Reviews for Hell Bent
NomDePlume519 chapter 18 . 10/12/2014
I've really enjoyed this story so far. It is very well written. I love the way you've interwoven the parts of the timeline so clearly. This is such an emotional story; I'm just going through the tissues. Do you plan to finish it? (I hope so!)
Annber03 chapter 18 . 6/14/2014
So I've only seen a few episodes here and there of this show, but even so, I get the basic gist of the characters for this series and whatnot...

...and man, this story is GOOD. Really, really good. And heartbreaking. I love the way you're showing Tim's immense guilt over what he's done, to the point of taking drastic action. I love Abby's concern for him, and her total confusion over her normal worldview being so horribly shattered and messed with. Gibbs' frustration and anger is palpable and bleeds through the screen-I want all the answers as much and as quickly as he does, and I'm loving seeing how he's dancing right along the edge of control. There are times I'm seriously fearing for the lives of those in his vicinity...a punch in the face would be the LEAST painful of the reactions they could get from him. And given what I know about the whole Ziva/Tony thing amongst the fans, I love how you're dealing with her feelings and her struggles she's going through with mourning him. The scene in an earlier chapter where she freaks out over fantasizing about Tony after his death was powerful and oddly humorous and heartbreaking all at the same time (and speaking of heartbreaking, the scene with Tim dropping the dog off, getting his perspective...oh. OH. That got me right in the gut).

And I love the way you let the mystery surrounding this crazy situation slowly unfold, all the secrecy and the borderline legality of keeping secrets and the moral and ethical dilemmas being raised throughout...it's an intriguing, unusual, deeply creepy situation. Also, your amazing ability with description? Well, let's just say I envy it. Very much :D. There's so many great lines in here, I wouldn't know where to begin quoting them.

I'm really happy to have stumbled across this story at random (which sounds odd considering how dark the subject matter is, but...yeah :p). I look forward to future updates of this one-I gotta know how it ends! Great work all around.
amaia chapter 18 . 2/9/2014
I can't swallow, because this chapter was so sad, but I didn't want to cry, & now my throat is all swollen. Is there any way to bring Tony back to life? You *must* update right away. Sob...
briwd chapter 18 . 2/2/2014
I'm floored over this story - it's a helluva character piece on Tony and the team. I've enjoyed - if that's really the right word to use - this story so far and am especially impressed by your take on how the team slowly falls apart when its heart is taken away.

They're down, down, down, going through the motions, doubting themselves, engaging in self-destructive behavior. I would expect the team to pull themselves out of their depression enough to go after the people behind this Hellbent thing; I wouldn't expect them to stoically put it behind them and "move on" - I suspect your take is far more true to life than we would ever see on the TV show.

Please keep your story going as your time allows, and great job!
Guest chapter 18 . 1/18/2014
Each chapter, I want to read, but it hurts so much! Gibbs' basement scene and confrontation with Dr. Ryan was so powerful! And poor McGee!
hazelmom chapter 18 . 1/17/2014
Very intense chapter. They are all so steeped in their grief, coping the only ways they know how. I think you have Ziva pegged well. It was the reaction she had after her father's death too. I still wish I understood the part that Ryan plays in all this. Never liked her.

I love what you did with McGee and Cranston especially the moment when McGee mutters about how much Rachel looks like Kate. I wish the show would make those connections more often. So curious to see what he's going to do with Abby. We need another chapter very soon.
Jessie237 chapter 18 . 1/16/2014
Really interesting
Cackymn chapter 18 . 1/15/2014
Oh. Oh. OH. Astonishing, thank you. Heart in pieces, head very busy. Excellent writing. Can't deal with the feels yet. I'll get back to you. Would love to cite specific passages and some of the more devastating, and the more tender, insights. But I just took this in at one sitting. Your characterization is just wow for everybody. Holy crap.
diana teo chapter 18 . 1/15/2014
Note to self. Do not read updates to this fic first thing in the morning. It was difficult reading Tim's scene because my eyes were taking a dip in the deep end. I knew Gibbs was going to pound that birdhouse to smithereens (loved Tony's mortgage wisecrack. It's so him). And I'm glad he threatened Ryan. Made me feel better. Slightly. Ziva was also IC. The news clips and public comments made it all seem so sordid and I liked the 'limb cracked under her weight' bit and Tim's imagined phone call to his mum. You are slaying this story. Brava.
Washington-Jones chapter 18 . 1/15/2014
*hug Timmy and applause Gibbs*
patncisfan chapter 18 . 1/15/2014
I have missed your dtory. Glad you added another chapter. This story is compelling. Please update again soon.
rowenaaine chapter 18 . 1/15/2014
Heartbreaking. This is such an amazing story, and I can't wait for the next chapter. Beautifully written, all in character.
AgentD.6 chapter 18 . 1/15/2014
I still like the story but hate that Tony is dead. I keep thinking it will all be one great plot to catch a bad guy and bring the team back together.
prince-bishop chapter 18 . 1/15/2014
Good chapter.
DS2010 chapter 18 . 1/15/2014
Figured our favorite brain gamer knew what was going on with Tony. I do hope that she took Gibbs advise and got that head start.