Reviews for Dance the Tide
CG4me chapter 60 . 5/20
Dance the Tide is a brilliant title for your story, as it followed the ebbing and flowing of Lizzy and Will's relationship. I loved every word and don't have a single word of criticism (apart from reading from behind my fingers during the "photos" incident - LOL). Their relationship was completely believable as was all their relationships with other members of their family and friends. I can hardly believe it is your first fanfic. Thank you very much for all the hard work and time you must've spent writing this, it is very much appreciated. Wonderful, wonderful stuff. I've now read all your stories, I have favourited and followed you and I am hoping there will be more in the future.
CG4me chapter 45 . 5/18
I can, at last, see calmer waters ahead! Their awkwardness and uneasiness is abating somewhat, although perhaps there is still some stuff to work out and, of course, some love making to seal the deal. I'm with Will on the George and Bill issue, although it does seem as if Bill was making sure Lizzy was out of the way. Georgie is really strong now. Good for her, you know what they say:- what doesn't break you, makes you. Good chapter.
CG4me chapter 35 . 5/17
Will is good at talking the talk but not so good at walking the walk ie putting it in practice. I am completely on Lizzy's side in this instance; leaving her concussed in hospital, just walking away without explanation, just as he knew Jason did, is unforgivable. I shall be very interested in seeing how you bring about the reconciliation and the trust once again. Great, great writing.
FantasyLover74 chapter 48 . 5/16
you go Lydia
CG4me chapter 27 . 5/16
Wow, this was quite a chapter. Darcy going apeshit (as we say over here), Lizzy going me, me, me. Then there was Caroline being Caroline, Catherine with her revolting 18th Century ideas and Richard knocking up the secretary. Mustn't forget the gross shenanigans with George and Lydia must we? Thank goodness for the light relief of Jane and Charlie and Georgiana and Matt. Brilliant chapter, everything came together at once, a positive tsunami of drama and angst. Great writing.
CG4me chapter 4 . 5/12
Well, I just started this late last night and you've got me hooked once again. I think I am going to love this as much as Sanctuary ! ;) Ooh - an older Darcy - swoon.
LOSTforHOUSE chapter 60 . 4/23
I took about 10 days to read this but it was worth every hour I spent! This story is amazing. One of the overall best fanfics I've ever read. All of the characters were well developed and had distinct personalities. It was romantic, sweet, sad, and sexy as hell! Damn, you can write some steamy scenes!

I may read this again, because I loved reading about their start and all of the warm and fuzzies it gave me!
Kat-n-cupcakes chapter 60 . 4/18
Just finished reading your amazing story after being completely glued to it for the past few days! Wanted to drop a quick note just to say that I love your writing and am so glad I stumbled across this one - darcy and Lizzy are the best! Thanks so much for sharing your talent
Austione chapter 5 . 4/16
They are so perfect as a new couple, judging by the many chapters to come this can't last!
carococo09 chapter 60 . 4/8
Loved it all ! The music, the coast living, the caracters… I smiled, laughed, blushed… I was touched by your story so much. Being grateful is a huge part of my day to day life…I leave on a small island, with my little daughter and my husband witch I'm blessed to love for almost 20 years now with this special connection your Wil and Lizzie have… thank you very much Cat for this great great journey ! I'm about to start your another fic…can't wait !
ebdarcy.qt4good chapter 60 . 3/31
Cute! Such a well-written, intriguing, and captivating story. I enjoyed reading it a lot!
Dimac99 chapter 60 . 3/16
Really loved this; so much drama, angst and love. The descriptions of the wonderful setting were great and I feel bad that I forgot to tell you as much when I reviewed your other long fic. You really made the unusual settings come to life, especially that fabulous island in the other fic.

Your characterisations were great and the prickly start and later problems between Lizzie & Will were very believable. Honestly, Will was such an arse, there was a part of me thinking he didn't deserve to get Lizzie back! I really didn't like how judgmental he was about about either his sister or Lizzie taking erotic photos (before the truth came out) and I feel like both let him off too lightly, but obviously they had good reasons for forgiving him. And his reaction to Richard's relationship was well out of line. I'm absolutely against violence, but I would have cheered if Richard had punched him! Lizzie's parents were wonderfully awful and you've really made me look at Mr Bennet in a different light. I think perhaps I've been to lenient on him in the past. And Mr Collins was wonderfully useless-creepy!

I liked that you weren't afraid to have Lizzie make mistakes and show questionable judgment at times, I know how difficult it can be with the most author-identifiable character. I thought she was well rounded and I loved her choice of career. (I do wish she had been eager to get back to it after motherhood, but that's one of those things that no-one knows how they'll feel about till it happens to them.)

My only real criticism is that no-one ever explicitly said to Georgiana that she did NOT have a responsibility to go to the police. A sexual assault survivor's only responsibility is to themselves and what they need to do for their own good and they are never responsible for anything a rapist does, including anything that hapens after their own attack. I'm sorry if I sound like I'm going off on a lecture, it's just something I feel very strongly about, but please don't mistake me, this was a wonderful fic and I'm already looking forward to rereading it. Even though I spent a lot of time wanting to slap Will for being a wanker!
EvelynRo chapter 60 . 3/12
This relocated to California girl although my heart will always be in Old Lyme, would like to thank you, Cat, for a wonderful experience. Many places in this book were near and dear to my heart.

Your writing style, wit, warmth and imparting of a tremendous joie de vivre have made this wonderful journey known as Dance the Tides an absolute pleasure. I am sure that I will re-read this book just for the joy it brought. My selfish side wants to rush right into Santuary but I want to savor this one a bit more.

Congratulations on a book well written and I hope you creative endeavours continue.
EvelynRo chapter 51 . 3/11
Small beta comment. Instead of "that property revert back to the Bennets" shouldn't it be "that property revert back to the Gardners"?
EvelynRo chapter 39 . 3/10
It took 39 chapters of Will' s guitar playing to finally get to the beautiful hobo, oh my. But what an apology. On the much vaulted chapter 40.
1,180 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »