Reviews for Lonely At the Top
Dreams0fCalamity chapter 1 . 3/30
Damn, this was absolutely amazing. Honestly just how emotionally raw this story was... it gave me goosebumps.
Bluedog270 chapter 1 . 8/2/2016
I love the thought put into this. You got an idea, you wrote it, and you nailed it. All the thought put into this made it an amazing story. Each explanation on each main ship for the show throughout the years made sense and nothing seemed rushed.
Everything about this story was great and you're a great writer too. :)
SilverBlader chapter 1 . 6/8/2016
Darn good one-shot here, Ash being the anime Red is great and one of my favorite genres in the fanfiction community. I really loved the interaction between Ash and Gold, with Ash instructing Gold not to go down the same path as he did. It also truly sums up the life lesson of balancing one's work with their friends/family because ultimately your friends and family are more important. Great job!
Random Reader Guy chapter 1 . 1/6/2016
Amazing. Just absolutely amazing. One of, or the best Ash fics/oneshots I have ever read, maybe even Pokemon fics/oneshots.
Barcha chapter 1 . 7/9/2015
Wow its so different form the anime's tone bit at the same time so plausible bravo now excuse me I news to clean my eyes
aquahaloninja chapter 1 . 6/29/2015
That was amazing. The best story I've read on this site. Probably the best story I've read in a while. Great job.
StormzD95 chapter 1 . 2/22/2015
Just a thought, would you consider writing any spin-offs about Ash meeting everyone else?
Ashmn142 chapter 1 . 10/5/2014
Impressive psychology at the end there, couldnt have put it better myself. Its good to try and get into the minds of the producers, it gives you a better understanding on how to write fanfictions. Good job.
Big chapter 1 . 7/27/2014
Awesome
Mezamun chapter 1 . 7/14/2014
That was a great piece of work.
It was heartbreaking to read, but I'm glad there was something of a happy ending. Hopefully things will go better for Ash after that.
It kind of hit me hard, too, since I'm writing a fanfic on Ash going to myself. Lucky for him, though, he'll end up having someone around to ground him in reality. Still, it's definitely something to consider.
Good job!
mystery chapter 1 . 6/30/2014
That was sad
Warrior of the Sea chapter 1 . 6/21/2014
There is only one way to describe this story: Beautiful.

Seriously, there's no other way to describe something as perfect as this. This was extremely faithful to each character, the way everyone reacted after practically losing Ash and Ash's own guilt and despair at having completely isolated himself in a vacuum. While most stories try to play off the 'betrayal' cliché to get Ash on top of Mt. Silver, you showed us how Ash, in the pursuit of protecting his loved ones from himself, would turn himself into a hermit. I remember feeling my eyes sting at some parts, especially the one where the crazy fan broke in and challenged Ash in his old outfits. I dunno what it was, but something really got to me in that part. The parts in which Ash actually went and looked back at the times he tried to reconnect with his companions but left them to not be a burden on them was also beautifully done. There was something about the battle with Gold, too. The way Ash tried to save him from the fate of ending up as an outcast was nicely done. I was slightly surprised that Ash barely won against him, but the fact that Ash's extra experience actually meant something and that he beat Gold was nice. I just hate seeing Ash lose.

Well, good job with this story. I hope you come out with some more good material soon!

Ash the Aura Guardian
MrJohnJets124 chapter 1 . 6/13/2014
Barry would have worked for Dawn.
But awesome story anyway.
Ninjago1019 chapter 1 . 6/10/2014
This was amazing! To me it was probably one of the best fanfiction stories ever! It made me rethink a few things in my life! And as you read this in the future, I hope it made you smile a little! :)
DreamDusk chapter 1 . 1/17/2014