Reviews for Greecey Spoon
Crow's Talon chapter 1 . 5/2/2013
As always, I love the way you write Maxie Zeus, and your brilliantly funny stories have given me a new appreciation for him as a character, although I've always had a soft spot for him. This is just a hilarious situation for him to be involved in, and every word of his dialogue is both absolutely hilarious and vintage Maxie Zeus. My inner mythology geek absolutely adored the references to classical myth. I especially loved the line "The cook took one glance at the handwriting, shifted his eyes to the customer who was having an intense conversation with Poseidon in his water glass and then looked back at the bemused waitress with a smile."

Maxie certainly seems out of place at that diner, but it thankfully seems that Charlene has the situation under control. Maxie's dialogue was wonderfully hammy, and his order of ambrosia nectar and cakes was absolutely hilarious. as well as how the cook ultimately dealt with the situation. The use of the names "Amalthea" and "Melissa" was very fitting, as (if my knowledge of Greek mythology is sound) that Melissa was the nymph who cared for Zeus when he was a baby, while Amalthea was the goat who suckled him,

Charlene herself is a great character, especially in the way she interacts with Maxie. The way he reacted to her saying "God!" was another highlight, and a very in-character. I also loved the way she mentally refers to Maxie as a "nutbar". As always, your use of language and dialogue was very rich, and your original characters, like Charlene, are always a pleasure to read. I loved her sense of frustration while dealing with Maxie, as well as the way her character contrasted with his. Poor Charlene is very much put-upon, and it's just as well that the cool presumably knows how to deal with Maxie.

This was a hilarious and extremely well-written story. Great work!
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 3/29/2012