Reviews for New Meanings To Old Words: Safe
TwilightEclps chapter 1 . 8/3/2012
A great story!
BecomingScarlett chapter 28 . 7/25/2012
I read this story a couple weeks ago and never got a chance to submit a review for you. I've been meaning to come back and leave one though, so here it is: Amazing job you've done with re-telling TWD season 1. I loved the length of the chapters, really gave the reader a chance to get to know the characters and see glimpses of stories that happened besides exactly what happened on the show. I love your group of OC's, they fit in with the group perfectly, and you really made them all their own characters. I love Callie, and how she is always trying to help someone and never thinking of herself first. Danny & Callie's 'co-parenting' is both hilarious and sweet, and I love their bantering. It was nice to see Jenna change from the first chapter to the last, and Miles turning into a man. I was blown away by the changes you made once the group entered the CDC, and I loved it! You took the story and made it your own, and it really really worked. I am so glad to have found this story(: (Just started reading your sequel...)
Parldro chapter 12 . 7/21/2012
I think chronicling ben's photos sounds like an amazing idea he is such a wonderful character, reminds me of a friend I had as a kid, love it :)
LittleNikki chapter 28 . 7/16/2012
Whew! That was a lengthy, two day reading marathon I just had myself there. Probably would've finished it sooner if not for pesky interruptions such as work and sleep. The nerve!

I first need to state that there is NEVER a reason to apologize for lengthy chapters in my opinion, especially with such an engrossing storyline and characters.

Callie is such a perfect heroine, the smooth combination of strength in the face of survival, and the vulneralbilty that comes along with the scars gained throughout the process. Each one of her companions is just as three dimensional, I find myself rooting for every single one.

Your characterizations of the already known cast is spot on, which is always a delight to find in a fanfiction. Not an easy feat, so I thank and congradulate you on that one vehemetly.

The Daryl/Callie relationship is dysfunctional and complicated, which is just plain awesome. 'Nuff said.

There are far too many favorite moments that I have come across while reading to list, so I will end this seemingly too long review to just again say thank you for such an entertaining read. I am now off to the season 2 interpretation and another long day of being unable to tear my eyes away from the computer/ipod/ screen.
Salaphina chapter 28 . 7/12/2012
Loved it, can't wait to read the next season. Love all your original characters, they're all kick ass. X3
GrimSapphire chapter 28 . 7/11/2012
I read your whole story in one go. I could not stop reading and I am now a huge fan! Cannot wait to get started on the sequel!
Guest chapter 28 . 7/7/2012
Loved it!
Hades Daughter chapter 28 . 7/4/2012
Just read this story for the first time and it's amazing! I felt like I was watching season 1 all over again. I absolutely love the new characters and I wish they had actually been in the show, especially Callie! Can't wait for more!
SalamanderusRex chapter 28 . 7/4/2012
Holy shit! I leave my email for a few days and BAM! You've gone and finished this fantastic story! I feel terrible for not reviewing those last chapters but seeing like 4 of em sittin in my inbox i just couldn't stop! .
One thing I will say is I loved when Daryl and Callie had their mini reunion and my heart damn near melted when they were in the elevator. It was just so damn cute!
I cannot WAIT to see what you've got planned for the next story! Gah! Hurry please! :D

P.s I promise I'll try and be better with reviewing next go round! ;)
Guest chapter 28 . 7/4/2012
It took me three days. But I finally got through everything. Omg. That was so amazing. I loved the whole CDC thing. Adding more characters. And Andrea and Danny. Yes please! Its all really good. Poor Daryl and Callie keep getting interrupted :(
Can't wait for the next one!

-Alessandra
AlabastR chapter 28 . 7/4/2012
Bittersweet, girl! Bitter sweet! Can't wait for the next.
AngieInWonderland chapter 28 . 7/4/2012
One man's safe is another man's slaughter house. Loved that line.

Daryl saw the box truck and didn't stop. I wonder if that is because he has bigger responsibilities at the moment (getting the group to safety), he's putting Callie and Ben first (HIS woman and HIS boy) or if maybe he doesn't want to know one way or the other. If Merle's dead he's going to be distraught, and if he's not? Well, that just means that Merle left him behind. Neither is a really warm and fuzzy senario. Perhaps he thinks if it's meant to be it will happen.

