Reviews for Crossing Blades
rue chapter 1 . 4/29/2014
I loved it! I always hated how Prince Caspian treated them, about time he was put in his place.
sirensbane chapter 1 . 12/2/2013
I love how Edmund has to deal with Peter AND with Caspian, and how he's doing so fairly and with the Lion in mind.
Starhey chapter 1 . 8/20/2013
Thank you for this! Edmund is one of my favourite characters, if not the most. I really enjoyed the way you write him. So like a King! Great one-shot! Loved the ending.
silvanelf chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
I liked this very much! I think you captured Edmund very well. He was always my favorite. Good story!
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
I like this story.
Fiorenza chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
Good. Somebody needed to talk to that boy, and Edmund is a perfect candidate.
Valiant No More chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
That's amazing, Edmund is so articulate! I loved it, thanks dear.
nequam-tenshi chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
A nice, sightful story. I like the last part; they lossened up.
Shadowcatisajerk chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
Very good one-shot. I like Edmund getting to show his more mature side. Thank you
FullMentalPanic chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
Edmund was one of my favorite characters from the books, Puddleglum and Aravis making up the rest of the group, and I really enjoyed getting to see him showcased. In a way, I think his best portrayal was in the "Prince Caspian" film. He wasn't there a lot, but every time he made an appearance or did something I thought he was awesome. They kind of regressed his character in the "Dawn Treader" film, which annoyed me. "Not casually at all." Very taken with this statement and how we know the truth of it because we know the context of Edmund's life.

I like how Edmund essentially orders Caspian to hear him out and then goes into, "I am not pleased with your conduct, Caspian. Not one whit." Assaulting the Narnian ear with 40s British slang is always good. Edmund's bluntness as he lays out his position and loyalty to his brother and his opinion of Caspian was great. I was always kind of surprised that Edmund didn't say something remonstrative about Susan kissing Caspian at the end (which seemed less than wise as she was never going to see him again), but he did say he 'didn't want to understand' which I interpreted as disapproval. I was most shocked that Aslan didn't step in, but I digress. I really liked how Edmund comments Caspian checking Susan out, and the negativity and discouragement surrounding it. "...and as a sort of… guide, I suppose." That was something I enjoyed about the movies, that their titles were given as this vision of what Aslan desired them to be and saw them to be capable of.

I actually really liked the ending. It ties into how Edmund is just and he's going to be putting Peter through the well deserved wringer as well.
Rhindons chapter 1 . 3/30/2012
Again... nailed it!

I have never seen a oneshot like this before. Usually people have Caspian as a the good guy. I love how Edmund is sticking up for his brother. I think you should make a sequel when Edmund goes to talk to Peter. Anyways, excellent work! Keep it up!

~Angel
lightning bird chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
Nicely done. Caspian needed very badly to have his butt handed to him. It was nice to see Ed deliver.
MCH chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
Well your story really shows Edmund the Just, he prepared to deal with both sides of the problem. Caspian was not dealing very well with them he'd probably have dealt better with them if they looked older.

Caspian was right poor Peter is in for a talking too. Don't supposed you'd maybe do Peter and Edmund talk. I'd like to see how Peter reaction and how Edmund hands him.
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
Ah it is cool. Somewhat good and uh maybe cool
acacia59601 chapter 1 . 3/29/2012