Reviews for The Moon Child's Ball
BeforeThePrologue chapter 1 . 8/19
Aw, is he going to make up with Ron though?
abby1006 chapter 2 . 7/26
There was no Quiditch during the Tri-Wizard Tournament. Oliver left Hogwarts at the end of the previous school year.
ObsessedWithHPFanFic chapter 13 . 6/24
Fun conversation between Umbridge and Harry. Thanks for sharing!
ObsessedWithHPFanFic chapter 12 . 6/24
Good chapter and interesting that Umbridge is in the story and with her same attitude it would seem. Thanks for sharing!
DylanL chapter 14 . 6/21
why was dumbledore so surprised that harry knew tom's name when harry learned from tom himself that his name is an anagram for voldemort and riddle's name was on the diary in second year. i also wonder why nicholas never took harry to the DoM like he said he would when harry first started training under him. speaking of divination, you said in the very first paragraph of chapter 13 that the flamel's insisted that harry take divination and astronomy, now you are saying they both think divination is a load of bull and harry is taking ancient runes, so which is it. wormtail was killed in the graveyard so how could he have been there with riddle, especially since harry had taken wormtails body with him as partial proof of sirius' innocence. also in that scene riddle says that he didnt want to do anything really public yet but it is too late for that since he attacked the weasly house on harry's birthday. i am also curious as to why sirius is signing his name as snuffles and people are using that name in public still after he was exonerated and compensated back in june. the biggest peeve i have with authors is a lack of consistency in their stories like the ones above. my other peeve with fanfiction authors is doing what you have done here, marking a story as complete when it isnt, i absolutely hate getting so deep into a story then having to wait around for the author to continue it, which is why i only read completed stories. you sould have put in the summary that it wasnt actually complete or sequel being written, something along those lines so ppl would know that it isnt actually complete even though you labeled it such.
DylanL chapter 13 . 6/21
how could neville beat harry and hermione to breakfast when he was still asleep when harry went for his shower. and why did it take hermione so long to sit too when she walked down with harry.
DylanL chapter 5 . 6/20
you know, i wonder why JK never had harry use that spell that he learned from riddle's diary in second year, against the spider in the maze. after all it worked well against the spiders in the forest after his talk with aragog. i also want to say that once again i would love the details of the shower scene.
DylanL chapter 4 . 6/20
your math is very wrong on the scores. you said they had a lead of 120 points before the ravenclaw beaters came back, so the gryffs had to have at least 270 points and that is if ravenclaw had no scores prior to the beater coming back and the gryffs not goals at all before harry caught the snitch after the ravenclaw beaters came back.
DylanL chapter 2 . 6/20
oliver graduated the previous year so woudnt be at hogwarts, and definitely wouldnt be the keeper or captain still. plus i would have loved to get the description of exactly what went on in that shower and if it had happened before. i am looking forward to how ginny is going to play in this story.
1shadowhides chapter 14 . 6/18
Ok, I just had to get this in before reading the rest. There is a portion of the poem Invictus that you have tastefully inserted with a not entirely correct attribution to the author. I have the theory that auto correct is somewhat at fault, but the poem was not written by Hemmingway. The author is William Ernest Henley. It is poem about stoicism and I feel it is a great representation of Harry. Its a shame you didn't use more.

And now that thats done I went and finished the rest of the chapter. The only comments I really have is on the plot points for Mr. Crispin. I see him in three avenues. The first is as presented: an ICW observer that was invited. In that case I see him as being a non-entity to the story who will have a few polite lines and no impact whatsoever. The second is as a spy for the continent, to keep tabs on the Supreme Mugwump in his home (I think he still is in your story, right?) From there his main purpose is to look at the army the government is raising as well as his private forces(The defense force and the Order respectively). This could prove a great plot point for the DA in whatever incarnation you follow it. The main issue he would have is the use of child soldiers as they are 'more likely' to breach the statute of secrecy. The third is as a Death Eater there to keep a watch on everyone with four primarys: Dumbledore, Umbridge, Harry, and Snape. The first three are somewhat obvious and I never thought that someone as (supposedly) intelligent as Riddle would not spy on his spies.

Well I believe thats enough to maybe get you started on your own notes and I hope it helps or at the very least makes you consider.

-1Shadow
mmooch chapter 7 . 6/7
Third option would be that some of the 'purer' purebloods (like Malfoy, but not tainted by public association with Voldemort) forced the Toad on the school and instead of Ministry decrees, she posts Wizengamot decrees.
Muggle1 chapter 2 . 6/6
Why is it that people never remember that Oliver graduated Harry's third year?
This has so much potential for Lunar Harmony.
RandomGerman chapter 14 . 5/22
Very nice story so far. One question: didn't Victor kill Wormtail in fourth year?
Breaniver chapter 14 . 5/21
Great story so far. One small point in the last chapter however. If i remember correctly, harry has known tom riddle and Voldemort were the same being since the end of second year, and Dumbledore knew this, as they had a discussion about it then.