Reviews for Hermione and Severus Help with a Muggle's Essay
pumpkin314159 chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
This is absolutely wonderful. The part about the FanFiction cliches was so true.
Rosajean chapter 2 . 4/15/2012
This was absolutely brilliant! I really enjoyed reading the essay, as well as the drabbles interspersed in it. I hope you got an A!
duj chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
Very enjoyable and enlightening. There's a continuity error because Hermione apparently discovers fanfic when only "three books out of a seven book series" have been written, yet a short time later she knows what HBP stands for.

I think the most counter-hegemonic work occurs at the line where canon-compliant and anti-hegemonic interpretation meet. That's where I hang out, and though I'm anything but a slash fan, I thought Dumbledore's orientation obvious from the first. (Inasmuch as he has one: his sex drive can't be very high if he never fancied anyone after the age of eighteen.) Please. He's an absolute stereotype of "screaming queen".

If "Even stories that seem unique can probably be put into one of the 8 aforementioned categories" that's because

1) they're very broad

2) you're probably using them quite loosely.
limitless-memories chapter 2 . 3/30/2012
Very well written! I even read through the theoretical explanations and analysis. It seems to adequately state fanfiction so much~

Also, Hermione/Severus interaction here is adorable~

Which is aaaalmost up to Dramione. Best. Pairing. Ever.
Meladara chapter 1 . 3/30/2012
I read your essay this morning on my cell phone (I was attacked in bed during the early hours of the morning by a rabid 4 yr old with frozen toes and had to entertain myself) and had to come and review it!

I loved how you integrated the drabbles into the relevant sections of the essay. I really hope you get a great grade. It is a creatively done and hopefully your professor can appreciate the effort that was put into it.

I'd love to see an update when you have a grade, if you are inclined to share. I'd love to know what your professor thought of your paper. Does your professor have any prior knowledge of fanfic?

Also, thank you for including your references! As I was reading I was hoping that I would find them at the end, as found myself wanting to read them as well. It will be a fun addition to my normal fanfic reading - which regrettably (or perhaps not!) includes lots off OOC HG/SS & HG/DM!

Happy reading/writing! ~Meladara
Diosa Luna chapter 1 . 3/30/2012

First I apologize if you have difficulty understanding my review, I do not speak or read English, use the translator.

Certainly test your fic, but I amused myself with the essay, I can not let go of my intervening vein (my degree) in any form is interesting all documents there on fiction. I had never thought about it, but it is an interesting subject, a sentence in Spanish that these issues have not yet strong enough to create these views on the matter.

No more just tell you that I love, certainly all very good document and I laughed with small texts of the couple.

Greetings and encouragement.