, that was beautiful. Truly heartbreaking. Thank you so much for writing and posting.
jessie 33 chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
Wonderful one shot so sad, but so well written. That scene was sad, thanks for sharing your wonderful story with us.
avatar2012 chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
Now is this your first fanfic on here? If so very good job. If not then I definitely need to go read your other stuff. Very good job, I liked it and thought you did good. Can't wait to read more from you!