Reviews for And Still I Rise
GAZERocK6Gun5 chapter 1 . 1/31
I think that this is exceptionally well written, and i really enjoyed reading this part of Johan :) Thanks for writing this!
Risuna23 chapter 1 . 1/21
This was very good and I could see Johan do something like this. Again this is epilogue for Monster in my opinion.
sizuka chan chapter 1 . 11/14/2013
i just want to say that, as a Taiwanese, i squealed when 'Taiwan' appeared in this fanfic.
inermis chapter 1 . 7/1/2013
This story depicts fantastically Johan's not-belonging, his tired and bored non-human existence. When I read this I remembered multiple scenes from anime where Johan tried to get Tenma's attention. Even though he says he doesn't have a name, that he's no one, he still screams "Look at me!"

Johan was very in-character, although I wished you had kept his child-like cruelty intact. Now, he had lost interest even playing his mind-games. That along with suicidal thoughts are a clear sign of deep depression. Depressed!Johan is an interesting interpretation of his character.
Skipper311 chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
Interesting. Nice story.
uhuhuhuhuhuhu chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
Very plausible- as always!:)
calliope chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
Haunting, elegeic, and wistfully written. This reads like a missing scene from the manga, very sad but hopeful at the same time. A compassionate fic. One hopes Johann will find what he's looking for.
gillian32 chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
This is probably one of the most enjoyable, in-character gen-fic reads I've had in a long time.

I love how you get into Johan's mindset, how he's thinking of Nina/Anna during all of his travels. In particular I love how you hint at his suicidal tendencies, touching on it and then drawing back. He really is aimless and without a plan, and without Nina he has nothing. He can't bring himself to suicide unless she acknowledges him, but she doesn't. She ignores him, and you can see just how painful it is.

The other thing which I thought was particularly clever is how you weaved in the newspaper accounts and the pop psychology surrounding his case. It reminds me of the media circuses that surrounded a lot of the high profile cases in real life. I laughed when the psychologist on TV speculated that Johan's cross-dressing was something sexual and Johan was just like "..." Really clever writing on your part.

Also, this line killed me:

"I miss you," Johan says. Outside it is snowing. The night sky is washed with a muted gray.

He really is nothing without his sister, and her refusal to validate his existence worsens the emptiness.

I don't understand why you don't get any reviews, other than the fact that the fandom is pretty much dead, so don't let that discourage you! I hope to read more from you soon!