Reviews for By a Fraction of a Degree
AlphaEN chapter 92 . 1/20
Thank you for the epic read. This fix has filled in the blanks better than Advent Children, and I got to read Zack's living, too. Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forestall my return...
AlphaEN chapter 91 . 1/20
Reminds me of a scene where Aerith and Zack part from Cloud and walk away into the light.
AlphaEN chapter 81 . 1/20
Hard to believe Cloud still acts the way he does after everything he and Zack have been through. A note: it's unclear if Cloud and Tifa r together? He has moved in, but seems it's a separate office? Not sure what's up with this couple, I thought they shared a significant moment (night on the couch at the lodge).
AlphaEN chapter 63 . 1/19
Oh, sometimes when Genesis soeaks in verses I can't hold it together, man.
AlphaEN chapter 38 . 1/18
No hate, just don't kill Zack off. Poor guy, always helping and saving others, now it's time for others to save him.
AlphaEN chapter 34 . 1/17
Beautifully written chapter. Love Zack and Aerith's interaction as always. Feelers for Zack, his torment is of another kind than that of Cloud, but severe nevertheless, and he hardly ever shows how badly he is hurting.
AlphaEN chapter 11 . 1/16
Awww, what a scene to conclude the chapter with: Zack in safety with his two most important people by his side(s) ;)
AlphaEN chapter 8 . 1/16
Awesome fight sequences you write!
AlphaEN chapter 4 . 1/16
What a beautiful interaction between the two friends. Love your version of Zack, smart, kind, intelligent, and so sensitive toward his friend yet not overwhelmingly so. The way he treats Cloud, helps him and protects the kid only makes Zack a bigger man.
StarTrail chapter 92 . 11/14/2015
Oh my god, this story was such an amazing read! I loved how you managed to change everything so completely with Zack but at the same time so much still played out exactly the same XD this is one of those stories where you look at it and go: why couldn't this be how it actually happened?
Guest chapter 46 . 8/9/2015
Geostigma starting up already?
Guest chapter 73 . 7/17/2015
Generals Kant and Nietzsche? Wasn't Immuanel Kant the philosopher who talked about life being "nasty, brutish, and short"? Nietzsche was the one who said that "when you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back into you".
Guest chapter 58 . 4/1/2015
Everytime I read the part with Vincent's dress up, I always end up bursting into laughter. Such a good part of such an awesome and great story!
NocturneX chapter 92 . 3/16/2015
I have to admit, your story inspired me to use "Shotgun" as my extra female Turk character in my own "butterfly-effect" story. Before Crisis is incredibly fun source material to work with, and it's a pity the game never saw any initial release in the U.S. Maybe in a couple years for the 20th anniversary.
Anyway, you managed to make Freya/Freyra/Shotgun's death every bit as powerful as Aerith's was in the original game. You were able to perfectly preserve that same bittersweet victory that you feel while playing the original game, which is summed up perfectly in Cait Sith's fortune: "What you pursue will be yours, but you will lose something dear." That takes a lot of talent. I'm rather surprised your reviews aren't numbering into the 1000's range, especially since this is a completed work.
Your taking Avalanche and morphing it into something completely different was genius. I can't help but notice that whenever Zack survives in a fanfiction, he ends up bringing together a lot more people to help Cloud and co. out. The original game killed off a lot of important roles: the magnetic hero(Zack), the wise, serious veteran(Angeal), the technology genius(Jessie) and the healer(Aerith). The survival of three of those people really turned the story on its head, and I liked that a lot. I also commend you for your attention to detail regarding the altered timeline. Priscilla being killed was tragic, but inevitable with Cloud not being there on the day she was attacked by that monster.
I hope you write another story one day, but can understand if you're probably wanting to rest right now. You worked hard on this masterpiece, and I salute you.
WatWriting chapter 92 . 2/28/2015
I remember finding this fanfiction while it was still only a couple chapters in and thinking it sounded pretty cool. I don't know how, but I didn't read it, probably because I just assumed it would follow the same path that all interesting-ish fanfiction goes: not update (notmentioningmyowntrackrecord).
Surprise surprise when I found it 3 days ago and ended up binge reading it all.
It was, well, pretty cool! It kept me interested, the original characters weren't too overbearing, and I have nothing against the "everyone lives" (mostly) path the story took.