Reviews for Beat Still
ankellysaurus chapter 2 . 9/10/2012
Wow, every time I read this chapter I can't help but just sit and stare at it for a while. It's so good. Worth's being all morbid and serious for once and it's kind of sad but it's also like, BEAUTIFUL. I'm just like, Worth really DOES have emotions. Also the last line is super badass and I love it.
Guest chapter 2 . 7/19/2012
Wow, that was kind of beautiful. The last few lines of that chapter especially were really nice. I love this.
leaky.oven chapter 4 . 6/7/2012
Gaaaah, how I love this series.

You do atmosphere and character and UST so VERY well, and your spooky places are legitimately creepy. I find myself getting shivers reading these stories, and that's proof of some impressive authorial talent right thar.
Cacodaemonia chapter 6 . 5/22/2012
Oh man, do you have any idea how happy I was when I saw new chapters in my inbox? SO. HAPPY. Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately) I didn't type comments while I was reading, so this love letter will likely be shorter than usual. ;)

First, the flashback is awesome. Love it to pieces. I know I've said before how much I adore these little snippets of "normal' life, but, yeah. They're awesome. This one made me feel warm and fuzzy inside!

As for the last chapter of Beat Still... whoa. It was so emotionally draining, and not for reasons that I expected. I had no clue that shit was going to go down between Worth and Hanna, of all people, but it makes complete sense. I mean, after a while, Worth was bound to do something that was really going to make Hanna's Super-Conscience freak out. The reason why Worth went back to the mansion and the fact that he didn't really expect to come out of there alive makes it even more poignant. Booyyyysssss, you need to like, have a group hug or something. All of you. With puppies and cotton candy and daises. ;;

Oh, and the fight with Adelaide! Scary and nerve-wracking, and yay Connie! I loved the concussed smooch. :D

I should mention that I'm always DYING to know what Conrad's thoughts are like through all your Apocafics. I mean, since Worth is such an emotional tard and Conrad is so neurotic, it's a little hard to figure out what's going on in the latter's head. Probably all kinds of 'WTF.' ;)

Loooooved this, as always! Thank you so much for sharing it with us!
darkbangle chapter 6 . 5/22/2012
I guess Hanna will just have to settle for some rad bromances. :P Conrad's angry sashaying and Worth's line about ... being Hanna's "corpse bride" had me giggling like mad. It was a nice bit of silliness to end this rather serious fic. Welp, till next time.
JustAHappyMask chapter 5 . 5/21/2012
This was so incredibly amazing. I've been waiting for it for so long, and it was so worth the wait. I absolutely love the way you write them all, the way you write this story, all of your stories, in such a way that makes it seem so real. Fantastic job. Well done
darkbangle chapter 5 . 5/20/2012
So, Adelaide is dead (ding-dong, the bitch is dead!), Worth kissed Conrad (*squee*x10,000), and none of the boys were irreparably damaged (huzzah!). I'm counting this one as a victory. Mostly.

Hanna... It's like, jeezy-creezy kid, I know they were young, but they weren't exactly innocents. They'd made their choice and Worth did not have time to mess around with being nice. It was not a luxury he had. And being nice and moral is a luxury, something a lot of people today don't seem to get. But I guess that is why we love Hanna; he's one of those rare people who will actually try to do the "right thing" in those kinds of situations, no matter how misguided and troublesome that is. *le sigh*

Also, while Worth *did* kiss Connie, he didn't exactly confess, did he? Does Conrad know that he actually likes him, or does he think that Worth was just screwing with him again? (I could see Conrad punching him either way, so that's no help. :P )

Anywho, this review is getting kind of long, so I think I'll wrap this up by saying I've *really* enjoyed this chapter (and the whole fic), just as I've enjoyed everything of yours that I've read. _ I'll be looking forward to reading more from you in the future. Till then.
The Great John Smith chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
When those two finally break their seal, it will be violent. And supremely sexy. This isn't over, is it?
Kohl chapter 5 . 5/20/2012
I'll start out by saying that waking up to see this fic updated? Completely awesome. But on that note, reading said update when you're still half asleep and your brain has yet to process that you aren't even in dreamland anymore? Kinda crazy. By which I mean I became a mess of emotions and couldn't quite discern up from down. (Granted, I'd be that way even if I had been fully awake. Being sleepy just multiplies it tenfold.)

This update was everything I could have hoped for and more.

Also, despite me being fully awake I've yet to get a handle on, well, anything. Easy thing to do would be to just squee over the kiss (follow-up punch and all. Oh, and that part about Worth feeling like he finally figured out how to start the car is probably my favorite line, by the way) but, goodness, there's so much else to focus on! And it's a little hard to squee because there seem to be so many references to Worth's mortality. Hm. Unpleasant thoughts.

But, yes! 'Nother wonderful update that totally made my day, so thank you for continuing to be all kinds of amazing.
Karma Kat 281 chapter 5 . 5/20/2012
ASDFGHJKL; They kissed! I can't believe it! But I'm kind of mad at Hanna, Worth was totally right. I would have killed them too. All the ConWorth moments were adorable! Thank you very much!
LoliPear the WaltzQueen chapter 5 . 5/20/2012
I am so happy that you updated! When the fight was going on, I was basically like all those men on TV watching boxing matches. I was all {Yeah, Worth get her!} and {Carve her face in!} and fists in the air. I have kind of come to accept that these two may never snog, but I'm okay with that. I enjoy this series so much. Apocalypse fics are so much fun. Especially when they're from you two!
yaoi-lover13 chapter 4 . 5/7/2012
Ahh, now I'm caught up and happy. I can't wait for the next chapter, the saga seems to just get better and better.

But goodness, I have to know if Connie is okay. I was wondering if Adelaide would ever pop in, and now she has! Perhaps Veser and Ples are next, eh? Now to double check the master list to make sure I've read everything.

Oh, on that note, the link to 'Thinking of You' isn't working. Perhaps I could entice another link from you?

Keep up the great work. I'm now considering myself a loyal fan.
LoliPear the WaltzQueen chapter 4 . 5/3/2012
Your writing is as great as ever. Don't die Conny! Worth had yet to force you to deal with all the UST!
xxSay chapter 4 . 4/28/2012
If you don't write more soon I think I will cry. I'm so invested in your story that it's eating up my school concentration time. Please think of this review as twenty favorites- I've lost my log-in or I'd do so personally.
MaySparrow chapter 4 . 4/25/2012
You little tease, you updated without my knowing! 3

I sincerely love these recent chapters-I was going to sleep when I saw them and I REFUSED to go to bed before I had finished.

First off.

okay now that's out of my system.

I wish I understood more about the God Stone-as it is I'm a little confused but that might be me not reading thoroughly, but I want to know moooooore.

Also the back-and-forth between Conrad and Worth is, as always, perfect, and I sort of wish I got why WORTH KEPT FREEZING UP DUDE CMON WHERE'S YOUR PAIR but he's an idiot and yanno w/e

the itch for more is horrible. I need Conrad to be okay. I need it. Please make it so.

Even if it means Worth gets bitten.

Especially if it means Worth gets bitten.