Reviews for By a Fraction of a Degree
Everytime I read the part with Vincent's dress up, I always end up bursting into laughter. Such a good part of such an awesome and great story!
NocturneX chapter 92 . 3/16
I have to admit, your story inspired me to use "Shotgun" as my extra female Turk character in my own "butterfly-effect" story. Before Crisis is incredibly fun source material to work with, and it's a pity the game never saw any initial release in the U.S. Maybe in a couple years for the 20th anniversary.
Anyway, you managed to make Freya/Freyra/Shotgun's death every bit as powerful as Aerith's was in the original game. You were able to perfectly preserve that same bittersweet victory that you feel while playing the original game, which is summed up perfectly in Cait Sith's fortune: "What you pursue will be yours, but you will lose something dear." That takes a lot of talent. I'm rather surprised your reviews aren't numbering into the 1000's range, especially since this is a completed work.
Your taking Avalanche and morphing it into something completely different was genius. I can't help but notice that whenever Zack survives in a fanfiction, he ends up bringing together a lot more people to help Cloud and co. out. The original game killed off a lot of important roles: the magnetic hero(Zack), the wise, serious veteran(Angeal), the technology genius(Jessie) and the healer(Aerith). The survival of three of those people really turned the story on its head, and I liked that a lot. I also commend you for your attention to detail regarding the altered timeline. Priscilla being killed was tragic, but inevitable with Cloud not being there on the day she was attacked by that monster.
I hope you write another story one day, but can understand if you're probably wanting to rest right now. You worked hard on this masterpiece, and I salute you.
WatWriting chapter 92 . 2/28
I remember finding this fanfiction while it was still only a couple chapters in and thinking it sounded pretty cool. I don't know how, but I didn't read it, probably because I just assumed it would follow the same path that all interesting-ish fanfiction goes: not update (notmentioningmyowntrackrecord).
Surprise surprise when I found it 3 days ago and ended up binge reading it all.
It was, well, pretty cool! It kept me interested, the original characters weren't too overbearing, and I have nothing against the "everyone lives" (mostly) path the story took.
Dammitttttttt... and i thought things would turn out good for Kunsel this time... plus I kinda liked the fem Turk
Dammit you killed off the turkette :'(
Overkill. Genesis could solo Weiss and Nero if Nero doesn't use his dark mist-y thing
Sephiroth, Angeal, Genesis, Cloud, Zack, and Vincent vs Weiss, Nero, Shelke, Argento, Rosso, and Azul, who would win?
Guest chapter 92 . 11/26/2014
I just love this so, so, SO much. Wish it was a real thing, except that I wanted Freya to continue to live. You made her my favorite BC Turk, and your choice of her name suits her perfectly.
SkipChanDesu chapter 39 . 9/23/2014
I really hope Kunsel and Freya get together. They "look" cute together :p
And that last scene made me laugh so hard xD
SkipChanDesu chapter 36 . 9/16/2014
SkipChanDesu chapter 27 . 9/4/2014
Kunsel and Freya? I love the idea of those two together :3
SkipChanDesu chapter 25 . 8/29/2014
Poor Barret... But I laughed when he got transformed into a frog xD
And you did a goojd job with Zack's parents
SkipChanDesu chapter 22 . 8/26/2014
I loved the "Mr. Vampire" part. Love Yuffie and Vincent :p
I feel bad for Cissnei, though...

I'm enjoying your story a lot, so far. You write very well, the way you describe the situations and the surroundings. Great job :)
Tashasaurous chapter 92 . 8/26/2014
I love this story so much! Please do more Final Fantasy VII stories!