I really loved the little 'family reunion' over the CB. it was cute. Was Daryl just not partaking in the chat over the CB or does he not have one to comunicate on? I can't remember from previous chapters if he had a CB or not...

Man I was hoping for some Daryl and Callie time but I know you are saving that for the next installment. Can't believe this one is finished! It was amazing though and I can't wait to see what you do with the next one with season 2.

Loved your references to the different definitions of safe, or safe places. I did notice the way you were building on the motifs and it all flowed so nicely together. And as I mentioned about a hundred times before I really loved how you branched off and did your own thing with the CDC storyline. It was a breath of fresh air I didn't know I needed! So thank you.

272,800 words in 28 chapters! bravo! you should be very proud of this story!

Great job Michelle!

p.s. good point on T-Dog's lines! It must be hard writing a character who barely ever talks! His goodbye to Jaqui nearly broke my heart.
AngieInWonderland chapter 27 . 7/4/2012
Girl! I have some chapters to make up for!

Sorry I have been away so long. This past week as been so busy with work I haven't had time to get one here and read. You have been a little speed demon it seems, I had three chapters waiting for me!

I'm having a little reading marathon so I figured I'd give a little review here (it is part 2 after all) and then I'll give you another one when I read the next chapter

Got to say, loved the line: "Got a bit 'a badass in ya, don't ya, Deputy Do-Right." I chuckled. It was great haha.

I knew that Daryl was going to flip when he found out Callie wasn't there! He's always so calm and collected, I thought this would be the time he would lose his zen...because it's Callie...and they have a thing. ;D

Ben's comment about Daryl getting out Rick and Lori like Callie was going to get Carl and him out...I can't deal with these feelings! all the emotions! Ben and Carl def had to grow up way too fast and I thought that scene where they broke down and cried all over Callie was justified. They haven't had time to let everything hit them, the group tries to shelter them but they can only protect them from so much. I think they deserved a good cry, they have been through so much and then to top it off that not only do they have to watch out for walkers but Santos and the bad army men, that's just too much. This whole time with Carl and Ben and Callie being separated from the group has really shown how much is expected from them and how much they feel they can't express because they want to stay strong and not be seen as babies.

I knew that she was going to wheel Wallace out on his damn chair! haha. I was like she is going to drag him through the halls. Crazy woman, but that craziness just might save them all.

When those door locks failed, I knew it was happening but I was on the edge of my seat, I was all RUN! GO GO GO! haha.

Daryl has a big fascination with spanking Callie. I love how she was all 'got to get behind those words sweetheart.' It's like their own little form of foreplay in all the chaos. Their reunion definitely didn't disappoint.

I have to say, even if Wallace was crazy and did some bad things, he didn't have to go out like that. But doing the honorable thing, he def won some points back in my book. It was so sweet of Callie to say she'd tell Bobby it wasn't a waste.
Guest chapter 28 . 7/3/2012
I have loved this story since I read the very first chapter. Callie drew me in, from her very first line, "Hell." Each character has been so well-written. I feel like I really know these people, that if I were to step outside, I might bump into Danny and be subjected to his ill-timed humor, that if I went to the bar, I'd see Daryl bent over the pool table (and yes, I would be staring at his fine ass) and Callie behind the bar, pouring shots.

Something that really hit me was the major difference between Callie and Daryl. Daryl accepts that he cannot save everyone, while Callie will always try to play the hero, even when she knows she can't do anything, as in the case of Wallace. Her inability to leave Wallace, and the fact that Daryl had to physically restrain her, hit me like a punch in the gut.

I did pick up what you were putting down with the play on the word 'safe' throughout the story.

Such a great story. Brilliant. I am extremely eager to read the sequel.

Also, MORE DARYL/GRACIE/BEN! Really, more sweet, fatherly Daryl. Yup.
Guest chapter 27 . 7/3/2012
Oh god that was amazing! Ugh update soon or I'll implode.
293 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .. Last Next »