Reviews for Chuck vs The News Anchor
coreymon77 chapter 26 . 1/19
I'll admit it, I teared up a little. Not that it really takes that much to get me to tear up (one of my various quirks) but still, good job. Nice to give them all some closure on that part of their lives.

As for the rest of the story, that is really heartwarming and cute seeing them all together as a family like that. The only thing I'm left wondering is what Sarah is up to. I can't see her settling down as a housewife and, unless I missed something, we never hear what she is up to now, given that she seems to have left her job in NY.

Now, for the story as a whole, good job. It may have taken me a little while to finish reading it, but I did enjoy it throughout. It has been nice to see you grow as a writer over the course of the story. Cheers on your first completed story.
coreymon77 chapter 25 . 1/19
What I like about this story is how mature the adults are when it comes to handling the various things that come up in this story. Oftentimes people would milk all the drama they possibly could out of each one of this plot points by having the characters act like idiots. Instead, you have them act like real people. Sure, they screw up, but they figure that out rather quickly and fix it. Good job.
coreymon77 chapter 24 . 1/19
Ouch, well that's a bummer. Can't say I was expecting this development. Some people would say "serves her right" but nobody deserves that. Well then, guess I will see how this all unfolds. Nice job with the unexpected twist.

Other than that, the rest of the chapter was good. I mean, the whole "there was a death in the family" turned out to be more true than Sarah thought, but all of their interactions are fun to read.
coreymon77 chapter 23 . 1/19
That was cute. A nice, cute wedding chapter before everything proceeds to blow up in our faces courtesy of Jill. Good job.
coreymon77 chapter 22 . 1/19
Yep, I knew this was going to happen at some point or another. Just when everything is looking great, she shows up to screw around with things. Ah well, I'm sure it will all work out.

As for the grilling of the boyfriend, that was fun.
coreymon77 chapter 21 . 1/19
Dick move, Sarah, dick move. It had to come out eventually, but still, harsh.

Dick move, Bryce, dick move. I didn't think you would go about trying to split an engaged couple. Way to take advantage of your friend in a weak moment.

Huh, good job, Katelyn. I hope the position wasn't actually filled already, as in they hadn't already offered someone else the job, as that would be kind of a dick move to that other person. Otherwise, I guess even a 14 year old can get through to someone if they are persistent enough.
coreymon77 chapter 20 . 1/19
Well then, that's a way to go about fixing things. I'd imagine Katelyn will find out about the missed audition eventually, but for now, everything seems to be back to normal.
coreymon77 chapter 19 . 1/19
Well then, that's a different direction than I figured the story would go. I mean, I figured crap was going to go down with Rebecca, but not that it would result in that. The aftermath to this will be fun to unravel.

I feel for Katelyn here. It sucks when old childhood friends change as the years go by into someone you can barely recognize. Rebecca simply using her like that is just crap.

I'm not sure about that whole "accessory to underage drinking" thing, though. Katelyn is underage herself and hadn't been drinking at all. It's not like she was the one to buy the alcohol, so I'm not sure if the legalities of that actually work the way they did in this story. I could be wrong, of course, but something isn't quite sitting right with me on that one.
coreymon77 chapter 18 . 1/19
Hoo boy, this is going to be a bit of a mess. Sarah is awesome, so naturally she will end up getting the job. But it's in NY, so that will cause a few issues. Oh well, it will work out somehow. I'm curious as to what's up with Katelyn's friend.

Other than that, a couple of spelling and grammar errors here and there, but nothing huge.
coreymon77 chapter 17 . 1/19
As I said, there was no doubt as to what Sarah would say. The mom conversation was pretty emotional, especially for a teenager. I keep on getting this feeling that said "real mom" is going to show up at some point, but who knows?
coreymon77 chapter 16 . 1/19
Cute, and a good idea getting the whole station involved. Lucky for Chuck that it happened to be a dead day for news. Cliffhanger, though? Really? As if there is any doubt whatsoever what Sarah is going to say. Let's be real here.
coreymon77 chapter 15 . 1/19
Pretty realistic, if you ask me. Suddenly having a kid dropped into your life would definitely make for some drastic changes. I'm surprised she is handling it as well as she does.
baldcoder chapter 26 . 1/12
Good story. Unique.
Rob M chapter 26 . 11/28/2015
Congratulations on finishing...This has been a very enjoyable little story and even though it was completely AU without a sign of the intersect or the spy life in general, you did a really great job finding the characters voices and keeping them identifiable as Chuck and Sarah (something I look for in a story). This was well done and you should be proud
phnxgrl chapter 26 . 11/26/2015
I loved this epilogue. Kudos on the completion.