Reviews for New Meanings To Old Words: Safe
missy7293 chapter 3 . 3/27/2013
Finally...a grown up Fan Fic.
LiteratusAO3 chapter 28 . 3/24/2013
Confession time.

I saw the summary for the sequel before I saw this and I was um-ing and ah-ing about whether or not to read it. I was bored and in the zone for some TWD lovin' and so I clicked on it. Imagine my surprise when I not only found a story that introduced new characters into the story but did it in a way that was realistic, funny and downright original. It is so bloody hard to find decent stories that just make you want to keep reading, sort of like guns in a zombie apocalypse. When you find them, they're worth more than gold. And boy was this story a teasing little minx.

Let me start with my thoughts on your OCs. Callie is fantastic. I was worried about where you were going with her handcuffs at the beginning but you resolved it in a way that made her the woman who killed Mary-Sue (hope you get that reference). She is brave, funny, kind and just the sort of woman you want knocking about during the zombie apocalypse. She's not afraid to do what has to be done, she hasn't lost her humanity, she's not on the bat-crap crazy end of the spectrum and she's respectful. That's another thing, your portrayal of the characters is respectful. So often I see stories that exaggerate characteristics and blow them out of proportion, such as Lori-hate or Andrea-hate or Shane-crazy. Here, it's obvious that they all have a reason for their actions and it makes me root for them all the more harder.

Onto Danny. Oh, Danny, Danny, Danny. I have a little crush on Danny Murdock. I loved his first meeting with Callie. I thought that was hilarious. The story he has running alongside it all is brilliant. When he found Leslie, it took me a moment to realise what was happening but when I did, it was heart breaking. I'm definitely going to be following his story with interest, particularly as you've teased a little bit of romance for him in the future.

Miles, Jenna, Ben and Gracie are all brilliant as well. I think Jenna's a bit underutilised but I enjoyed the way that you introduced all of the characters by using her grief as a segue into the story. Miles is funny and brave; Gracie is just adorable and Ben's friendship with Daryl is downright hilarious.

I have to admit that I was really rooting for Merle to stay with the group because him and Ben together was cute but I'm intrigued about what happened to Lanky Hank and hope that we see Merle in the sequel. On a side note, that bit where you had Callie rubbing Rick's head was hilarious and I'd love to see more interaction between the two of them. Maybe a kiss? If you're feeling generous.

Now, onto Daryl and Callie. Oh, the feels! The feels! What's not to love about Daryl and Callie? I'll tell you what. The lack of smoochies. I'd like more, please. Joking aside, their relationship smacks of realism and humour and sincerity. I like seeing Daryl interact with the group and, oh, before I forget, I like how you're bringing Dale into the story more. The bits with the three of them smoking on the roof of the RV was great and really humanised Dale.

I'm pretty sure I've gone on for too long but hey-ho, just wanted you to know that I loved the story and appreciated the effort that you put into writing it. I am definitely going to be checking out your sequel because it's not as though I have a dissertation to right or anything, no, not at all. If I fail my uni course, I'm going to get Daryl Dixon to put you over his knee. Although, thinking about it, you might enjoy that.

Till next time.
Komodoroki chapter 28 . 3/16/2013
Best story I've read in a long while. This story has me wishing Callie was in the actual show! Great character flow and development. I like how you developed Shane's character and how he slowly begins to change. I'd say all of the original characters were in character, no mistakes there. I found Glenn hilarious when he interrupted them in mid-make out. Speaking about the make out, THAT WAS HOT. Haha. Thanks for the awesome read, I put it on my Kindle. :)

Inu
lucylu0508 chapter 21 . 3/13/2013
I'll admit that I'm not a big reviewer...it takes a lot to draw me out and leave a review. And I usually just do it when something 'sticks with me' whether it be in a good way or a not-so-good way. (I know I should review more, but I'm always reading on my phone and it's a PITA).

That said, I absolutely LOVE your story. Everything about it is incredible; your original characters are kick ass awesome, your dialogue is intriguing and witty and the way you weave your original plot ideas in with the flow of what really happened in the story is just fantastic. And the UST (as of right now) with Daryl and Callie? A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. This build up is some of the best I've seen and I've read a lot of fic. Your story is holding my attention, so much so that I do not want it to end and once it does I'm moving onto the sequel...and I NEVER wip's.

I've just recently started reading Walking Dead fics and I have to say, this is my favorite by far. I'm in love with your characters (Danny is funny as hell and Callie has balls of steel and is an excellent strong lead female) and cannot wait to read more.

(and the physical description/photos you have selected to represent your OC's hits dead on)

*claps* Fantastic job. Absolutely fantastic.
bashfyl chapter 28 . 3/5/2013
Really enjoyed this. Want Daryl and Callie to finally consummate lmao .. on to the next one :D
Parfois Marguerite chapter 28 . 2/27/2013
Really love this story and your oc, I spent two nights reading this on my kindle and hopeing that my mom wouldnt come into my room and see my reading after midnight
Ravenclaw Slytherin chapter 28 . 2/24/2013
I love your story! Update soon!
RanHomeAgain chapter 1 . 2/14/2013
I downloaded this story to my kindle, just for something to read while not around the computer, and I just could not put it down. This may just be the best Walking Dead fic I've seen to date. The characterizations were spot on for so many characters and even the ones I personally didn't agree with were explained thoroughly enough that I ended up enjoying everyone in the story. Your OCs are very well written and believable. I really, really enjoyed this and can't wait to start in on the sequel.
lililoop chapter 28 . 2/6/2013
Great story! Now I'm pissed that I don't have the time to read the sequel right after this one:( I'm craving for it;)
ry123red chapter 22 . 2/4/2013
This is probably one of the best Walking Dead stories I've read...ever. Seriously, Callie is the best OC I've read. She's caring, badass, and perfect for Daryl. And I actually like the friendship she has with Rick. The way you portray Rick makes me miss the Rick from season 1 in the show...sigh. Anyways, I think you get the point. This story is so amazing and I can't wait to see how it ends! :)
lilhobbit chapter 28 . 2/2/2013
You are an amazing author! I love how well you stick with the atmosphere from the show! Now on to season 2!
Radar chapter 22 . 1/28/2013
You are pure evil why can't they screw already, I've never loved and hated an author so much.
lilhobbit chapter 8 . 1/25/2013
You are an amazing writer, and I can't believe how well you keep the different characters so close to how they are on the show. Bravo!
ry123red chapter 10 . 1/24/2013
This story is so amazingly written! And I love your OC Callie! Her relationship with Daryl is slowly building, but thats what makes it so great. You've captured Daryl's personality perfectly. I find myself reading this story slowly so I can appreciate its awesomeness, and don't finish it too quickly. Okay, I have to go finish reading now. :)
Radar chapter 20 . 1/24/2013
Your fic is ruining my life holy crap I've been reading this for days I almost got fired for reading at work or texting has they thought halp
292 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »