Reviews for The True Chosen One
hermonine chapter 11 . 10/9
nice story
There's a difference between humility and pathetic. And your portrayal of Obi-Wan makes him seem pathetic.
Blue Teller chapter 11 . 4/3
The ending felt waaay too rushed, I have to say, by oh well. Overall, the idea and the story are excellent.
I don't approve of the fact that Obi-Wan never accepted himself to be the Chosen One, though. I know, I get it, this is supposed to be about him being too modest and insecure about his own talents... but, really? Even facing freaking Palpatine, in the moment when the Sith Lord TELLS HIM TO THE FACE that Kenobi's the Chosen One like Qui-Gon had told him and Obi-Wan has no hope for survival except doing his best and believing that he can defeat Sidious in the light of this revelation... are you seriously telling me he STILL DIDN'T BELIEVE IT?! No, sorry, I don't buy that. It's not like Obi-Wan at all, or any Jedi for that matter. Even if he were reluctant to believe, he would at least muster the determination to try believing it for a second, if only to win. This is pure psychology. Sorry, but no.
However I repeat, everything else is excellent. The focus of the story is Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's relationship, and that was brilliant. So I'm not complaining. It was an incredibile read in every other aspect.
Amazing story, great job!
Tacodestroyeravenger chapter 11 . 3/23
Wow. This was very unique! I never thought of Obi being the chosen one! Good job!
Hanan Juma chapter 6 . 12/28/2015
I noticed several times that meditate has been spelled wrong. You spelled it as mediate or mediating.
oreobark chapter 11 . 12/18/2015
I loved this so much! Awesome job!
Le Me chapter 11 . 11/15/2015
I adore this story; there unfortunately aren't enough decent Qui-gon Obi-Wan father/son fics out there; and the ones that exist aren't up to the level that this story is on in regards to length, breadth, and depth in both character development and prose.
So I would like to applaude you for writing a true masterpiece, and hope you continue to explore this pairing in the future.

However, I would like to add some constructive criticism. I noticed a lot of grammatical errors and apparent typos throughout this story, particularly words in the wrong tense. I feel as if some form of autocorrect may be responsible for this, but I can't be sure. Here is an excerpt from Chapter 7 as an example:

'The Sith suddenly backed* kicked Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan fell backwards to the ground with a groaned* and couldn't stop his body from rolling off the catwalk. "Obi-Wan!" His Master screamed to him in concerned* through the bond.'

Should be:

There was also a number of spelling mistakes; you repeatedly use the words 'mediate/mediating' when you should be using 'meditate/meditating', just as an example of this.

Might I suggest going back through your fic and editing your chapters? Or enlisting the help of a beta? (I am one myself, and would be more than happy to comb through this for you). I feel such an exquisitely written piece deserves the attention.

But all that aside, brilliant work, you should be proud.
Ace chapter 11 . 8/15/2015
I really really really love this story
becgate chapter 11 . 8/10/2015
Loved it ! Awesome!
nim draug chapter 11 . 6/18/2015
I prefer this version to the movies ;-)
silvermoongirl10 chapter 11 . 6/5/2015
I have loved reading this story! And I wish this is how everything happened! Great story!
jvansickle78 chapter 1 . 5/28/2015
This was a great story. I really enjoyed it. I love the AU storylines...especially when they intermingle with the established universe.
maryg92844 chapter 11 . 11/22/2014
That was so good!
delete-account-please 5237847 chapter 11 . 9/3/2014
Fantastic story I’m so bummed that it came to an end
ErinKenobi2893 chapter 11 . 8/12/2014
Happy endings! :-D I love this story. :-)