Reviews for By a Fraction of a Degree
Triforce Dragons chapter 92 . 16h
This story was amazing! Took me almost two weeks to finish reading it!
selenityshiroi chapter 58 . 1/9
OMG...I have no idea if you still even look at comments on your fic, but I just want to applaud you fo this chapter. I started reading this fic because I was in a really FFVII mood but didn't have time to play the game (but somehow thought that reading 570k of fic would be less time consuming...). I've since been absolutely absorbed in this fic and have greatly been enjoying the way you have twisted the events of the original game around the small changes you made and watched the way the ripples have spread. But the MOMENT Don Corneo was mentioned I all of a sudden knew what was coming and I spent the next few paragraphs in joyful anticipation until Cloud stepped out in full crossdressing regalia. I was cackling with joy because I can't wait until that section of the game is in the remake in full HD glory. But then, oh, then your full genius was revealed. Because then Vincent stepped out. And then my year was made.
Guest chapter 45 . 6/23/2017
Really, that Butterfly Theory... Just finished Part II, and at the start of the interlude... Nice fic. Gotta be reading this when I'm not on Lux duty(KHUχ JP Version)...
Guest chapter 88 . 2/6/2017
I found your story accidentally only recently. Your composition is much better than most fanfiction I've seen, but I would suggest being less wordy. This is much too long for this type of writing; try cutting out so much detail. I write for a living and teach English. My publisher is always fussing at me about too much detail. I've learned to "pack a punch" in fewer words. Readers today want less dialogue and more action. Final Fantasy had already a lot of characters and a rather difficult storyline without adding so much more plus even more characters. I stuck through your story, but could skip over much, even whole chaptes, and still know what was going on in your plot. Perhaps you are a Zack fan, but his death is essential to Cloud's development. Poor Cloud came off as something of a whimp, in my opinion. You added so much to Zack's story to glorify him while stripping away at Final Fantasy's legendary hero, Cloud Strife. Cloud took on the Remnant by himself and, he alone, defeated Sephiroth.
AlphaEN chapter 92 . 1/20/2016
Thank you for the epic read. This fix has filled in the blanks better than Advent Children, and I got to read Zack's living, too. Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forestall my return...
AlphaEN chapter 91 . 1/20/2016
Reminds me of a scene where Aerith and Zack part from Cloud and walk away into the light.
AlphaEN chapter 81 . 1/20/2016
Hard to believe Cloud still acts the way he does after everything he and Zack have been through. A note: it's unclear if Cloud and Tifa r together? He has moved in, but seems it's a separate office? Not sure what's up with this couple, I thought they shared a significant moment (night on the couch at the lodge).
AlphaEN chapter 63 . 1/19/2016
Oh, sometimes when Genesis soeaks in verses I can't hold it together, man.
AlphaEN chapter 38 . 1/18/2016
No hate, just don't kill Zack off. Poor guy, always helping and saving others, now it's time for others to save him.
AlphaEN chapter 34 . 1/17/2016
Beautifully written chapter. Love Zack and Aerith's interaction as always. Feelers for Zack, his torment is of another kind than that of Cloud, but severe nevertheless, and he hardly ever shows how badly he is hurting.
AlphaEN chapter 11 . 1/16/2016
Awww, what a scene to conclude the chapter with: Zack in safety with his two most important people by his side(s) ;)
AlphaEN chapter 8 . 1/16/2016
Awesome fight sequences you write!
AlphaEN chapter 4 . 1/16/2016
What a beautiful interaction between the two friends. Love your version of Zack, smart, kind, intelligent, and so sensitive toward his friend yet not overwhelmingly so. The way he treats Cloud, helps him and protects the kid only makes Zack a bigger man.
StarTrail chapter 92 . 11/14/2015
Oh my god, this story was such an amazing read! I loved how you managed to change everything so completely with Zack but at the same time so much still played out exactly the same XD this is one of those stories where you look at it and go: why couldn't this be how it actually happened?
Guest chapter 46 . 8/9/2015
Geostigma starting up already?