Reviews for Rome Wasn't Built in a Day
heartslocks chapter 5 . 7/26/2015
First just let me say that I like this story and the series it belongs to. That being a given I think its interesting how people interpret the story.

I know a lot of people think that Steve was somewhat uncaring in this one but I am actually the opposite. I think that Danny and the others were actually out of line and uncaring. I mean think about it, your closest friend has a complete personality change and you work in a high stress environment. In their argument Steve asks multiple times whats the matter and that Danny can talk to him about it but Danny denies anythings wrong. Steve also expresses that he is worried about Danny getting hurt and not acting like himself before ever questioning if he has his back. Steve also has to balance the roll of being a friend and a boss. Its not only his back that Danny covers, its the teams. So the whole I need to know if you have my back and have your head on straight thing is legitimate. Add this to the fact that Steve is a SEAL and sudden personality changes mean bad things happen to everyone involved and yeah, Steve's concerns make sense.

This is also not taking into account that no one, not Danny or Kono have even discussed or made allowances for the fact that Steve has a) never been with a man/interested in a man prior to this, b) that even reading the signs of like and flirting between the two that Steve would have to come to terms with the fact he likes a guy, c) years of being in an environment where being gay was a big no no, d) that he is obviously not one to deal with emotions in a open manner or easily manner and often puts his foot in his mouth or e) the complications of being a boss and being in a relationship with someone under you. Not to mention he would be terrified to mess up what he already has with Danny.

I also think that the silent treatment that Steve receives is unfair as are the comments about him going to play with the military barbie. They just expect that their master wooing plan will go off without a hitch and Steve won't have issues to deal with. Hes a military man with no previous inclinations that he was interested in playing for both teams, thats a lot to deal with let alone on top of you best friend/partner is in love with you, and now your team is mad at you because you didn't just accept this huge revelation without missing a beat. That's a lot for anyone to be blindsided with let alone a emotionally constipated SEAL with a list of issues a mile long.
XMoonWolfX chapter 13 . 12/30/2014
I really dont like that Danny is guilt because of the fight, Steve could have go and ambush Danny to apologize but no he just is sulking and thinking of himself and how to fix things without thinking why danny was so sad, and now he wants a relationship with danny without thinking how danny will feel, in this story Steve is so other than that the story is awesome, and I loved it.
ctm07 chapter 18 . 11/7/2013
Uf... i thought my heart would break while Reading. It was na up and down story. Good happy ending
Horndog333 chapter 18 . 8/19/2013
I loved this story. I'm glad that I started getting community alerts and with it the link to your story. While the formula for almost every McDanno story is they both love each other but afraid to admit it . There's usually some misunderstanding then one finally admits their feelings (but mostly not before one gets hurt) and it works out. What I loved a out your story was the twisted words and feelings that came out of Steve wrong about not trusting Danny to have his back! Could the boot in his mouth been any bigger! And the "how did it get from jealous of the surfer guy to holding his hand in the hospital? And Grace's talk. Starting your sequel next. You made my weekend. Thx!
sarah.lister.526 chapter 18 . 1/30/2013
First I wud like to thank my sister for telling me about this website and second I wud like to thank u for this story, it was AMAZING the up s and downs, I laughed I cried I gasped in shock and aw, I LOVED it thank u so much for sharing
tiggrr527 chapter 18 . 7/1/2012
What a great story! I loved the ups and downs and how they finally figured it out! Thanks for sharing!
tiva forever2009-2010 chapter 18 . 4/16/2012
love this story and can't wait for many more to come :) here's an ideaever thought about doing one where either danny or steve gets pregnant? those are funny and i've done one.
wandamarie chapter 18 . 4/15/2012
great work thanks loved it keep up the great work
DC-78 chapter 18 . 4/15/2012
Love it! Love it! Love it! Great ending to a fantastic story!
Kit Merlot chapter 18 . 4/15/2012
This was an absolutely lovely ending! The McDanno conversation was well done, especially their bantering about Danny's inability to stay quiet. But good for Steve for realizing that he wants to be with Danny and for finally admitting to being in love with him :)
Shelley67 chapter 18 . 4/15/2012
What a beautiful ending - I loved every chapter of this story. I hope to see more from you.
Magpie1600 chapter 18 . 4/15/2012
Oh thank God, they finally get it and love each other. Wow what a kiss. Bet it could beat the Prince's Bride kiss any time.
wcfan chapter 18 . 4/15/2012
I am so impressed of the way Steve handled this situation. He was collected, which I'm sure would be hard considering he would be the total opposite of calm.

And he put it all out there for Danny to decide their fate which after all Danny's been through is the best thing to do.

Oh, Danny. Grace will always be a Williams unless you change her DNA.
lynnrxgal chapter 18 . 4/14/2012
Loved it - truly! You did a great job with this story!
vengegates chapter 18 . 4/14/2012
Another brilliant story ending! I cant imagine this story ending any better, and im definately glad that both SUPERSEALSteve! and Hawai'i'sFinestNewJerseyImportDanno! Finally worked things out. Im already waiting for your next offering of literacy mischief and mayhem ;)