Reviews for The Fall of the House of Grabiner
The Dark One Rising chapter 21 . 9/29/2014
I'm in denial. I will continue to be in denial until my suspicions are adressed.
The Dark One Rising chapter 20 . 9/29/2014
That was tense. Is Aloysius an imposter? I hope so. I hope he had died a while back. I hope this isn't really his father Hieronymous is fighting.
The Dark One Rising chapter 19 . 9/29/2014
This isn't looking good. I'm starting to piece together some things. I still can't place a motive though.
The Dark One Rising chapter 18 . 9/29/2014
This is getting wierder and weirder. I have a feeling it will all make sense soon.
The Dark One Rising chapter 17 . 9/29/2014
That was a large amount of plot shoved down my throat in a short amount of time. Aloysius' guests are probably former or possible magicals. Aloysius isn't all that he seems to be. I personally suspect possession or the possibility of him being an imposter or not quite human from the Otherworld.
The Dark One Rising chapter 16 . 9/29/2014
Perhaps they aren't as fake as readers were lead to believe. Now, was her memory erased, or did she never attend the school?
The Dark One Rising chapter 15 . 9/29/2014
Now, where has Potsdam run off to? This is turning into quite a fiasco... Or, at least, a larger one.
The Dark One Rising chapter 14 . 9/29/2014
Although I anticipate interruption every time I read an intimate scene, it hasn't actually happened for quite some time. My suspicions confirmed, I cackled like a madwoman.
The Dark One Rising chapter 13 . 9/29/2014
This is getting increasingly stranger. Just as something seems to be solved, a new conundrum appears.

How old is Prodessor Grabiner? He was 19 or 20 when the incident occurred. If he received his first post-graduate degree, he was in the post-graduate program. You said a program could take up to eight years to complete. Assuming he completed an eight-year program, he was about 27 or 28 years old upon completion. He started working at Iris Accademy shortly after that. Potsdam met Aloysius shortly after Hieronymous applied. Potsdam and Aloysius have known each other for nearly 10 years. That places Hieronymous' age at about 37 or 38. Am I correct?

Hieronymous' reaction to Eliza's inquiries will be interesting to read. I doubt he'll take it well. He'll probably be stressed from everything else. I hope it'll turn into a bonding experience. The marriage revaluation did, in the end.
The Dark One Rising chapter 12 . 9/29/2014
While I normally don't care for it, the filler was much appreciated. Did Violet die shortly after the incedent? Was she is a vegetative state for a while, then death? Is she still alive as a soulless husk?
The Dark One Rising chapter 11 . 9/28/2014
That bit about white magic is an interesting little tidbit. I wonder if he shies away from it due to his horrible venture into the Otherworld? Has he even been in the Otgerworld since that incident with Violet?
The Dark One Rising chapter 10 . 9/28/2014
I can't help but feel there is something more to Craft than what meets the eye.
The Dark One Rising chapter 9 . 9/28/2014
Craft has managed to endear herself to me, if not the rest of the audience. I suppose my first impression of her was largely incorrect.

The ouroboros. I had actually heard of that. I had recognized it when it was first introduced, though I had forgotten to comment. To my knowledge, it is a symbol of immortality. I feel it will play a role in the plot. What made him choose it? The stone seems important, as well.

All of the historical information has been correct, so far. Did you conduct research prior to this, or had you already known it?

You seem to capture the essence of a British formalities and old estates well. The reactions of characters are plausible. It gives this a realistic ton that readers can relate to. I have to ask: are you British or does your knowledge of customs stem from research?
The Dark One Rising chapter 8 . 9/28/2014
Potsdam has her own "methods"? Of what, exactly? Information extraction? Investigation? Flirting with equally eccentric people?
The Dark One Rising chapter 7 . 9/28/2014
I'm sensing darker undertones. Most interactions with Aloysius concerned and puzzled me. There is something more to this, though I am not sure what it is.
110 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »