Reviews for Amen, We Made it This Far
myeveryday chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
This was really cute. I loved it. Great job!
holygoof101 chapter 1 . 4/4/2012
I swear I reviewed this already... Did I read this and we discuss it while I was in a dry socket caused narcotic induced haze? I feel like I lost months because of that.

Since I obviously imagined that review I guess I'll actually write one now.

Where do I start this bound to be non senical ramble. Let's start with can you write in Santana's head more often? Because I'm never going there despite the fact that she's probably the character I relate to the most. What I don't think a lot of people get about her is sure she's snarky and a little mean sometimes but she's not a bad person. She doesn't hate all these people she's so snarky to, it's actually that she really cares about them but she uses the snappy comments and insults to keep them for knowing that. Like protecting herself.

She uses it to keep people at arms length and I get that. And eventually people are going to realize that and it's going to turn into kind of a playful banter because it's accepted that's just how she is. And I can see it being Finn and Rachel that just kind of accept that's how she is and let it be that way. I'm not sure if you realize how any of that related back to your story but in my head it does so I'm going to keep rambling.

Here's what I think I love most about how and what you write: you take these characters that I already know and love so much and put them in these situations that I can completely relate to. There's a dynamic here that I just love. Like it's totally how it would be if the three of them lived together but I can easily see it being myself (maybe because I liked with a sickeningly gross almost married couple for a bit and I felt this way.) It's like they never really saw the three of them living together but it works. In a way they all kind of balance each other out. And what you write has Santana and Finn teaming up to take care of Rachel but you can really pair up any of the combinations. They just kind of take care of each other. Even Santana in her own way.

I'm going to stop now because I don't think I'm making any sense and I should have gone to be like two hours ago, so I may have to leave a whole other review that does make sense.

Oh and to circle this back around to you. The title... I think I may have a live version on that hanging out in my voicemail box. I blame you. Tag you're it.
AliasCSINYFriendsER chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
Hahaha! Love protective Santana, working to protect Rachel right along with Finn! We've definitely seen improvement in Santana and I love how her character has evolved. Maybe this can happen one day! :-p

Loved it!

-mandi *_*
Supabec chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
great one shot really like the finn/rachel/santana friendship :)
Paceismyhero chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
You definitely have a knack for Finn, but I'm so glad you chose to write this prompt in Santana's POV. And you did an awesome job, so no worries there! I don't particularly like Santana/Rachel friendship pieces in high school because it would just never happen, but I can see it later in life and this reality didn't seem unrealistic (for lack of a better word) at all. In fact, the last line pretty much sums up how hilarious and awesome their friendship would be down the road.

Anywoo, it was a drabble and I should try to make my review that way, too, so here are some faves:

***Although… maybe it's not that much of a skill when she's negotiating with possibly the world's biggest pushover. She doesn't even have to try crying because he lives with Rachel so he's immune to tears.****

Keen eye in a hilarious way. Perfect Santana.

***"No. By me," Finn says and yeah, the thing is, he's normally about as stealthy as an elephant...***

Sorta mean but way hilarious. Again, love Santana.

***Finn over the last couple years thinned down and has added about 25 pounds or so of muscle, stopped shaving more than about twice a week and he kind of looks like a bear; the guy doesn't need to know Finn's a fucking teddy bear. And truthfully, when it comes to these girls and their right to go harassment free for an evening, he's really not. He's more like a mama bear—and she's going to file that one away for later when she gets really drunk and actually does start calling him names.***

So many great parts about that section that have to sum it up with AWESOME! Just like the story. ;)
henriettaline chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
Great job on Santana's POV, and I can totally hear this in her voice. Excellent writing as always.
wood-u-like-2-no chapter 1 . 3/28/2012
Santana/Finn lesbros for the win! Really really well done, Jann. God, it's good to have you back with your awesome writing. I could actually see this all playing out exactly as you've described, too; complete with Santana shaking her head at the irony of it all compared to high school. Great little drabble. Thanks.