Reviews for Lonely At the Top
DreamDusk chapter 1 . 1/17
Wow...This feels
hydro-serpent58 chapter 1 . 1/2
Dude, I never even stopped to THINK about Delia! D: Of course news reporters would hound her! Being the mother of the Pokemon Master, Ash would've never saw this coming. Disrupting the peaceful days with Mr. Mime.

And of course, being a target. Ironically, people tend to forget fame is a double-edged sword. In the anime they make it seem awesome because its all praise and compliments, but in real life the paparazzi kills you. Always in public eye, any misstep and the whole world knows, having the media blow it out of proportion. - This is actually a very PLAUSIBLE idea for leaving Delia. As sad as it is, by staying away from Pallet Town she won't be disturbed as much and Ash could avoid the news media. (Makes you miss the good old days in G/S/C when all you had was the newspaper. No TV.) It would protect both of them. Not to mention, his friends in case the media decides to hound on them for being associates of his, or targeted by criminal organizations for being friends with him.

Criminal organizations. They'd know what to look out for now, wouldn't they? Wouldn't be caught of by a kid now that his face made the news.

And the friends. Whoever said: 'distance makes the heart grow fonder' needs their head checked. Distance is good and all, but it's the INTERACTION. My friend lives in another country, we always talk through IM. We're close. However, take away that connection, and we're strangers. We're not as close as we once were, if not at all. Same thing applies here. (BTW, what about Gary? What did he have to say?) And the Misty/Tracey bit? It would TOTALLY happen with Ash's absence. (Discounting Daisy) Those two have so much chemistry, where Misty would argue with Ash like spitfire Tracy would take it and try to calm her down. Two different personalities, but work well. But depending on how you look at it, one could say Tracey was the better choice for Misty.

And FINALLY cracking down on his lack of romance. It's not his fault, (on contrary, its totally the creators. No person could be that dense after traveling with multiple girls, each with their own separate personality) But still, I can imagine it must be painful looking back and realizing what could have been, especially since it happened MULTIPLE times.

"Maybe I just hope that. Hope that maybe running off like I did brought some good to other people." That made me sad and proud of him at the same time. He brought Misty and Tracey together (THANK GOODNESS IT'S TRACEY AND NOT RUDY), Clian and Iris together, May and Drew together (although in terms of chemistry, Ash would've been the better choice since they meshed well. However, if Drew got his act together then it would totally work out. It was hinted early on he had a thing for May anyway.), Dawn and Paul...that is one ship, I will NEVER understand. If anything, PaulxAsh makes more sense than DawnxPaul. O_O And I love how you nailed it, your reasoning is flawless. Although I'm not a Pearlshipper, this ending made SENSE.)

"A pang of sadness struck Ash, as he realized how much he missed his mother, and how much he wished he had known his father." - Right. In. The. Feels. T_T No one mentions the father, it's rather depressing.

"Free from obsessed challengers." ...Couldn't he just have his pokemon use hypnosis, sing, grass whistle, sleep power, on them? Then again, that's only something Team Snagem would do.

I wonder how the Pokemon feel, secluded up there. With being a Champion comes responsibilities right? If he stays on Mt. Silver, he can't be Champion anymore because Champions have to get involved, and stay in the public's eye. (Could explain why the Elite 4 didn't work as a barrier for preventing obsessive challenges)

"Gold. They call me Gold. What a dumb name." That made me laugh so much. xD Imagine, what the Red from the games must've thought if manga!Gold introduced himself that way. :P I love, how Ash passes on his knowledge to the younger generation. Seeing someone else go through the same thing leaves an impression on people. Both scorn of (i experienced it, let him as well!) and pity(i don't want him to go through the same thing i did)

In all, I love how much thought you put into this. It's sad you have over 70 favorites and only 19 reviews. :( People need to comment more! This is amazing! Especially how you used Ash as the anime version of Red. Gold being Gold(manga) or Ethan(game). I always wondered what Red was doing up there, all alone on Mt. Silver, and Blue's personality interested me as well. He was no longer the "Smell ya later!" kid. He changed.
At any rate, thank you for giving a realistic view on what achieving his dream would lead to. It almost makes it seem, like the creators keep extending the series with new regions so something like this would never happen.

Kari
ArcaneStar chapter 1 . 12/4/2013
Honestly, the best fanfiction I have ever read. I wouldn't even dare consider the writing amateurish. The development was amazing and it really hit home. It gave a realistic spin on Ash and the ending was certainly justified.

I'm surprised this hasn't gotten more views.
EoP chapter 1 . 12/3/2013
It was pretty good, I'm happy that Ash managed to save Gold. How come everyone could challenge Ash though, isn't that why the Elite Four exist? Also totally cool with the shipping reasons, I'm not really into Misty, May and Dawn anyways.
Legionary Prime chapter 1 . 10/20/2013
This was a great one-shot. I could see a potential sequel in this.

And I love how you connected to the games and added Gold in there.
Infernapeblaze chapter 1 . 5/31/2013
This is an amazing story. Ash secretly visited his friends and thought they forgot him. Then he came to realization when he saw Dawn with his mother talking about him. Ash's reunion with his mother and The final scene with Dawn and Ash ( minus the slap ) is the best part of this story. You did a great job on this fanfic. )
LightRayPearlshipper chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
The reasons you stated for ending with Dawn creates Pearlshipping along with support from the Ash's coma theory.
andross the hedgehog chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
I have read this fic so many times its not even funny, it just hits home. thats all that can describe it
The Straight Elf chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
One of the Pokemon fics I've ever read, and definitely the most powerful. The title's definitely perfect for it. Did you name it for the trope? Anyways, great work. It's a shame it hasn't received more attention.
The Aura Within chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
This was so beautiful. I loved it.

I will be honest and say I cried when Ash was telling Gold about what happened to him, and the scene where he finally saw his mom and Dawn again.

Thanks man, for writing this.
the Composcreator chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
... do u mind if i create a short little humor one-shot of what happens after this? the language style will definitely be different, but i've got a few hilarious ways for things to end up
randomguy chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
you should make a second chapter
R R Master chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
Definitely make a 2nd chapter.
beastmode953 chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
Beautiful fic. I have to tell you my fic always a day too late has a lot of the same elements but its not a oneshot though. . power really does drive a person bad. And I couldn't read your authors notes sorry. I may be a pearlshippper but I'm an advanceshipper too and can't stand contestshipping. Love the fic. I want to see more from you like this.
ReaderJoshe chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
Great story. I commend you.